New products that caught your eyes recently?

Options

Replies

• hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Options
    Ohhh @hgycta I have seen good reviews about that new mix!! Also I love erythritol
    as a sweetener. I am picky about my sweeteners because there are some I just cant stand. (suclarose, etc) Hmm have you ever weighed the simply scrumptious? I've ordered from them before but never ate them consistently to see if I actually believed their counts. I believed them for these cakes though they were very light and airy.

Yeah the simply Scrumptous weigh about 1/2 times more than the label states, but I account for this and still seem to gain weight so I love them but try to limit it!
    Finally found the new Power Bar protein bars at Giant today! I never would have went to look if it hadn't been for the damn self checkout for spitting out a coupon. Those enablers. I bought the Clean Raspberry & Cookie Dough flavors.

I also found the Cookie Dough @hgycta but it was so nasty! I bought the regular Cookie Dough flavor & found it tasted primarily of cream cheese. The Just Cookie Dough from Target was so much better.

When I first read this I thought you were talking about Halo Top! Haha what bars are you talking about? Post a picture I must have forgotten o:
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    hgycta wrote: »
    Ohhh @hgycta I have seen good reviews about that new mix!! Also I love erythritol
    as a sweetener. I am picky about my sweeteners because there are some I just cant stand. (suclarose, etc) Hmm have you ever weighed the simply scrumptious? I've ordered from them before but never ate them consistently to see if I actually believed their counts. I believed them for these cakes though they were very light and airy.

Yeah the simply Scrumptous weigh about 1/2 times more than the label states, but I account for this and still seem to gain weight so I love them but try to limit it!
    Finally found the new Power Bar protein bars at Giant today! I never would have went to look if it hadn't been for the damn self checkout for spitting out a coupon. Those enablers. I bought the Clean Raspberry & Cookie Dough flavors.

I also found the Cookie Dough @hgycta but it was so nasty! I bought the regular Cookie Dough flavor & found it tasted primarily of cream cheese. The Just Cookie Dough from Target was so much better.

When I first read this I thought you were talking about Halo Top! Haha what bars are you talking about? Post a picture I must have forgotten o:

The cookie dough was the line of edible dips that the Impulsive buy posted a couple of weeks ago that Giant carried. Not worth the price or calories. Didn't care for the Power Bar Clean Cookie Dough flavor either. The bar had a Laffy Taffy texture and hardly any flavor.
  • neldabg
    neldabg Posts: 1,452 Member
    Options
    Trader Joe's Dark Chocolate Pumpkin Spice Salted Caramels. SO good. I bought them Friday evening, and I'm already half way through. I don't think they'll last the week. Haha!

5p2zl1xb4byo.jpg
    qs0abtkygz7d.jpg

• neldabg
    neldabg Posts: 1,452 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    pGNC1-24633463dt.jpg
    Finally tried these. I LOVED THEM! They really had the birthday cake flavor which I dont think the rob irvine one really has. And I hate the lemony flavor other bars have. @kellyjellybellyjelly I agree it had a more bday cake flavor. I actually preferred these bars because I don't really like the "middle" of the combat crunch bars. I liked the texture of these bars even though one bar wasn't really as satisfying as other bars that are chewier/more layers.

I agree! I can't believe some people cannot taste the lemon in the Combat Crunch and Fit Crunch bars. MuscleTech's NitroTech Birthday Cake is spot on. At first I was worried because it looked like Combat's Birthday Cake from the outside, but I was pleasantly surprised. Taste-wise, it rivals Oh Yeah! One's Birthday Cake, but yeah, it's definitely not very filling.
  • hgycta
    Options

The cookie dough was the line of edible dips that the Impulsive buy posted a couple of weeks ago that Giant carried. Not worth the price or calories. Didn't care for the Power Bar Clean Cookie Dough flavor either. The bar had a Laffy Taffy texture and hardly any flavor.

