NON WW & WW NEWBIES, OUR NEW LIFE, THE START OF SOMETHING WONDERFUL

Options

Replies

• cbabie
    cbabie Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    Welcome @mysticlizard Sooo...happy to see you here. You know if you have lost the weight following your own plan and taking charge of your life you got this! I did most of my life try my own way and I fell and broke my knee about 20 some years ago and without the movement I put on the weight fast and couldn't get it off. I joined WW and got most of it off, then thought I can do this on my own and put half of it back on. So I joined again and made lifetime status. It is a constant watching my health and what I eat and you are right once we learn that is really LIFE and be at peace with it, we enjoy the ride.

I am so glad you stopped by and posted keep up your momentum and keep doing this one day at a time, you will make your goals!!

Cbabie
  • cbabie
    Options
    thoughts before winding down for the weekend and getting my thoughts and to do list for tomorrow.

I was at church today and Pastor used a scripture for a different point, but it struck me as this...eat when you are hungry.. I like these so I am posting..
    "You may say, I am allowed to do anything, but I reply, Not everything is good for you. And even though I am allowed to do anything, I must not become a slave to anything. You say Food is for the stomach and the stomach is for food."

How simple is that? LOL If I could only remember when I am going for the cookie or candy for comfort and emotions. :)

Cbabie
  • theslightedgeforever
    theslightedgeforever Posts: 2,230 Member
    Options
    Liz welcome to our group. Wow look at you losing 50 lbs That's awesome. I can almost hear thoughts in your head well I lost more but gained some back. That's your perfection talking. We all do it. I'm trying to learn to just celebrate my successes and learn from my failures. Lots of opportunities there. lol I'd like to lose 1 lb a week. That's my perfect goal. That would get me further down the road and is doable.

cbabie I don't think chocolate had been discovered yet. lol Chocolate is not my problem. Salty crunchy is my problem. So far 17 days without popcorn and Doritos. and a month now without diet coke. Weightwise it didn't help me abstaining from these. Im trying to think of my body and how it has helped me. I won't do this abstaining forever. Just wanted to see if I can make it through the month without my normal crunchies. Ive replaced it with crackers that I usually don't buy.

I've been lax on my exercise the last few days. Need to get going on that.
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,952 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I saw this discussion on my side column, and I thought I'd pop in to say hello. My name is Chris (I was trooworld1 on WW site), and until about a week ago, I was a WW. I switched to MFP to save money. I look forward to interacting with you all!
  • cbabie
    Options
    Morning gals: Welcome @trooworld, I look forward to interacting with you on this board! I just love this board that we can come for moral support, energy, just to cry if we have to, get great ideas and challenge each other.

I am getting ME back..I did my walk , made my lunch, going to get in the shower soon and be on my way. I have not had any sweets.YEA.

My goals today are to stay op/calories, watch my calcium intake, keep my exercises going, eat 3 cups veggies and 2 cups of fruit!! Read something for my improvement!

@theslightedgeforever glad to see you post today, you got the exercise I know you DO!!
    @gemwolf110 yes it's important to take care of our bodies!! I take any loss. LOL glad you at least made it to your walk and enjoyed good company.
    @bugmom92 where are you? Miss you.
    @dankas001 hope you have a great monday!
    @peruvianbeauty miss you
    @jjansen39 hope you are doing well today
    @shellyld2016 Enjoy your day!!!

I know I have missed some of you..I will catch up with you later!!!

cbabie
  • mysticlizard
    mysticlizard Posts: 896 Member
    Options
    Ladies, thank you for your kind welcome.
    @cbabie - That is a good scripture thank you for sharing it, I will try to keep that in mind as well. I often don't think before I put something in my mouth and that has been one of the hardest things for me to try to change.
    @theslightedgeforever - Yes I need to watch that perfection monster. Like you I need to learn from my failures, too bad I am so thick headed and stubborn sometimes lol. I am trying not to make too much of the scale, as long as I know that I am tracking and eating within my calories. I lost .6 pounds this last week. But I tracked everything so although I am disappointed it isn't more, I am pleased, every little bit it a victory.
    @gemwolf110 - I hope you feel better. Congratulations on your new fur baby. I hope you have many happy years together!

