NON WW & WW NEWBIES, OUR NEW LIFE, THE START OF SOMETHING WONDERFUL

Options

Replies

• theslightedgeforever
    theslightedgeforever Posts: 2,230 Member
    Options
    Quick check in. Not doing my program Mil fell out of bed and I had to take her to the ER and get xrays on her elbow. It was all swollen. They say no fracture though. So back at it tomorrow
  • bugmom92
    bugmom92 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    slightedge, you know me so well. The last 2 weeks totally went into the toilet...and I wasn't checking in here. I just feel bad when I only have a few minutes and I can't do personals.
    So I got back up to where I started the last time I joined WW. I'm so over this. This week our leader gave us a challenge. We have 'til Halloween to lose 5% and we get a 5% charm. Well, there were no 5% charms when I lost 5%. So I thought this is cool, I get to earn one. It sounds dumb, probably, but I would get down to 5% and then think, not fair, I got back to 5% and I get no charm. So now I have a goal, lol. I also went off track with my question asking. I saw the lady yesterday who originally told me about asking myself my questions. She reminded me to keep at it. For me, I think I need the WW meetings. At least the Wed morning meeting with that particular leader and those particular members. It's my home meeting, and I don't realize how much I miss it until I get back to it. I need that meeting, and I need my family here. I hide from you all when I'm being a rebellious child!
    cbabie, I can track for 21 days and check in here for 21 days. But my days are starting yesterday. I know I didn't check in yesterday, but I did get to my WW meeting and I did track here. I pretracked for tomorrow. I like how it tells you how much you'll weigh in 5 weeks when you submit your food for the day. So if I pretrack, I know if I'm on the right track. I can't do points AND track here...and really I found that I'm staying within my numbers either way...I just like that it tells me my sodium, protein, sugars...I need that. Tomorrow is completely planned, food, errands, and activity. I'll do that again tomorrow night for Saturday. Saturday and Sunday will be challenging with my friend in from AZ and going to the beach with family and friends. I'll pack good food :-)
    Until tomorrow,
    Karla :-)
  • dankas001
    dankas001 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    good morning all 1lb off at last nights weigh in so happy ive booked zumba sunday tuesday next week im loving it although i still come out bright pink n sweaty at least in the next few weeks it will be darker at night when class finishes maybe no one will notice xx have great weekend kate xx
  • dankas001
    Options
    sorry to hear about your mil slightedge sounds very painful hope shes on the mend soon x
  • jackie_van_d
    jackie_van_d Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Friday!!!
    Headed to cottage country for the weekend! Woot woot
    Will do my best to track but without wifi it will be hard too. And meeting mark sit through, baked goods every break. Will see if there's a fruit option
    Hope you all have a great weekend
  • dankas001
    Options
    sounds great enjy your break x
  • cbabie
    cbabie Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    It's Friday!!! Yea, my problem is on Thursday nights, I know I am working from home on Fridays and I eat way too much food. I have to over come this. I will over come this. I am too determined of a person to give up. I'll admit I sometimes run out of steam, but I pull myself up and get a going again.

@health_guard Good for you, for tracking and staying in points..I didn't stay in my boundaries. :(
    @dankas001 Congrats on the loss..I have such a cartoon mind, I could "see" you coming all pink, with eyes darting around to see who was outside the door..LOL you got this!! I am glad you found something you like.
    @jjansen39 : Enjoy your weekend!! Hopefully you will find the fruit option...otherwise keep up on your walking. :)
    @theslightedgeforever : so sorry about MIL... I don't want to get old and bad health. :) Having older parents is not fun sometimes.
    @bugmom92: glad to see your face miss Karla. :) Yes you have always loved those Wed meetings. I say if we find something that works, keep doing it..why mess with it? :) get that Charm!! I do miss those days. I don't have to pay for the meetings as I am a lifetime member, you would think I would go..LOL I just like my family here!!
    @SONKISSED1 Hope you are having a GREAT Friday!!

Missing some of friends :'(

Okay I have to finish my tracking and exercises.

I did track and got my walk in, my weights...but missed my 10K steps by 300 steps..I forgot to look or I would have ran around my living room..LOL

Cbabie
  • bugmom92
    Options
    @health_guard - we've got this! To get to my 5% by Halloween this is what I'm doing: tracking (and staying within my goals) and checking in here. Every morning I ask myself a question or 2. Because the fibromyalgia gets better with no sugar, I have to ask myself every morning "Do you want less pain tomorrow morning?" and I also ask myself something else, depending on the day and my mood..."Do you want to fit into "that" outfit?", "Do you want to be able to hike up that hill without feeling like your lungs are going to implode?", "Do you want to weight 10.5 lbs lighter by Halloween?". This is how I will make it to this challenge goal. How are you going to make it there?
    Oh, and I have to say, I know that the sign is supposed to say Happy Friday...but it still looks like Hoppy Friday to me, and I keep picturing moving around a lot...hop to it! So we all should have a Happy and Hoppy Friday!

