Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• JessicaMcB
    JessicaMcB Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I went and bought some Russell Stover SF chocolates while I was out. I've had six today which, when you take into account the glycemic index of malitol, puts me well above where I should be on my carbs today. Feeling really *kitten* about it because I knew WHEN I bought them that my ability to moderate this stuff is terrible and I should've left them at the store. Low carb maintenance problems I tell you :(
  • raymax4
    raymax4 Posts: 6,070 Member
    Options
    JessicaMcB wrote: »
    Yesterday I went and bought some Russell Stover SF chocolates while I was out. I've had six today which, when you take into account the glycemic index of malitol, puts me well above where I should be on my carbs today. Feeling really *kitten* about it because I knew WHEN I bought them that my ability to moderate this stuff is terrible and I should've left them at the store. Low carb maintenance problems I tell you :(

Judging from your profile pic you haven't had many days doing this. You can aways send them here if there is to much temptation for you there. Don't beat your self up. sometimes enjoying the moment can be worth it.
  • JessicaMcB
    JessicaMcB Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    raymax4 wrote: »

Judging from your profile pic you haven't had many days doing this. You can aways send them here if there is to much temptation for you there. Don't beat your self up. sometimes enjoying the moment can be worth it.

No thankfully I have enough control that I threw them at my husband and kids to get them out of the house, but it's kind of disappointing I even bought them honestly. I know that if it isn't single serving size and I have trouble moderating it that it needs to stay at the store but I was dumb :( . And no enjoyment wrought given all the residual guilt so even dumber.

Tomorrow is a new chocolate free day I guess haha
  • raymax4
    raymax4 Posts: 6,070 Member
    Options

No thankfully I have enough control that I threw them at my husband and kids to get them out of the house, but it's kind of disappointing I even bought them honestly. I know that if it isn't single serving size and I have trouble moderating it that it needs to stay at the store but I was dumb :( . And no enjoyment wrought given all the residual guilt so even dumber.

Tomorrow is a new chocolate free day I guess haha

Why the guilt. Make it a treat day. It is ok to enjoy every now and then. It keeps one from having a total break down. I would say you did well for the day if you only ate six. You were smart enough to enlist help from your family.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Alienique wrote: »
    I don't tell people outside of MFP that I work out on a regular basis. The more people I fool into thinking that I just look like this, the better I feel about myself.

:D I love this! <3

What? This squat booty? Oh, it's just good genetics.
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    Sarahb29 wrote: »
    Confession time.. last week I made rice crispy squares for my husband but instead of rice crispies I used some sort of coca flakes cereal. I snuck a square and it was like eating marshmellow oreos. I have to make capn crunch ones next and am going to stay as far away from them as possible.

http://picky-palate.com/2011/03/17/no-bake-chewy-cookies-and-cream-bars/

Have you had these?! They actually use Oreos and they ARE DELICIOUS!!! And Cap'n Crunch bars sound amazing!!! I love Cap'n Crunch.

How many thousand calorie per oz are those?

I'm sure at least 1.5. The one and only time I had these was on Thanksgiving several years ago before I started counting calories. HOWEVER, if someone made these again, I would eat them and not feel the least bit guilty because they are seriously thebombdotcom!
  • MoHousdon
    Options
    I don't tell people outside of MFP that I work out on a regular basis. The more people I fool into thinking that I just look like this, the better I feel about myself.

My daughter hasn't done a squat in her life, and she's got a squat booty that I'm working my butt off (or on in this case) in the gym for! There's something to this genetics nonsense.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    captbklee wrote: »
    My primary motivation to complete my workout this morning was the old lady next to me who had more time on her machine than I did.

That would do it for me.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    Confession time.. last week I made rice crispy squares for my husband but instead of rice crispies I used some sort of coca flakes cereal. I snuck a square and it was like eating marshmellow oreos. I have to make capn crunch ones next and am going to stay as far away from them as possible.

Confession - don't mess with plain old, original Rice Krispie treats. No m&ms, no candy corn, no different cereal. It's just wrong. :p

Not a knock on your treats, @Sarahb29 ;) I just love the originals.

Did you know that Original Rice Krispies are not celiac safe? They use barley malt as a flavoring. I miss rice crispy treats.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options

Why? You look like this because you worked for it. What's wrong with that.
  • quiksylver296
    Options

Confession - don't mess with plain old, original Rice Krispie treats. No m&ms, no candy corn, no different cereal. It's just wrong. :p

Not a knock on your treats, @Sarahb29 ;) I just love the originals.

Did you know that Original Rice Krispies are not celiac safe? They use barley malt as a flavoring. I miss rice crispy treats.

Boo! Some things you would never guess.
  • 25lbsorbust
    25lbsorbust Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I ate texas-shaped tortilla chips while watching the debate last night, and didn't log any of it, like the rebel I am.
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    I ate texas-shaped tortilla chips while watching the debate last night, and didn't log any of it, like the rebel I am.

With salsa, guac, seven layer, or other dip? It must be full confession if you are to receive absolution. :D
  • adelanghe
    adelanghe Posts: 27 Member
    Options

My daughter hasn't done a squat in her life, and she's got a squat booty that I'm working my butt off (or on in this case) in the gym for! There's something to this genetics nonsense.

Take a look at your husband's butt...
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    adelanghe wrote: »

Take a look at your husband's butt...

Oh, she does! Right, @MoHousdon?!? :D
  • adelanghe
    adelanghe Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Well, I guess it feels good to know that if you ever need a butt transplant you know you can ask your relatives for a donation :D
  • MoHousdon
    Options
    You know it, @quiksylver296!!! :naughty:
  • KylerJaye
    KylerJaye Posts: 861 Member
    Options

i've done this but with fruity pebbles!
    SOOOOO YUMMY!!!!
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    KylerJaye wrote: »

i've done this but with fruity pebbles!
    SOOOOO YUMMY!!!!

I bought some Halloween themed Frosted Flakes (cocoa covered with marshmallow skeletons) for husband/son and they are not eating them. I def know where they're going to end up now.