I got my hour of exercise in this morning. So my day is going in the right direction. I hope all you ladies have an awesome day.
  • bugmom92
    bugmom92 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the board, @mysticlizard and @trooworld .

So I guess I'm not a WW anymore. Because I had to change my cc#, they didn't run it again (bank issued new cards) and they booted me. So now I can sign up for $2 more a month. Well, since the last time it happened, I had to pay $3 more a month, I'm just fed up. I use this site for tracking anyway. The only things I'll miss is my great leader/meetings and weighing in on a proper working scale.

I had a bit of an attitude last week, mainly because of the WW thing, and just life in general, and didn't do so well. Today was to be the start of a great new week. Well, I ate just fine, but I'm totally sick and been in bed most of the day. Just got up for dinner (which was gluten free pumpkin pancakes, turkey bacon and eggs, cooked by hubby and daughter). Going back to bed soon. I've missed you guys, just wasn't behaving myself and didn't want to admit it!

I'm out of energy, but I'll check in tomorrow. In the meantime, I got a good meme to share. Until tomorrow,
    Karla :-)

ak43769zrmq0.png
  • dankas001
    dankas001 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    hi everyone got signed up for zumba class tuesday n thursday this week here goes for pink face again lol at leas its dark after class now can make it home incognito lol welcome all newbies group is very friendly hate ww new look no message boards community etc have a good day kate x
  • cbabie
    Options
    morning gals:

Well I BLEW it yesterday! I can't believe how much food I ate after 7. I had a really bad day once I got home and was starving and it just went down hill, I know where I went wrong and now I know, just eat it if your craving it..cause otherwise you EAT THE HOUSE.

So back to square one.

I did get my exercise and steps in, 11K +, just the food...:(

@dankas001 Good morning! enjoy your zumba class...It's October, strange faces out..you will fit in..so no worries. LOL
    @bugmom92 Sorry your having such a rough time with WW and being sick and all that goes with life. I hope you feel better and Karla, you can do this. You know how to help yourself, goodness you could probably teach the class... :) I know you always encourage me. I love the post!!! It is a new day..thanks goodness. yesterday was rough.
    @mysticlizard Morning...glad to see you back. I would take the loss and you are doing GREAT!! You got this. Keep one foot moving in the right direction and your body will follow!

Okay the rest of you newbies time to get back here!!!

Cbabie

Goals today
    walk 30 min
    read 15 min
    stay OP/calories

• dawnemjh
    dawnemjh Posts: 1,465 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Hi There! Wondering if I can join this thread?? I was (?am) and lifetime WW member but hadnt gone in to weigh in or anything in a few years. My weight flucuates alot, like as much as 10lbs on a weekly basis and it was too hard to maintain my status there. This past June I hurt my hip so I stopped all activity and I have put on about 10-15 extra unwanted pounds. I have been on MFP tracking for years, but that wasnt working so I went back to WW, but just online. I have done it thepast month and have actually gained weight (yikes). Not sure what is going on, maybe age (44) or lack of activity due to injury but would love some motivation and support.
  • peruviansweetie
    peruviansweetie Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    HELLOOOOOOOO!!!
    Ok I'm back AGAIN!! Sorry ladies. I've been a little down with this oral problem. I got a wisdom tooth pulled and a deep cleaning, so half of Mr face was numbed up. Dentist said they need to pull out two molars. I'm not looking forward to that ahhhggg!! But I'm going to postpone all of these teeth pulling and just do the other side for the deep cleaning. I'm trying to get back on track. Still getting used to this new school schedule lol.
    I see there are a lot of new people on this board. WELCOME ALL!!! Hope to get a chance to catch up on all the messages and get to know all of you a bit better.
  • peruviansweetie
    peruviansweetie Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Trying to break it down, so starting a new page lol.
    @cbabie : hope you're all better, but that's a great idea to eat something when you crave it because you will go overboard later lol. Sorry I haven't been around. Thank you for always thinking of me and are you calling me peruvianbeauty now??? Or is there another member by that name?
    @bugmom92 : Hiiii!! Hope you feel better also. I cancelled my WW subscription. I was only doing it online, but wasn't using it, so I just cancelled it. I'll stick to MFP. That breakfast your hubby and daughter made sounded so yummy!!!
    Thank you for posting those great words of encouragement.
    Waving hello to the rest of the ladies. I need to catch up on the posts to see what you ladies have been up to @dankas001 @theslightedgeforever @jjansen39 (@gemwolf110 did you change your name? Lol)

