lexealpu Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Johannesburg South Africa here
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Jimb376mfp wrote: »
    [Any other married chit chatters ever considered the Big D?

Yup. It was about out about 4-5 years ago.
    I stayed, for my own reasons.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,508 Member
    Options
    epr3996 wrote: »
    Married for over 20 years 3 sons 3 grandchildren and I could not have asked for a better partner in Life.

count your blessings
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,508 Member
    Options

my wife married me only because she wanted to legally use the carpool lane.

sometimes the truth hurts, it damn sure does...
  • StelleInCielo
    StelleInCielo Posts: 619 Member
    Options
    Timshel_ wrote: »
    Funny.

Single Thread 18.7k posts
    Married Thread 2K posts
    Divorced Thread 64 posts

Give it time! I am sure we will catch up

Yeah @StelleInCielo, I see it as divorced people are done talking about relationships, married people still have hope and will talk about relationships, and single people are desperate to talk and find someone for a relationship lol.

Sounds about right. And truth is I would hate to be single now. Seems like people (women and men alike) are more interested in quick hookups and no commitment flings then actually building on that mutual attraction and seeing where it takes you.
  • Jimb376mfp
    Jimb376mfp Posts: 6,232 Member
    Options
    lexealpu wrote: »
    Johannesburg South Africa here
    united1974 wrote: »
    married and in brisbane australia here.

Maybe it's because I'm old (68) or a typical American I'm still surprised when I realize I'm on the World Wide Web! LoL

Newport News, Virginia, USA
    (Near Norfolk, VA)

@lexealpu My youngest son took a three month sabbatical and roamed South Africa. He Loved it and I got to have a "virtual" experience.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    I'm in Canada
  • Jimb376mfp
    Jimb376mfp Posts: 6,232 Member
    Options
    I'm in Canada

Well that narrows it down! LoL j/k

I've been through parts of Canada, like across from Niagara Falls and when we drove from Anchorage to Virginia' Beautiful parts but miles and miles of NOTHING, glad my truck didn't break down.

• Guns_N_Buns
    Guns_N_Buns Posts: 1,899 Member
    Options
    I've been sick. At work with swollen glands and a bloody nose. Happy Wednesday ( I guess it's good if I thought it was Tuesday and typed that initially)!
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Options
    shrcpr wrote: »
    Married MFP'er here. Married 28 years, 1 grown son. I've been reading through this whole thread and I missed a bunch of good topics! I have to comment on one of them because I feel like such a weirdo.

Vacations and who plans them. My husband and I have never went on a major vacation with just the two of us. We have always went with groups so neither one of us have planned any vacation we've been on. We go on a week-long camping trip every year with about 40-50 people, we go on a week-long snowboarding trip every year with 10-12 people, we've been on group cruises and group vacations to Hawaii. I find this odd but every time we talk about doing a "just us" vacation some group thing comes up and we want to do that. In Feb, we're going on a group trip to Fiji. Maybe we're just lazy and don't want to do our own planning!

Happy Friday!

Sounds like you have good social connections, but some alone time would be very good as well.
  • roamingtiger
    roamingtiger Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    Happy hump day
  • your_pal_crusher
    your_pal_crusher Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    I've been sick. At work with swollen glands and a bloody nose. Happy Wednesday ( I guess it's good if I thought it was Tuesday and typed that initially)!

That sounds terrible. Hope you feel better soon!
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Options
    Yeah, for now! I can't wait until the 1st snow. It usually happens on Halloween. Our winters get in the negatives. Can't wait! I LOVE the cold, and I'm getting tired of the heat.

Good for you. Coldest where I live is 19 C or 67 F. Nowhere near freezing as you can see.
  • Lonestar5715
    Lonestar5715 Posts: 466 Member
    Options

@Guns_N_Buns sorry G&B, I hope you're over it soon! That stinks to have to go to work feeling that way, we've missed you!
  • BinaryPulsar
    Options
    Jimb376mfp wrote: »
    I'm in Canada

Well that narrows it down! LoL j/k

I've been through parts of Canada, like across from Niagara Falls and when we drove from Anchorage to Virginia' Beautiful parts but miles and miles of NOTHING, glad my truck didn't break down.

I'm on the west coast.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    Funny.

Single Thread 18.7k posts
    Married Thread 2K posts
    Divorced Thread 64 posts

Give it time! I am sure we will catch up

Yeah @StelleInCielo, I see it as divorced people are done talking about relationships, married people still have hope and will talk about relationships, and single people are desperate to talk and find someone for a relationship lol.

Sounds about right. And truth is I would hate to be single now. Seems like people (women and men alike) are more interested in quick hookups and no commitment flings then actually building on that mutual attraction and seeing where it takes you.

Honestly, some times I desire quick hook ups but in the end I know deep down it would need to be something more. Never been good at the hook-up stuff anyways. I like people I want to sleep with too much.
  • DarleneReid577
    DarleneReid577 Posts: 4,401 Member
    Options
    TonyB0588 wrote: »
    Yeah, for now! I can't wait until the 1st snow. It usually happens on Halloween. Our winters get in the negatives. Can't wait! I LOVE the cold, and I'm getting tired of the heat.

Good for you. Coldest where I live is 19 C or 67 F. Nowhere near freezing as you can see.

I would love to live there. I am not a cold weather person.
  • theclaw900
    theclaw900 Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Married here, going to have to catch up with you all.
  • BinaryPulsar
    Options

I hope you get well soon. That sounds terrible. :heart: We are sick too. Always happens when the kids first go back to school.
  • lexealpu
    lexealpu Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Big D !
    No way, happily married. Has its moments, more even than rough now days, quite content, wife, kids, mortgage, car payments.. The whole catastrophe !
    Reckon I'd be completely lost in today's single world