Motivation, Success and Frustration Sharing!

Options

Replies

• Rachel0778
    Rachel0778 Posts: 1,701 Member
    Options
    @health_guard I love that you call your puppies fur kids! I call mine my fur baby too :)

@janetay01 4am is a rough time to be awake! I hope the rest of this week goes smoother

@bluepoppies777 Happy Canadian Thanksgiving! Keeping on track during the holidays is rough, especially when willpower is already low. Just make the best choices you can and keep checking in when you need us!

I had my roller derby practice last night and it went well all considering (I haven't been on skates since I was 11). I am a little nervous since 3 out of the 6 new participants ended up getting injured on the first day. I didn't feel unsafe (and I'm used to falling with my martial arts practices) so I'm hoping I won't be next, but it does make me nervous! I guess we'll see how Thursday goes...if any more start dropping I may have to for self preservation!
  • wishfuljune
    wishfuljune Posts: 2,574 Member
    Options
    @bluepoppies777 - Happy Thanksgiving (in Canada)! I completely understand what you mean about the holidays. I try to limit myself to just a few items, or I'll grab a small plate and fill it up. Since it's small, it can theoretically hold less food (unless you pile/stack food on top of each other), and I find that I eat with my eyes, so if I see a full plate and finish it, I feel full.

@health_guard - I agree about three day weekends! I keep thinking it's Tuesday, but it's really Wednesday! How did the week fly by so quickly! Sounds like you had a good weekend overall though.

@janetay01 - sounds like things are really busy for you between work and Alistair! I hope that he doesn't continue to wake up between 4 and 5 in the morning. That is really early. :/ That's awesome that you now have a home office! I hope it turns out just the way you want it to. :)

@Rachel0778 - Congrats on all the fitness classes! Glad to hear that Roller Derby went well again! How many fitness classes do you participate in?

The BF and I had a wonderful time in Acadia National Park! Our sea kayaking tour was so much fun and we saw 5-6 porpoises while we were out in the bay. I didn't get wet at all in the kayak, so I probably would have been okay in just regular shoes, but my water shoes were really comfortable. Sunday and Monday we did over 12 miles of hiking on 7 different trails. The views were gorgeous all around us with the leaves just starting to change on the trees and the cool air was a welcomed relief. We also had a lot of food and drink, and I haven't weighed myself yet, but I'm sure I'm within a couple of pounds of where I left off before the weekend.

We have spin class tonight and then hitting the gym heavy for the rest of the week. :)
  • Rachel0778
    Options
    @wishfuljune Too many lol. I've got Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Mondays, Roller Derby Tuesday/Thursdays, Pole Dancing Wednesdays, Yoga on Wednesdays, and Weight lifting/Running on the weekends. Friday is my day off :)

Your National Park stay sounds like so much fun! Definitely wait a few days to weigh in to mitigate the sodium fluctuations.
  • ngolden3320
    ngolden3320 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Morning all. I'm still here. It has been crazy at work. For the last 2 days I have been working in receiving trying to help receive in the complaints so I can do my job. It has been a pain in the *kitten*. If someone doesn't do their job correctly w this new system it screws up all the way down the line and I am at the end of the line. Ugh. Haven't been to the gym at all this week. Vollleyball 3 nights massive stress headache last night and I work up yesterday w my under my kneecap hurting. Comes and goes but really hurts bad to walk when it comes. :'( I will. Arch up soon
  • PhedraJD
    PhedraJD Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    Sadly, I am back from vacation. We had so much fun. My cold is still here hanging on. so took the day off from work.

Thursday we arrived in FL 5 am there time. So we slept for part of the day. Then the BF and my youngest explored the neighborhood in the heat of the afternoon. 3 mile walk in the sun and humidity is gross. I was so wet with sweat. Was fun to see, and was proud of my 5 yr old for hanging in there. Then dinner out with the family. We did Italian, I had chicken parm, spaghetti, rolls and salad. Was yummy.

Friday, we went to the beach. It was beautiful, hot and the sand was softer than soft. The kids loved it. My youngest almost cried because she didn't want to leave. I saw a dolphin way out in the water. Made dinner and hung out why my big sis slept the evening away. She was also sick.