I am off to the eye doctor, then picking up a kid here, another kid there, hopefully my van will be ready to pick up ($970 later), then more errands, pick up another kid, and do a little grocery shopping for the weekend/week. Going to be a long day. But my meals are planned, my breakfast was healthy, and I have a walking appointment with my friend tonight. I'm also trying to get more plants in that water app, so I have my water all ready to drink and I'm making more of an effort to drink and water my plant. I had shared it with the lady at the dentist office and she was showing me her plants...I'm so far behind...I've almost killed plants, haha. (App is called Plant Nanny).

Have a great day!
    Until later,

• SONKISSED1
    SONKISSED1 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    TGIF Ladies! A pretty uneventful day, even though I couldn't get up on time to go to work. I had every intention to be early, but just could not get it together. I am not a breakfast person, so I try to eat around 9:30. Today I forgot to eat, so by lunch I was starving. I did not bring my lunch today and I did not want anything from the food courts in my building. I walked to another building and had a slice of cheese pizza and a diet coke. It was ok and I enjoyed it. Now it's dinner time - I am hungry, but I still don't have a taste for anything. If I had planned (like I said I would) I probably wouldn't have this problem. It's dangerous and I am eying all of the things I know I should not have! Tomorrow is weigh-in and I am holding my breath. It's all good though ;)

@theslightedgeforever - Hope all is well with your MIL
    @jjansen39 - Looks like a great weekend for you. I bet you'll do just fine. Enjoy!
    @dankas001 - Congrats on your loss. I weigh-in tomorrow - fingers (and toes) are crossed ;)
    @bugmom92 and @health_guard - Rooting for you and your 5% challenge - you can do it!
    @cbabie - You are such a great motivator as are all of the women here. Thanks y'all for helping me stay on track (I'm almost there - I can feel it).

Posted
    Tracked

Have a great night and talk to you tomorrow! :)

• dankas001
    Options
    happy saturday all planning all my meals for the week then off to stor soon to buy & cook some casserole & soups my hubby came off night shift this am so i took dog out for walk i was out for 45 minutes yet activity tracker only showed 1000 steps approx 10 mins cause my we dog getting old poor thing hope yu all have good day xx
  • cbabie
    Options
    It's Saturday!!! I did it, got my 10K in, but no weights....but I did stay OP and under calories.
    I will try for round 2... still on target with the 21 day challenge
    Day 5!

@health_guard Good for you, for tracking and staying in points..How was your meeting?
    @dankas001 Your walked!! that's the best part, we are all getting older every day. LOL
    @theslightedgeforever : hopefully all is good in your area of life.
    @bugmom92: How was yesterday? I like your questions. I have to ask myself and I going to stay the course?
    @SONKISSED1 I can't eat pizza, it's makes me retain water so bad, I just feel miserable and choose not to eat it. Everyone in my family loves it...so I just find something else. Glad you enjoyed it!! That's the best when you can eat something and enjoy it.

Okay I have to finish my tracking and exercises. I am thinking about taking a bike ride. I will let you know if I get out today.

Cbabie
  • cbabie
    Options
    It's Sunday morning! I have to get my rear in gear...my IPHONE went crazy and the screen has lines..they tell me I have to go get a new screen. I have had nothing but trouble with my iphone. I have no issues with my Android. I have to go get ready for church, and most likely won't get my walk in today. But Sunday is supposed to be a day of rest. (sorry health_guard) :) I did it again yesterday, got my 10K in, did a 15 min bike ride...boy am I out of shape, Stayed OP and under calories. So I am going for 3.

@health_guard I hope you recoup from your double today. Yes I think it's a great idea to track our emotions. I was in a emotional funk yesterday, but went to bed instead of eating. I can't always do that, but I did yesterday. I know I am an emotional eater...right now I have a purpose with the eating habits I have and I think that is helping me. I also told my oldest daughter that I would be accountable to her. She will never condemn but she is a health nut and she encourages me. She went from a size 14-15 to a size 2, through diet and exercise. She has to eat gluten free, dairy free, and has a son that also must eat that way and is allergic to corn...So I lean on her sometimes. That is why we have this board all have need of it...

okay the rest of you, I expect to see a post from you..21 day challenge remember?

