Replies

• Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    :smiley:
  • Katla49
    Options
    I've been thinking about Michele and DeeDee in NC because of the hurricane news on TV. I hope they're both okay. :heart:
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,531 Member
    Options
    KJLaMore wrote: »
    Good morning all! Got a good eight hours of sleep; but still waking up gunky. This cold is just moving from sinus to throat and back again! Grrr. Small problem, but irritating. Got some laundry done and my crock pot cleaned out from yesterday's food prep. (Hubby cleaned up last night and left it to soak)
    DJ-So glad you are okay and got through Matthew with minimal damage.
    Pip- Care to share what you listen to when you run? Always looking for new stuff to motivate me. I have had a few different playlists with different songs; but I always start out with Bittersweet Symphony by the Verve, followed by Lose Yourself by Eminem; mid list is a ever changing assortment usually including some Black Eyed Peas, Gwen Stefani/No Doubt, Ricky Martin/Marc Anthony; then second to last (to give me a push of energy) is always Viva la Vida by Coldplay. What gets/keeps you moving?
    Michele- you are our "work-out video" guru; have you ever worked out to any of the Beachbody videos? I have a niece who is a trainer for Beachbody and is suggesting some of their videos to me.
    With the daylight fading away, and no one willing to walk with me at 5 am, I will be moving my work outs indoors for the winter months. I was walking with my headlamp in the mornings, but there have been a few incidents recently of a man approaching women runners/walkers early in the morning. I think it better that I NOT be out walking/running on my own while it is dark.
    Cheri - I love the birthday coincidences! I think it makes it more special. I was born on my aunts birthday and oddly enough my daughter was born on her death day. Isn't that strange?
    Allie- you de-stress the same way I do. Hope you are feeling better today! <3
    Well, I better get out of this chair and get some stuff done. I have to get the lawn mowed. It has been a couple weeks. I also need to get my fall/Halloween deco up. Have a wonderful day! KJ (Kelly)

for me it's all about the beat.. i have to keep on the beat of the song if it doesn't have a good beat but i LOVE the song, then it's not on my running playlist

loose yourself by eminem is still on my playlist, that was one of the early ones. i put it on shuffle so they don't all come on the same order all the time. i love them all, i just started typing from the playlist

Back 2 good - matchbox 20
    Bailando (spanish version) -enrique iglesias (love this one)
    candyman - christina aguilera
    dangerous - big data
    don't let me get me - pink 9 (love this)
    Freedom! 90 - George Michael (love this)
    Front Row - Alanis Morissette (love this)
    Gasolina - Daddy Yankee (love this)
    HeadSsprung - LL Cool J
    Hootenanny - bubba sparxx (love this)
    Objection (Tango) - Shakira ((love this)
    One - Alanis Morissette
    One More Night - Maroon 5
    She Came in Through Backdoor Window - Coe Cocker
    Trip Switch - Nothing but Thieves (love this)
    View of the valley - bicycle (love this)
  • pipcd34
    Options
    kirby wants to take the day off from the gym. but i will take a small test drive w/the watch on riding the bike 2c how it tracks
  • pipcd34
    Options
    if the beat is faster, i go faster...
  • pipcd34
    Options
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,108 Member
    Options
    Stronglift Workout B
    Squat-1X5X55/65/75/85/95, 5X5X 100
    OHP- 1X5X 45/50/55/60, 5X5X 55
    DL- 1X5X 135

Kettlebell Swing
    Russian kettle bell swing-20 X 10 X 35

Three days until we leave on our vacation! During that time I will not be online very often. I will be gone for 11 days. I will try to read but probably not respond. I have been told I will have very little if any Wi-Fi while we are on the train. I would appreciate any prayers or good thoughts to the encounter with DH' S, DD. You'll remember that it is a very strange relationship. She hasn't talked to him for over a year and a half now. She just started communicating by text two months ago. We are going to visit his twin DGD' S. We hope to see them Saturday night and Sunday.

Have a great day everyone!

<3

Mary from Minnesota
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    B)
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    Becca, thank you so much for getting back in here so we won't be so worried. Yeah, you are just the cutest couple. Marriages like you two have don't come around to often.

Allie, praying for you. Hope you have the kind of conversation you want so much. But you have one stubborn man there who seems to control by lashing out because he probably has something out of control in his life and is not letting you in on what it is. He may not even know what it is yet.

Finally got Charlie's hospital bill from May when he had his colon removed. Oddly enough it is almost the exact amount of when he was in the hospital for 3 days with this big infected gall bladder and had it taken out. Both of them were pretty much the same amount of days. Now to get his bill from the 3 days when he had the drain in and also my cardiac cath and stent. Then we can know how much of our money is ours!

