New products that caught your eyes recently?

Options

Replies

• tryett
    tryett Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    mom2colbyj wrote: »
    Found these at Walmart yesterday. They came in 3 flavors and were $1.58 each. kseqxrvt9ffh.jpeg
    9koqa7qet53g.jpeg
    I have tried all three flavors. Banana is my least favorite. The vanilla bean is good but the key line is my favorite.
  • tryett
    tryett Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Oops just noticed that's the oatmeal and not yogurt. Will have to look for it.
  • shinycrazy
    shinycrazy Posts: 1,081 Member
    Options
    jopalis wrote: »
    Zone salted caramel nut brownie protein bar. Also, Clif pumpkin spice but that only has 8 g of protein for 240 cal.

i love those zone bars!! The price point is much better too.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    Finally found the Hershey's Birthday Cake Kisses.

Wal-Mart should have them stocked with the regular candy, but it's near the Greeting Card section.

Also bought White Twix, the Snickers Hazelnut, Midnight Milky Way (I know this one isn't new, but I never tried it before), & White Kit Kat.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    oocdc2 wrote: »
    So, I finally found a vanilla bean Halo Top pint at Giant. It *is* good, but it's not $1.75/one half-cup good. I think I may save this for special occasions, like my birthday or something...

Have you tried the Coolhaus sandwiches yet? Awesome!
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    Omg impulsive buy posted so many yummy pumpkin and fall flavored things I want to try it all LOL. Need to amp up my exercise so I can eat more over the next few months lol
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Options
    29748264542_f18756f855_z.jpg?resize=481%2C640&ssl=1

Wonder if these are any good and what the stats are
  • abatonfan
    abatonfan Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    11492_LRGimg.jpg
    Pretty tasty, and the kcals/g of food is similar to Lean Cuisine (I am always hesitant to buy Lean Cuisine's stuff, because the portions are so tiny). It was filling, the macros were decent for a frozen meal (it wasn't carb overload. I think the macros were around 50-25-25% for carbs-fat-protein), and I'm happy that I didn't need to supplement with extra veggies.
    LiftSaltedCaramel4ct1510_F5.5.16.png?w=525&h=414&fit=fill&bg=FFFFFF
    I like these protein bars just as much as Quest, and they're cheaper per bar.
    208f02a8-8c80-4ed5-935b-b3bc0a1f8ef4_1.d39930082d3d7a8c7dda527852b7e498.jpeg?odnHeight=450&odnWidth=450&odnBg=FFFFFF
    My mother got me this, even though she knows I use my food scale religiously and hate measuring cups with a passion (she tries and means well). I might be able to use them for food prep (have someone else in my family weigh out food with those cups while I'm cooking something else. It'll be easier to tell them to "fill this cup up and write down how much it weighs" than to tell them to weigh out exactly 200g of something), but those portions I'm "supposed" to eat with these are ridiculously small (who the h*** eats only one cup of vegetables? Would a potato be a vegetable or a carb? Would I categorize edamame as a vegetable, a protein, or a carb? :D )

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options

Wal-Mart should have them stocked with the regular candy, but it's near the Greeting Card section.

Also bought White Twix, the Snickers Hazelnut, Midnight Milky Way (I know this one isn't new, but I never tried it before), & White Kit Kat.

Keep us posted about the Snickers hazelnut!

I love white kit kats.
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    It sucks being on a low fiber diet and not being able to eat all this yummy food. I wish they'd make protein stuff with a lower fiber option for those of us with GI diseases.
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    Options
    It sucks being on a low fiber diet and not being able to eat all this yummy food. I wish they'd make protein stuff with a lower fiber option for those of us with GI diseases.

You can make your own!

A casein/whey blend (like Quest) mixed with about a bit of melted butter or coconut oil and enough almond milk to make a crumbly mixture then pressed into a pan and placed into the refrigerator to set up will form protein bars. They're somewhat delicate, but they're very easy to make and you can vary up add-ins or extracts for different flavor options.
  • singingflutelady
    Options
    Good idea! I can't eat most non meat/dairy protein so I will have to try this

You can make your own!

A casein/whey blend (like Quest) mixed with about a bit of melted butter or coconut oil and enough almond milk to make a crumbly mixture then pressed into a pan and placed into the refrigerator to set up will form protein bars. They're somewhat delicate, but they're very easy to make and you can vary up add-ins or extracts for different flavor options.

• GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    Options

You can make your own!

Plant protein actually works even better than the casein/whey blend. Can you use a soy protein? I only use the casein/whey because I can't tolerate soy.
  • singingflutelady
    Options

You can make your own!

Plant protein actually works even better than the casein/whey blend. Can you use a soy protein? I only use the casein/whey because I can't tolerate soy.

Probably can use soy. Haven't tried.
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Options

I read great things about those Birthday Cake Kisses, do let us know what you think of all of those though they all sound delicious (I tried the midnight milky way and I can say that one was definitely delicious)

This was also posted on The Impulsive Buy. I'm definitely keeping an eye out at Walmart for it, but I'm not getting too hopeful since they never did sell those Denny's pancake mixes which were also supposedly spotted there Dx </3

fsw3rygv19iq.jpg
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Options
    Anyone try these yet ?1y0gvh1x85w3.jpeg
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    Omg impulsive buy posted so many yummy pumpkin and fall flavored things I want to try it all LOL. Need to amp up my exercise so I can eat more over the next few months lol

I want to try the Coldstone Creamery Hot Chocolate.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    jp21l77welsc.jpg

Muscletech Nitro Tech Crunch Bars.

Available in Birthday Cake, Chocolate Peanut Butter, Cookie Dough, Cookies and Cream and Cinnamon Bun. All are around 200-250 calories. 22 grams protein.

Where can you find these bars?
  • Noreenmarie1234
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Bought these they look delicious !!! They are huge for 200 calories bigger than bakery bagel and they look like a croissant0r1wpt6okcsx.jpeg
    texture