WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR SEPTEMBER 2016

Options

Replies

• jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    I am laughing so hard Katla. Thanks. I needed that so it was a success!

Joyce, Indiana
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,121 Member
    Options
    Janetr- beautiful pictures! You are making me antsy for going on our vacation in October!

<3

Mary from Minnesota
  • Charleen2
    Charleen2 Posts: 223 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    miriam - You have the cutest kitties...ever! I hope you will post again soon so I can get my cute kitty fix rather than wander into the kitchen and get myself into deep trouble (again). Sigh.

Here is my daughter's rescue kitty (Loki) who has just discovered that fireplaces give off HEAT! He is convinced he is a popscicle if its under 85 degrees. n9fqkg0m7pzp.jpeg

Charleen in Colorado (Made miles and miles of piping today for a new show quilt)
  • janemartin02
    janemartin02 Posts: 2,653 Member
    Options
    tgif-saw ortho dr,got a good report.wt loss is coming along slow as I can`t do much in line of ex.
    Got staples out.Took an xray and found one of the screws had moved,so he`s gonna keep an eye on,it can`t move as it`s wedged.Can`t believe my luck,said if it doesn`t cause problems,will fix when he does the other leg.
    Welcome new ladies.
    hugs
    love the pics,tx for sharing

• KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    I love that kitty picture.

Janetr Thanks for posting the beautiful pics of Big Springs! I would love to see those springs.

Katla Remember the "drive by fruiting" in Mrs. Doubtfire? smiley.gif

Hi Newbies!

Karen in Virginia
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,558 Member
    Options
    Stats for the day:
    ride hm 2 gym- 12.03min, 14.7amph, 150mhr, 2.9mi = 93c
    JOG- 41min, 5.4-7.0sp, 12.35ap, 152mhr, 134ahr, 1.0incl for 2songs w/4.0sp walk-5.5-5.7jog, 1.5 for 2songs w/4.0sp walk-5.5-6.1 jog, 2.0 for 2songs w/4.0sp walk-5.5-5.7jog, 2.5 for 2songs w/4.0sp walk-5.5-5.7jog, 3.26mi = 317c
    ride gym 2 dome- 6.16min, 13.5amph, 147mhr, 1.4mi = 73c
    Ride done 2 hm- 20.04min, 7.8amph,146mhr, 2.5mi = 172c
    Total cal 655
  • NO_Excuses_515
    NO_Excuses_515 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I am a little late on the book discussion, but add me to the list of readers on this thread. I just finished The Girl on the Train and now I’m reading The Girl in the Spider Web. I think it was KJ that clued me in on the fact there was a fourth book written about Lisbeth Salander a month or so ago. I too belong to a book club and enjoy it because it gets me reading things I would never pick up on my own. I am supposed to read The War that Saved My Life by next Monday 9/26 but I haven’t started it yet. Guess I better get going on that one.

Today, I went to a free consultation at a place called New Leaf Wellness that specializes in natural hormone therapy. They have a treatment for menopause symptoms and another program for weight loss. I would like to do the therapy for menopause but it’s quite expensive and I can’t justify spending the money. I guess I will live with the hot flashes and night sweats for now. I won’t do the weight loss program, because it’s also quite expensive but I didn’t really buy into their approach either. They limit calories to 800-900 a day and don’t make any adjustments for those who exercise quite often. The hormones that are part of the program are supposed to keep you from losing lean muscle mass. I just couldn’t stick with a plan that is that restrictive. Anyway, the appointment did one thing. It made me take a hard look at myself and what I’ve been doing. I know that I can do this, but there is no easy way. I just have to stay focused on my goals and make good choices.

OK, I am confused. I saw the posts about Miriam leaving but I went back to look for a post from her and can’t find it. What happened?

Heading off to bed now so I can read a little and then get up early to go to the gym.

Linda/IA
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    Charleen- very cute kitty! More like a dreamsicle...

Jane- darn screw! I hope it stays put!

<3

Mary from Minnesota

• Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    :ohwell:
  • frankiesgirl21
    frankiesgirl21 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Kayla- you ok? That was a weird face?
  • frankiesgirl21
    frankiesgirl21 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Kayla- you ok? That was a weird face?

Love when this I pad auto corrects...KaTla!

Tracey
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    Not long now Mary, October is running right up pn us. You too will be seeing a lot of beauriful country.

Janetr okc (currently deep in the heart of the Ozarks)
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,229 Member
    Options
    Gorgeous pics Janetr! <3 I sooooooo want to drag DH over the pond before we get too old. :# So much to see.

Going to trim the cake tier today and make the top tier. It will feel good to have that part done. Saturday is newspaper day, so have to get that read. When DH goes out to get the paper he is going to buy some zucchini for me to spiralize. Having it with smoked salmon and Philly light, half fat creme fraiche, lots of scallions and garlic (home grown). I haven't had this favouritem recipe for ages because I so rarely eat pasta any more, but I will give it a go with the zoodles. DH will have tagliatelle.

Love Heather UK
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    heather you are an inspiring cook (and world traveler)!

So the weeks are starting to roll by quickly and the newness of the school year has indeed worn off-I've got lots of work to prep this weekend, plus yard work but my must do is my new resolve to meal plan-meaning eat at home and not waste food. I am going to make a "pilaf" using riced cauliflower. Have you guys tried this? Also a friend is sending me a recipe for walnut tacos, sounds yummy right?
    NYKAREN
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    o:)
  • lhannon062709
    lhannon062709 Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    ;)
  • fanncy0626
    Options