Joyce, Indiana
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    Allie - I hope you talk w/Tom will let you know where you stand in his 'mood'. We have a similar problem with DnL#1; neither of us have spoken to her in about 3 weeks. I'm tired of her comparing herself with DDnL#2. Notice I dropped the "D" (for dear). At this moment she is not my favorite person to be around. There is no reason for her to be 'jealous' of DDnL#2. First off, DDnL#2 has done nothing other than make DYS extremely happy and she is 'thin'. DnL#1 is easily 125lb overweight. She just doesn't seem to care to lose any, or much, weight. She thinks there has to be some magical pill she can take and wake up 'thin' within a week. She has put it one for 15 years and with discipline it will take her, easily 2 years, to take it off. She does not want to hear that

Becca - Good to see that you have, at least, checked in with us so that we can stop worrying about how you are doing. DH and I like taking our 'date nights'. Gives us a chance to talk about things that need attention. He could go until forever without being around DnL#1. IF our DYS and DDnL#2 cannot make it for Thanksgiving, for whatever reason; I might just 'cancel' this year. Or, at least, ask DOS what their plans are. For all I know they will go to her mother's to eat. I'll cook my ham the day before; and, if I don't have to cook a turkey, that'd be 'fine' with me. I just hate being left in limbo.

Mary from Minnesota - Have a great vacation. Good to know that DH's DD is finally able to make contact with him. It'd be a shame not to have a chance to visit with the twin granddaughters. We haven't seen DH's DGD since right after his Mom died; and, that has been 9 or 10 years ago. We just don't even discuss it at this point. But, the child is not getting to know her 'real' Papa, that is the same of it. He's not getting any younger. He'll be 75 in November.

Going out to finish repotting my horrible looking ferns. Not all of them; but, a few at a time. Got my asparagus fern repotted yesterday. I thought I had done all of them; then looked up and saw another really 'pitiful' one; it will go into a small pot. I'll have to get DH to get them down off the rack. Hoping that my two lipstick plants continue putting out new growth. The one that has the orange flowers is really pitiful looking; the one that has the 'lipstick' shaped flowers is, at least, putting out new growth. I'm not sure I want to try to repot it this year. Might totally die on me if I do. You'd think that it would put out root at each leaf; but, it apparently isn't going to do that. I tried rooting it and that just did not work for me. But, it might have been because I would forget about it. Maybe if I got some rooting powder, and stick it in a jar; it would do something that way. I love them; but, this one is my 3rd one. I have either put it 'in the sun' ... it doesn't tolerate the sun, ... at all; then put it in my porch and it got too hot; now it is out under our cedar tree and now it is putting out new growth. The place I bought it from said that would be what they would do to it to try to nurse it back to health. I've got a 'green thumb' when it comes to plants ... right now I have a burnt thumb because I grabbed the pan I'm cooking in with my left hand without having it on the pot holder. Even running cold water over it did not help with the stinging. I know not to put butter on it; but, I would like something to make it stop hurting.

Well, ladies ... now that "Matthew" is mostly 'out of the way'; I am hoping that you are able to get back into you homes and have no, or little, damage. The way it looked on TV we were surprised that we did not even get a sprinkle out of it. I have not heard from a friend of mine in a couple of weeks; not sure if they had to evacuate. I figure they probably only got some rain and wind; but, nothing serious.

Now to go check my food, this time without burning my fingers. :'(

Welcome to all the 'newbies'.

Chow!
    Lenora
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,692 Member
    Options
    evening ladies~
    well no talk with Tom today~ letting things just chill for now.. watching t.v. and had a cup of hot cocoa, made one for him also..
    rained all day here the sun is finally coming out, but we are so low on water it was needed..
    Gonna go to bed in a bit.. I know its early but it has been one heck of a weekend..
    Becca~ wonderful to hear from you.. so glad you and hubby are so in love... wish we were.. There is something going on and I can't figure out what it is..
  • Katla49
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Chris in MA: Congratulations on your loss! You are clearly doing something right. :smiley:

Mary: Good luck on your trip. Enjoy the grand babies. :flowerforyou:

Becca: It is good to hear from you. I'm glad your elk are back so that you can enjoy seeing them. :flowerforyou:

We're having a rainy day outside and are spending a quiet day at home. DH is currently snoring in the living room while I check in with you. I hope our friends in N. Carolina and any area impacted by the storm are doing okay.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon

“Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.” Thomas A. Edison
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,304 Member
    Options
    Becca ~ Thanks for checking in. I hate to admit it, but, last week I had exactly the same thoughts about "what does it matter if I'm thin if I'm happy." No matter how much I don't eat, my wine drinking interferes with losing weight and I love my wine. Hope none of you are too judgmental about this. I am a Christian and a true believer. This is something I have struggled with all my adult life. It runs on both sides of my family. I am by no way a falling down drunk but I do love my wine in the evening. I don't think I am morbidly obese but I sure am obese.

Carol
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,749 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Carol ... none of us has room to be judgmental about anything ... just sayin'
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,108 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    I think just like the rest of you about how hard it is to watch, limit the food we eat or what we drink. I love Mountain Dew. Then I look at the big picture of how being over weight affects health and longevity. I want to be here and in relatively good physical shape for as long as possible. That means for me mainly exercise and mostly healthy eating. I exercise so that I can eat. I love donuts and pizza. I eat them whenever I want but I know that I have to exercise in order to stay healthy for the future. It is very very hard work. I love my family and want to enjoy them for a very long time.

Find the balance that works for you. I have to work out to have the extra calories for the food I like to eat. I have found that weight lifting and kettle bell swing burns a lot of calories and takes very little time. Find some type of exercise that you can do that will allow you to live the life that you want.

<3

Mary from Minnesota
  • Marcelynh
    Marcelynh Posts: 974 Member
    Options
    :|