Saturday off to Disney World. It ended up being their 45th birthday. Got a cool Souvenir pin. It is about what you expect, hot, crowded and long lines. The kids loved it. Ate over priced yucky pizza there. Had dinner at Chili's.
    Also stopped at Disney springs (shopping center) Kids had fun.

Sunday was a blast. The BF bought my sis, brother and myself awesome seats to go watch the Broncos win over the Tampa bay team. Me being a Bronco fan loved it. I was amazed at all the Bronco fans, enjoyed a 90 minute rain delay, and more screaming with mostly Bronco fans in the end. Did crappy dinner at the Wing house. Food was over cooked, and the service was lousy.

Monday, was another day at the beach. My son saw a stingray in the water, the girls saw a funky (I think saw fish) BF made steak dinner for everyone, and did cake and ice cream for all the birthdays. My Sis, and both girls have bdays within two weeks of each other.

Tuesday, we went to the river, played in the water, took a walk. Saw some dolphins, no more than 5 feet from the shore. Found a little hole in the wall bar and grill off the river and had a yummy lunch with great service.

Late flight in. I did a weigh in this morning, and flipped the scale off. It says I gained 4 pounds. I think it is lying to me. I am going with water weight. Although I ate more than I normally do, I kept up on my steps except for one day. Either way it was so much freaking fun, we can't wait to go back. I had a blast and the smiles on everyone's faces was worth it.

Back to the grind tomorrow.
  • magicpickles
    magicpickles Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    I ate 5 pieces of pizza instead of my usual 16 (not a typo)
  • bluepoppies777
    bluepoppies777 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Rachel, that made me smile. For an introvert you sure are busy! Love it! And brave for doing the roller derby, that is no joke flying around and jostling! We all hope you don't get injured too!

June, your hiking and kayaking sounds so fun!! That is right up my alley, wish we lived closer and I would go too! Lol! Have fun spinning, that is my fav class, but I haven't been able to go in weeks because I'm driving my younger son to volleyball, soccer and swimming when those classes are on!

Jen, your Florida vacation sounds great. Even flying can make you retain water, so for sure give it a few days and you will be back down.

Nicole and Jane, both having issues with systems at work! How frustrating!! Hope it improves!

Magic pickles, that is a really good NSV, keep that up!!

I was up st 5:20am and at the gym at 5:30! Plus walked at lunch today. Weighed myself this am and I am down 2 lbs thankfully! I was up 11 from the summer!! So I do feel like I am getting back on track! I'm happy because I definitely need the motivation to watch the portions on the weekend for the turkey dinner. Thanks for the support guys! I will put my food on a smaller plate and take smaller portions, and stick to making healthy stuff. But I am going to have the pumpkin pie because I'm going to make it home made this year from pumpkins from my parent's garden!

Have a great day everyone!
  • Rachel0778
    Options
    @ngolden3320 Sorry to hear your week has been stressful! Is the knee injury re-occurring or did you injure it recently?

@jdelaroy Glad you hear you had a fun time on vacation! Ignore the scale for a few days to let the sodium dissipate a bit.

@magicpickles Great NSV!

@bluepoppies777 That pie sounds amazing! And what I love about exercise is it eliminates the need for small talk that most large gatherings center on. It makes being in a large group much more manageable for us introverted folk :)

@health_guard I agree, I can't believe it's not Friday yet...I am so done with this week

So I screwed up big time at my job and forgot about a presentation (to give me credit, I'm juggling over 3 a day on top of my meetings and appointments). It's the first time I've ever done this but I feel so guilty and stupid about it. I was still able to give the presentation but they had to hunt me down and I was 15 minutes late :/ I hate not being on top of my game and I'm dreading potentially having to meet with the director about it. I really hope it just gets swept under the rug, but my anxiety won't quiet down about it and I slept terribly last night. Here's to hoping today goes by fast. I wish I still had my boxing class so I could punch out my aggression/anxiety
  • ngolden3320
    Options
    @jdelaroy your vacation sounds amazing. Even if it isn't all water weight (which it probably is). It was worth it.
    @Rachel0778 I don't remember hurting my knee at all I just woke up in the middle of the night and it was hurting. Have taken the week off from the gym :# but it is feeling better. I started throwing the stationary bike in the mix so maybe that was it who knows. I also turned 48 last Tuesday so i could just be old and decrepit now. :D Hope you didn't get in trouble at work.