OOOOH!!!!! I can't believe it wasn't delicious, it looked like it had so much potential thank you so much for saving me that disappointment! What a shame about the Power Bar, too, I usually really enjoy their bars :/
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    neldabg wrote: »
    pGNC1-24633463dt.jpg
    Finally tried these. I LOVED THEM! They really had the birthday cake flavor which I dont think the rob irvine one really has. And I hate the lemony flavor other bars have. @kellyjellybellyjelly I agree it had a more bday cake flavor. I actually preferred these bars because I don't really like the "middle" of the combat crunch bars. I liked the texture of these bars even though one bar wasn't really as satisfying as other bars that are chewier/more layers.

I agree! I can't believe some people cannot taste the lemon in the Combat Crunch and Fit Crunch bars. MuscleTech's NitroTech Birthday Cake is spot on. At first I was worried because it looked like Combat's Birthday Cake from the outside, but I was pleasantly surprised. Taste-wise, it rivals Oh Yeah! One's Birthday Cake, but yeah, it's definitely not very filling.

I can notice the Lemon flavor in the Combat Crunch bars, but I love it! It's definitely not the Quest Lemon Pledge flavor of lemon at least or I would despise the bar. Another member compared it to Fruity Pebbles which is more accurate than Birthday Cake taste wise.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options

OOOOH!!!!! I can't believe it wasn't delicious, it looked like it had so much potential thank you so much for saving me that disappointment! What a shame about the Power Bar, too, I usually really enjoy their bars :/

For some reason I hate cream cheese in dips. If you like cream cheese you might enjoy it.

A lot of the bars seem to be trying to replicate the old Quest bars & failing miserably.

The worst being Fit Elite (no flavor whatsoever in at least the Cookie Dough), Pure Protein (minimal flavor in their newer protein bars), & the Mission bars.

I'm scared to try my Fit Joy Pumpkin bar now from your review.
  • hgycta
    Options

For some reason I hate cream cheese in dips. If you like cream cheese you might enjoy it.

A lot of the bars seem to be trying to replicate the old Quest bars & failing miserably.

The worst being Fit Elite (no flavor whatsoever in at least the Cookie Dough), Pure Protein (minimal flavor in their newer protein bars), & the Mission bars.

I'm scared to try my Fit Joy Pumpkin bar now from your review.

You never know, you may like it the bar did have a really soft texture it was just way too overpowering for me especially since I'm not a clove person. But the guy at GNC said he loved it!
  • bellaa_x0
    bellaa_x0 Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    I personally really enjoyed the Pumpkin Pie bar by Fit Joy
  • CrabNebula
    CrabNebula Posts: 1,119 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    conf-front-1-372x450.jpg

I found that on Amazon a few days ago and just used it this weekend. I am super impressed. I used it in cream cheese frosting for my pumpkin spice cake this weekend and I almost prefer it to frosting made from regular confectioner's sugar. This is a definite repeat buy for me.

I went to World Market this weekend and picked up all the *very necessary items*, lmao. One of them was a World Market brand chocolate and bacon bar. It was one of the absolute worst chocolate things I have ever eaten. It went straight into the trash. I also tried their strawberry champagne chocolate bar. While not as revolting as the bacon bar, I don't think I would bother buying this again.

WM had Torani syrups on sale, so I picked up 5 bottles, 2 of which I hadn't tried before.

tor-373128.jpg

This is delicious. I ate it on my pancakes. It tasted like eating gingerbread pancakes. 100% pure win. I'm definitely buying more of this.

In the clearance section, they had a small bottle of Torani's Tropical Asian Citrus. I had seen a grocery haul with this where the reviewer was raving about it, so OK, I'll give it a shot. It was like lemon floor cleaner. I'm not seeing the appeal and it is obvious somethings are in the clearance bin for good reason. Yick.

I bought some of these on a whim:

33b0d6b2ca2f84494154ca75423545cf.jpg

They were not very good. I couldn't figure out what they tasted like period, weird combo of confusing flavors fighting each other for dominance and all losing. These also went it the trash.

