Weird gender attraction question

Replies

• thisonetimeatthegym
    thisonetimeatthegym Posts: 1,977 Member
    _MistahJ_ wrote: »
    Deep thoughts from a shallow mind. You categorized all people into three, poorly constructed, stereotypes. Please educate me on what causes homosexuality and bisexuality while you're gracing with your vast knowledge. Try to use coherent sentences, proper spelling and grammar as well. Oh, you lose points for citing Wikipedia as a reference.

I believe what I quoted earlier was the LGBT foundation. Not a liberal enough source for you? Are they too shallow a source for your depth?

Here's a dictionary for you to spew your hangry on:

col·lo·qui·al·ism
    kəˈlōkwēəˌlizəm

a word or phrase that is not formal or literary, typically one used in ordinary or familiar conversation.
    the use of ordinary or familiar words or phrases.

So, just as I expected, not an intelligent thought of your own.

"When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser."
    Socrates

[gasp] Another quote! I'm learning so much from you!

rqfkllk9wjdh.jpg
  • thisonetimeatthegym
    7xwhy0bt3y7e.gif
  • thisonetimeatthegym
    edited September 2016
    Deep thoughts from a shallow mind. You categorized all people into three, poorly constructed, stereotypes. Please educate me on what causes homosexuality and bisexuality while you're gracing with your vast knowledge. Try to use coherent sentences, proper spelling and grammar as well. Oh, you lose points for citing Wikipedia as a reference.

I believe what I quoted earlier was the LGBT foundation. Not a liberal enough source for you? Are they too shallow a source for your depth?

col·lo·qui·al·ism
    kəˈlōkwēəˌlizəm

a word or phrase that is not formal or literary, typically one used in ordinary or familiar conversation.

Socrates

rqfkllk9wjdh.jpg

That would be the most intelligent thing you've done in this thread.

B)
  • thisonetimeatthegym
    edited September 2016

col·lo·qui·al·ism
    kəˈlōkwēəˌlizəm

Socrates

rqfkllk9wjdh.jpg

That would be the most intelligent thing you've done in this thread.

B)
  • jenmar222
    jenmar222 Posts: 9,279 Member
    edited September 2016
    It's sad that some people can't disagree while still having open-minded, intelligent, thoughtful, civilized conversation. These people rely on exaggeration and hammering insults rather than using their brains or communication skills. You can usually spot them having to have the last word in every internet argument...

Anyway, this is why we can't have nice things :confused:
  • thisonetimeatthegym
    jenmar22 wrote: »
    It's sad that some people can't disagree while still having open-minded, intelligent, thoughtful, civilized conversation. These people rely on exaggeration and hammering insults rather than using their brains or communication skills. You can usually spot them having to have the last word in every internet argument...

Anyway, this is why we can't have nice things :confused:

9qignblluho3.jpg
  • Karb_Kween
    Karb_Kween Posts: 2,681 Member
    I love when people have opinions that differ from mine. Often they state them very intelligently, and I learn from them. Such as earlier in the thread when I was complaining about the multiplicity of labels that the LGBTQ movement is adopting. And then a couple forum members contributed very insightful posts about why finding a label for their own sexuality helped them understand it more and find community. We disagreed. Yet, it ended up being very respectful and insightful in the end.

The problem isn't differing opinions.... The problem is:

1. Not having the ability to discuss them in a respectful or civilized manner

2. Approaching the conversation as if you're 150% right so you don't need to consider others' perspectives

3. Not having the maturity to walk away when a conversation is clearly unproductive

You get a car
  • Karb_Kween

col·lo·qui·al·ism
    kəˈlōkwēəˌlizəm

Socrates

I find it interesting you would consider that slander when literally the majority of the post you referenced you did in fact copy verbatim from the site

The LGBT foundation is not exactly Westboro, which is where you can find out more about lesbian bed death.

http://lgbt.foundation/lesbian-bed-death

"If you’re lucky enough to be unaware of the term, “lesbian bed death” is when lesbians in long-term relationships either stop having sex altogether or have it very infrequently. Coined by Pepper Schwartz in 1983, it has its own Wikipedia page debating whether it’s a lesbophobic myth or a genuine problem and there's even a rock band of the same name! The general consensus is that whilst there may be statistics to indicate “bed death” is more prevalent in lesbian relationships, couples of all orientations experience it.