NSV. Hubby had to poke a new hole in my fat belt. About 2 1/2" from the last one and he still could have went another 1 1/2". I guess I should just buy a new belt or new jeans. I think I will go w the belt and wait a month or so on the jeans and see if I can get 2 sizes smaller.

HAPPY FRIDAY. Do know why it takes so freaking long to get here
  • wishfuljune
    Options
    My stress levels have been through the roof ever since I got back from vacation. My boyfriend was in a phD program up until this summer when the university decided to not fund his research any longer. His last day was in August, and he has been trying to find a job since. He has his master's degree from the program, but it's in a very specific field (seismology), and he doesn't want to do field work or work for an oil company. Where we live, there aren't exactly a ton of earthquakes either, so there aren't a lot of seismic-related jobs here, but he doesn't want to move.

So now, he's frustrated because he doesn't have a job and he's been applying to all these data analyst jobs that he's not hearing back from. My company was actually in the process of getting him an offer back in August, but the team he was going to join has gone through a restructure, and now they're not sure if they have the budget to add more team members for the rest of the year, so he's really bummed about that.

He sits at home and does nothing. He tells me about a job that he's interested in, and when I ask if he's applied, he says no. I'm a recruiter, so I know how fast the recruiting process can move when a new job is posted and it frustrates me that he doesn't send in application as soon as he sees a job. He watches Netflix. He feels like his life is going nowhere, and everytime I try to tell him that everyone has gone through this, including myself, and that it's okay to take an office job or something else until he figures out what he wants to do, but he shuts down and just doesn't talk to me.

I feel selfish for how I feel whenever I'm home. I feel like I'm walking on eggshells with him all the time. I hate going to the gym with him too, but he gets offended when I tell him that he should go during the day if he wishes so he doesn't have to wait for me when I get home from work.

Ugh. I just really needed to get that off my chest.
  • Rachel0778
    Options
    @heath_guard Sorry to hear about the pushed back weekend. It is hard trying to juggle overtime on top of everything else! I've thought about doing punching bags, but since we're renting we don't have the space right now

@wishfuljune That is really stressful! I had a similar situation back after my SO graduated from school. The job market is rough and it does cause a lot of anxiety to be out of work. I wish you the best on keeping patient during this incredibly stressful time

@ngolden3320 You're not allowed to call yourself decrepit! You're way too young for that. And great NSV! Way to show that belt who's boss. Sounds like you need a shopping trip!

Happy Friday! This week has been stressful so I'm glad I get to leave from work early today. Nobody mentioned my mishap on Wednesday so it really was just all in my head (phew!). I never know when my anxiety is over real or imagined issues. Roller derby last night was a lot of fun! I'm by far the worst skater of the group but I am dedicated to getting better (and I'm great at safe falling which is a plus!)

• Rachel0778
    Options
    sv572igxnlz1.jpg

Harnessing my inner Barney today!
  • PhedraJD
    Options
    @ngolden3320 Agreed, Vacation was worth the few extra pounds. The smiles on my families face will be something I will never forget. Great job on the weight loss and the NSV.

@health_guard OT is nice, but it sure does wreck havoc on a lot of things. I am glad you are planning some me time.

@wishfuljune I completely understand. I went through that with my ex for years. He would never get a job or keep one. It frustrated the crap out of me. You want them to be happy, but you also need them to be the one to figure it out. Try asking him to do some projects around the house. He is probably feeling like a failure right about now, which is causing him to be unhappy and down on himself. I wish I could give you some great advice, but I have none.

@rachel0778 Off early! I am so envious. Safe falling on skates sounds like a handy skill to have. I am glad you are enjoying the roller derby. Before long you will be kicking butt.
  • ngolden3320
    Options
    @health_guard knee is feeling better. I wanted to get to the gym this week but Cassidy had volleyball game every day this week except for Tuesday and Tuesday I had a day from hell at work and had a massive headache. Tonight she cheers so can't go tonight either but will get there tomorrow and sunday. On the plus I think they are almost done with their volleyball season so the gym wont be an issue any longer. yeah I sure miss it. who would have thunk it. LOL

@Rachel0778 Roller Derby sounds like a blast. Happy falling. Nothing cool to do like that here in Ohio.