• hgycta
    Options
    dat99jbc9v5k.jpg

I was curious about the new Halo Top pints being carried at Wegmans since they're the only place that usually has them, and it turns out all of you are probably going to try it before I do haha they won't have them for quite some time </3
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    dat99jbc9v5k.jpg

I was curious about the new Halo Top pints being carried at Wegmans since they're the only place that usually has them, and it turns out all of you are probably going to try it before I do haha they won't have them for quite some time </3

Well doh.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    edited October 2016
    Options
    th?id=OIP.M81a89130b93d7e272f1d8270259ec254o0&pid=15.1&P=0&w=300&h=300

Found at the Grocery Outlet. Basically tastes like a non-cheesy Cheeto.
  • fallingwave
    fallingwave Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    yourad0rk wrote: »
    I've been on a bit of a protein hype the past few weeks and was really looking around for some good bars and found Quest Bars, I bought the 'Cookies and Cream' and 'Double Chocolate Chunk'. They're horrible, they taste like artificial sweetener and salt, and I can never stomach more than half a bar in one sitting, I've found that they're more palatable when cold, although that means they're harsh on your teeth. But despite all that, they're really good for you, and not a bad (even if horrid tasting) filling snack for on the go.

I'm interested in trying the Quest Protein chips though, and have bought some BBQ flavoured ones which I'm still waiting on in the post. Fingers crossed they taste better than the bars, and also better than 'Protein Bites' by Novo which carry a very strange taste regardless of flavour.

Those chips... shudders... I hope you like them more than I did! I do like the cinnamon bun quest bars and the coconut one... I think vanilla coconut?
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    I've been on a bit of a protein hype the past few weeks and was really looking around for some good bars and found Quest Bars, I bought the 'Cookies and Cream' and 'Double Chocolate Chunk'. They're horrible, they taste like artificial sweetener and salt, and I can never stomach more than half a bar in one sitting, I've found that they're more palatable when cold, although that means they're harsh on your teeth. But despite all that, they're really good for you, and not a bad (even if horrid tasting) filling snack for on the go.

I'm interested in trying the Quest Protein chips though, and have bought some BBQ flavoured ones which I'm still waiting on in the post. Fingers crossed they taste better than the bars, and also better than 'Protein Bites' by Novo which carry a very strange taste regardless of flavour.

Those chips... shudders... I hope you like them more than I did! I do like the cinnamon bun quest bars and the coconut one... I think vanilla coconut?

I like the chips, but I haven't tried the new formula.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    CrabNebula wrote: »

WM had Torani syrups on sale, so I picked up 5 bottles, 2 of which I hadn't tried before.

tor-373128.jpg

This is delicious. I ate it on my pancakes. It tasted like eating gingerbread pancakes. 100% pure win. I'm definitely buying more of this.

OMG I wish I had that store around me, I have never seen that flavor torani. I always use it in my coffee every morning and I bet that flavor would be incredible
  • cali08
    cali08 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I just recently heard about this stuff. A friend sent me a 3 day sample. It's a protein shake, pill, and a patch system. In just the 3 days I had it I lost 1 pound, had better mental clarity, more energy, slept better, and my cravings were down! I kind of want to try more of it. I looked it up and they have different patch formulas you can choose from, vitamins for men and women, and different shake flavors.
  • oldsoul918
    oldsoul918 Posts: 110 Member
    Options

I agree...I'd classify the "chips" as barely edible. :s
  • hgycta
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »

I like the chips, but I haven't tried the new formula.

The new formula is very similar to the old one in my opinion, slightly crunchier but if you gave me a bag and didn't tell me which one it was (as long as they weren't side to side) I'd never guess the difference
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    wsji0x2g0ixd.jpg

Tried the coconut ones. I love the coconut and sugary topping so good. A LOT denser than the cinnamon ones so it made me skeptical of the calories. I didn't weigh them though. Again I warmed one up and had one cold. I liked the cold one better again, it tastes better, more moist and dense. They had a nice coconut topping that gave a slight crunch and an airy coconut cakelike texture. Reminded me of angel food cake but with coconut. They were a little dry though, that is my only complaint. I liked the cinnamon better but would definitely buy again. 8/10