I hope you have a great Sunday, it's a rest day. Our minds and body needs some down time.

Cbabie
  • shellyld2016
    shellyld2016 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Lost 3.4 this week! I feel like I'm back on the old flex plan again. Love it!
  • shellyld2016
    shellyld2016 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I have switched to counting calories as opposed to the new ww program. I am loving this app! I really missed the old weight watchers flex program. That is how I lost so much before. I use my old guidelines that helped me so much. I am getting at least 5 servings of fruits and veggies daily, 2 dairy, and min. Of 8 water. For me personally other drinks don't count towards that goal. I just see better results that way.
    After my healthy foods I allow myself to have other things if I really want as long as they fit into my calories. I also really watch fiber and protein.
  • SONKISSED1
    SONKISSED1 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies! I had a severe allergic reaction to a small piece of walnut and it pretty much wiped me out. I'm allergic to most nuts. Still not feeling well today, but just wanted to stop by to let you know that I'm thinking of you. Hope all is well with you all!
  • theslightedgeforever
    theslightedgeforever Posts: 2,230 Member
    Options
    karla go put post its all around your house where you will see them 5% 5% 5% When you are at the beach with your friends Think 5% Yes I do know you because we are probably twins in our habits. Plus our child like ways and rebelliousness ;)

danka Yeah on another pound gone Thank you on my mil. I have to take her back to the dr tomorrow She's still complaining about it hurting and she can't put pressure on it to get up out of a chair when using her walker to stand up. I can't keep giving her pain meds forever. They said just a hematoma but I noticed last night that was worse. I had an OMG expression when I saw it.

jackie hope you are enjoying your weekend. Next time take pics of your plate or snacks you eat. That way you can enter it when you get back home.

cbabie I think your mind thinks it is the weekend on Thurs night since your not going into work. Just keep telling yourself my body does not take weekends off I hear you on the older parents Did you ride your bike? oh justvread you did. Good for you

healthguard what do you like best about the meetings? Could any of that be replicated here? I did yardwork today. Still more to do.

sonkissed did you make good choices the night before weigh in? I hope everything is okay with your allergy

shelly welcome to the group Great loss. Sounds like you really worked your plan. I had to switch to calories and carbs because I'm a prediabetic.

Thanks to all for warm wishes for my mil. I decided to do a group hug.

Anyone not going to meetings to get a charm, I will give you this if you meet your 5% goal. Who's up for the challenge.
    jv188x4wkhfo.png

5.png 120.9K
  • bugmom92
    Options
    Had a blast this weekend with jr high/high school friends. Gotta go to bed, but I wanted to check in. Tracked, made decent food choices for the most part. Will read and catch up with everyone tomorrow. (Monday, which I guess since it's 1 am would be later today, lol)
    'Til later,
  • peruviansweetie
    peruviansweetie Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies!!
    Sorry I haven't been around.. Been busy with I don't know what lol. I'm tired by the end of the day and have been going to bed early. Making a little bit of time to post on here today. I canceled my WW online membership. I wasn't even tracking, so why waste the money. I'll focus on tracking here and see how that goes. I'll catch up on posts later. I have 71 posts to read lol lol
    Have a great day ladies!!!
  • peruviansweetie
    peruviansweetie Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    swn5p6kmosph.jpeg
  • cbabie
    Options
    It's Monday!! Yea I have made it another day staying OP/under calories, I however...DID NOT get my walk in yesterday. Sundays are hard on me...my DH sleeps till who knows when and I have to be at church at 7 and don't get home until about 1:30. We have just recently went to 2 services and I participate in both. So today I have to figure out my lunch still yet, and I have to leave in a little over an hour, so I won't get my walk in again today. I got up late.. :(

@peruvianbeauty So glad you are here!!! I miss you and your HUGS..:) You can do this, I know you.
    @SONKISSED1 Boy I would be in trouble if I was allergic to nuts.. :) I live off of them. I am sorry and I hope you get to feeling like your old self soon!!! Thanks for posting even though you were under the weather.
    @bugmom92 : Hope you get rested today! Good job on keeping on tracking. I laugh when I see slightedge telling you that you guys are twins..we all have a twin. (wonder who mine is) :)
    @theslightedgeforever Sorry about your MIL..it's so sad to watch our family go down hill. Love the 5% braclet..this is awesome. maybe we should do one for the 21 day challenge of posting?
    @shellyld2016 Great job on the loss, welcome to this board. I love tracking here and knowing what I am putting in my body. I too loved the flex plan..
    @health_guard : hope you got some sleep and great choices.

Okay gals I am running late.

See you all later.

cbabie