@wishfuljune good luck with the BF job hunting. that sucks but it will get better.

I'm thinking I will splurge and get a new belt and jeans.
  • Rich180k
    Rich180k Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I let myself slip back all the way to the bottom.. just dusted myself off and ready to climb back to the top.. everyone with me !
  • janetay01
    janetay01 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    @Rich180k - welcome - good to have you with us on this climb to the top.

Nicole - glad the knee is feeling better. Did you get to go shopping for jeans?

Rachel - well done for sticking with the skating - safe falling is definitely a good skill to have but I suspect you are much more capable than you give yourself credit for :)

@wishfuljune - that sounds like a really difficult situation. Agree with Jen about trying to encourage him to take on a project or something at home - I know how much my husband would struggle with a situation like that just through feeling totally inadequate - he needs to find something to achieve and feel good about - in my inexpert view!

So, a lovely busy weekend here - barely stopped the whole two days. Play date and swimming on Saturday, shopping on Sunday morning and then visiting my aunt and uncle and then some friends to drop off birthday presents to both - Alistair got far too excited and overtired and collapsed in an exhausted heap when we got home :smiley: And I've come to work for a rest!!

Really not doing well on the logging and discipline at the moment - hanging in there but not much more than that at the moment. I'm bored and demotivated at work and I'm dealing with it by snacking - must stop buying stuff then the temptation won't be there - need to give myself a good slap around the face! Hope Monday treats you all well.
  • PhedraJD
    Options
    @ngolden3320 Did you splurge? I sure hope so, you deserve a new pair of pants and a belt.

@rich180k You can do it, hop back on and keep staying strong.

@janetay01 I have that issue at work as well, I get bored and then all I want to do is eat. Maybe try getting up and walking a bit more.

My weekend was pretty good. I did laundry at the laundry mat on Friday, so that wasn't looming over my head all weekend. Saturday the BF had to work, so I mowed the lawn and got the house cleaned. Took him to dinner, then he bought us Fitbits. I am in love with my new toy. Sunday was a lazy day for the most part. After dinner though the BF and I went for a long walk it was great. This morning has sucked. Oh well, hopefully, it gets better.
    My baby turns 6 today. Makes me feel old.

Happy Canadian Thanksgiving Day! (Can I celebrate it even though I'm an American?) I love me some turkey.
  • Rachel0778
    Options
    @Rick108K I'm with you!

@ngolden3320 How are the new jeans treating you? :)

@jdelaroy Happy Birthday to your kiddo! Glad you're loving the new fitbit :)

@janetay01 I'm in the same boat as you and not quite sure where to find my motivation again

@gemwolf110 Sorry I'm terrible at checking in on the weekends! How was yours?

So this weekend I got together with a friend that I haven't seen in months! We ended up polishing off a BOX of wine on Saturday, which meant I was hurting pretty bad on Sunday and ate all the junky hungover food. I still feel like garbage today and even slept through my alarm. Talk about falling off the wagon completely! I think I'm going to go on a sober streak for awhile, I've been having way too much wine lately.
  • PhedraJD
    Options
    @Rachel0778 sounds like a fun weekend. Hopefully, you are fully recovered.

@gemwolf110 Apple picking sounds like a ton of fun. I have found a few places here, but you have to have appointments and pay a ton of money.. Just cheaper to buy the things. I love the salads.

I started a challenge with the bf yesterday. Everyday you have to drink 8 cups of water, 20 minutes of exercise, sleep 8 hours and one more activity. Yesterday's activity was to do 24 push ups! I can't do push ups. I tried so hard. I did more of a cobra, go back to push up form. Either way I tried, and laughed my butt off at myself. Clearly I need some arm muscles. Today is walk 30 minutes. I can do that!
  • wishfuljune
    Options
    Hello everyone! I hope you had a great weekend! Sounds like people were very busy.

The BF is doing a lot better now. He applied to a couple of jobs, and is okay with taking up a part-time job while he keeps applying for full-time opportunities. I think he's less stressed now about it, but we will see!