So is there any reason that female same-sex couples may be more likely to stop having sex? Well, maybe. Combine two menstrual cycles and (eventually) two menopauses, or even one of each, and there’s a lot of fluctuating hormones that could lead to sex drives dropping off. "

2cirob7y5uyj.jpg

No I'm quite content actually. I think it's pretty evident that while you have very strong beliefs on the subject, they are unfortunately not backed by anything other than your opinion. It is so simple to find facts that support your narrative these days. Citing the many forms of Greek love to try to support your initial argument but you failed to look at any other forms of love in fear that it might poke holes in what you believe. You find sites that support your opinions on how two women can not remain physical but you fail to look at any of the actual research on the topic. Instead you copy verbatim someone else's thoughts on the matter and try to pass it off as credible.

I actually think it is great that you are trying to do some thinking for yourself. Unfortunately you are trying to pass off your opinion by telling other people they are wrong. Your inability to look at both sides and do some REAL thinking is quite sad actually.

And I'm not surprised that when someone challenges you on it, you respond in memes or quotes, yet again, finding that small bit of validation that someone else out there feels the way you do.

Actually, my issue is that I find it odd that people have such an issue with people having an opinion that differs from yours.

Do you really enjoy living in an echo chamber?

You state in one breath that I have nothing but empty opinions of my own making, then in the next fault me for quoting someone else's opinion.

I grew up in a time where free thinking was actually encouraged, where we didn't have to think alike.

I am of the opinion that people are supposed to be different. The nurse and the soldier both go to war and run to danger, but their objectives are very different. They both have their role to play in this symphony that is life.

I have stopped this "debate" when I realized the only answer any of you would accept is to get in line and follow the herd.

What mattered to you was if I was "towing the company line," so to speak. That I wanted the OP to see herself as a HUMAN, valuable with or without a sexual life or label was what mattered to me.

Have a nice evening.

Re-reading through some of the older posts, I am very confident that you have achieved your goal and the OP sees herself as a beautiful human, still a bit unsure of her sexuality, but completely content on where this thread ended up.

Bravo!

srcstc.gif

P.S. Is the echo chamber slang for the beach in Florida? If so then yes!

At the emd pf the day
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Man what shitshow did I start, lol.
  • sunnybeaches105
    sunnybeaches105 Posts: 2,831 Member
    It seems like you're more asexual than anything, but why put a label on it and worry about it? Just do what you do.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Get some snowflake to explain all the ever-expanding definitions of gender identities you can choose from, then get them all tattooed on your arm and start walking around with a Sharpie strung around your neck for people to check which they prefer. Or, be u.
  • Karb_Kween
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Man what shitshow did I start, lol.

HAHAHA
  • sunnybeaches105
    sunnybeaches105 Posts: 2,831 Member
    edited September 2016
    Francl27 wrote: »
    OP, you are the only one who gets to determine (and label) your sexuality. If you were to just reading through a list of sexualities, based only on what you've told us, demi-sexual may be the best fit.

Orrrr, OP, you could just not label it and just go with it.

Why is our society so obsessed with labels? It seems very odd to me that we desire to stick labels on very complex parts of who we are (everyone must have a sexuality label, a religious label, a political ideology label....blah)

Labeling/categorizing EVERYTHING is very anti-queer imo

I don't care about the label. I'm just trying to figure out what is 'normal' as a heterosexual person, and what could be sign of bisexuality. I suppose it's harder to figure out when you don't necessarily feel much sexual attraction for anyone though.

Don't spend your life trying to be normal and fit in, just try to find people who care about you and with whom you can be happy. That goes for sexual and just friends relationships. Hell, it also goes for coworkers. Don't spend your life trying to change for everyone else. At risk of being misinterpreted, I'm not saying be a difficult *kitten*, but accept who you are and find your own path.
This discussion has been closed.