Ghost Stories - I Want To Hear Your Best!

Options

Replies

• JessicaJS23
    JessicaJS23 Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options
    Thank you and it's ok.. she lived a lot longer than doctors had predicted she would years before. I'm thankful that she was able to make it to my wedding and give me her own gender reveal lol
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    Not as scary as many of these stories, which I love so thanks for sharing but...

The house I grew up in was built in the 50's. Only one owner before us. She passed in the house of old age. Every single night at midnight the door knocker on the front would knock 3-4 times and never was there anyone there.

The house we currently live in has some strange happenings, things just plain disappear and go missing. Since day 1, the very first day was a bath and body works wall plug in, we have been there 5 years now and it has never turned up. Several things since have just vanished. Even when no one is around. Every night as I am sleeping I am woken up several times by the sound of a radio playing, I always think it is my alarm going off. I will look and it's always around 1 am that it starts and happens at least 2 or 3 times through the night. Several times we have left the house knowing all appliances are turned off and come home to them on. I also get weird/chilly feelings when I am alone upstairs.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    Were you aroused?

yes; always

wait. what was the situation again?

on second thought

it's okay.... the answer is the same

yes; always
  • futureicon
    futureicon Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Since day 1, the very first day was a bath and body works wall plug in, we have been there 5 years now and it has never turned up.

I personally hate the smell of Glade plugins. My wife has tried using them around the house and they also "mysteriously disappear". I wonder if she thinks our place is haunted. Ha!

• RunHardBeStrong
    Options
    Not as scary as many of these stories, which I love so thanks for sharing but...

The house I grew up in was built in the 50's. Only one owner before us. She passed in the house of old age. Every single night at midnight the door knocker on the front would knock 3-4 times and never was there anyone there.

The house we currently live in has some strange happenings, things just plain disappear and go missing. Since day 1, the very first day was a bath and body works wall plug in, we have been there 5 years now and it has never turned up. Several things since have just vanished. Even when no one is around. Every night as I am sleeping I am woken up several times by the sound of a radio playing, I always think it is my alarm going off. I will look and it's always around 1 am that it starts and happens at least 2 or 3 times through the night. Several times we have left the house knowing all appliances are turned off and come home to them on. I also get weird/chilly feelings when I am alone upstairs.

Strangely I have the vanishing things problem as well. In my situation though, it isn't ghosts stealing the stuff and making it disappear, it is THE CHILDREN. I have found the tv remote control in the garbage more times than I can count, actually, lots of stuff in the trash...thats my go to place if I can't find anything.
    futureicon wrote: »
    Since day 1, the very first day was a bath and body works wall plug in, we have been there 5 years now and it has never turned up.

I personally hate the smell of Glade plugins. My wife has tried using them around the house and they also "mysteriously disappear". I wonder if she thinks our place is haunted. Ha!

HA! I have blamed the kids too @LiftingLady5.. but it's not them.. they are just the weirdest things that go missing

LOL @futureicon Maybe she does! I know my hubs isn't taking them because we have others that haven't disappeared..
  • Bigsur2
    Bigsur2 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I've only had one experience in my entire 39 years of living. Anything small I've written off.

I'm in the environmental field and worked for a company who was contracted to perform a hazardous waste audit at the FEMA National Training Center in Emmitsburg, MD. Fast forward to after the incident, I find out that this place used to be some type of catholic hospital or something where a priest and others have died and there have been other various "sightings" or "occurrences".

I was placed in a "hotel-like" building that is on campus to spend the night in; it was a two-night trip. First night, I sort of "came to" out of a deep sleep. I remember exactly how I was laying on the bed. All of a sudden I felt a BOOM BOOM BOOM as if somebody was pounding the footboard of the old wooden bed frame with their fist. Now I'm wide awake and a little startled but I think, wow...now THAT was a realistic dream. I decide to get settled back into my normal sleeping position, and before I even start to fade, someone sits down on the mattress at the foot of the bed. If you've ever been laying on a bed and your significant other comes and plops down on the mattress to talk to you, you know the feeling.

Long story short, it was about 3am. I was up, showered, stuff collected, and out of that room by about 330. Waited for work to start at about 7am. A maintenance guy who works on campus could tell I was visibly shaken, so I decided to ask "have you ever heard of anything weird or paranormal going on here"? His response was "oh you don't know"? He commenced to give me the back story and tell me about various incidents he personally experienced over the years. Night two of the trip, I wasn't there. Gone!!! Didn't care if my boss would be upset or not.
  • RunHardBeStrong
    Options
    gguyer2 wrote: »
    I've only had one experience in my entire 39 years of living. Anything small I've written off.

I'm in the environmental field and worked for a company who was contracted to perform a hazardous waste audit at the FEMA National Training Center in Emmitsburg, MD. Fast forward to after the incident, I find out that this place used to be some type of catholic hospital or something where a priest and others have died and there have been other various "sightings" or "occurrences".

I was placed in a "hotel-like" building that is on campus to spend the night in; it was a two-night trip. First night, I sort of "came to" out of a deep sleep. I remember exactly how I was laying on the bed. All of a sudden I felt a BOOM BOOM BOOM as if somebody was pounding the footboard of the old wooden bed frame with their fist. Now I'm wide awake and a little startled but I think, wow...now THAT was a realistic dream. I decide to get settled back into my normal sleeping position, and before I even start to fade, someone sits down on the mattress at the foot of the bed. If you've ever been laying on a bed and your significant other comes and plops down on the mattress to talk to you, you know the feeling.

Long story short, it was about 3am. I was up, showered, stuff collected, and out of that room by about 330. Waited for work to start at about 7am. A maintenance guy who works on campus could tell I was visibly shaken, so I decided to ask "have you ever heard of anything weird or paranormal going on here"? His response was "oh you don't know"? He commenced to give me the back story and tell me about various incidents he personally experienced over the years. Night two of the trip, I wasn't there. Gone!!! Didn't care if my boss would be upset or not.

Scary!

After reading this it reminded me that I often get the feeling of someone sitting on my side of the bed about the same time I hear the radio come on every night.
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
  • cee134
    Options
    IT'S MIST! I'm bumping this thread with a spooky goblet.

mck2pk1uzjsr.gif
    200.gif 169.6K
  • cee134
    Options
    4p7ih7w56nwt.jpg

I almost posted that same meme today.
  • cee134
    Options