Have a great day ladies
  • mysticlizard
    mysticlizard Posts: 896 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I hope everyone's day is going well. I got in my hour of exercise this morning. I a made beef tagine with butternut squash for supper last night. We had it with rice. Hubby and I enjoyed it, our youngest daughter (16) said it would be good without the squash. It had a nice spicy flavor to it. I am not a big fan of winter squash but this was really tasty. The calorie count on the recipe was 283 and when I put it in the recipe builder here it came to 285 (sorry I don't know how to calculate WW points).

@bugmom92 - I like your quote. I hope you are feeling better.
    @dankas001 - Have a good time at zumba class tonight.
    @cbabie - Like bugmom's quote says, today is a new day. You got this.
    @dawnemjh - Hi!
    @peruviansweetie - Mouth pain is the worst, I feel for you. I hope you feel better.
    @gemwolf110 - I hope your fur baby is settling in.

I hope everyone has a wonderful day.
  • bugmom92
    bugmom92 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    @mysticlizard I'd never heard of Beef Tagine, so I looked it up. The recipe that came up was also with Butternut Squash. It sounds delicious...almost sounds like it has a Morocan flavor to it. I make a chili that everyone loves...with butternut...it gives it a bit of a sweet taste.

@dawnemjh welcome to the board! I don't know why, but I do better tracking on this site than I did tracking points, with the new smart points. I like the theory behind it, but tracking here lets me actually see my nutrient intake, which keeps me on track better.

@peruviansweetie unless you really really trust this dentist, I'd get a second opinion before having teeth yanked out. I got an upper molar pulled, it really ended up being a necessity, and it drives me crazy. I got a new crown on the right side of my mouth and had to chew on the left while I had the temporary, and it was really hard with my gap. I'm going to get an implant as soon as I can afford it. So, basically, if they can fix with a root canal and crown, it might be worth it in the long run to do that...having the gap makes it hard to chew, and if you get an implant later it's going to cost just as much. Having said that, if you have an awesome dentist that you trust, then go with his opinion, lol. I love my dentist...I've had much worse. He's had to "fix" a lot of the other dentists' mistakes and shoddy work.

Me, I'm still sick, trying to take it easy and get better. Everything hurts...the fibromyalgia seems to be much worse with this cold, plus laying in bed for so many hours makes it worse. I barely slept last night, everything hurt. Hopefully tonight will be a bit better. MFP is telling me I didn't eat enough yesterday or today, haha. I'm thinking that if I ate much of anything, and it was healthy stuff, then I'm doing fine. Probably won't die of malnutrition any time soon.

Until tomorrow,
    Karla :-)
  • theslightedgeforever
    Options
    gemwolf Hope you are feeling better. I 'm having a bit of asthma problems myself right now.

trooworld Welcome to the group

cbabie sounds like you are working your plan. How are you doimg on your calcium?

mysticlizard. All steps in the right direction are good no matter how small. That beef tagine recipe sounds good. I think I'm going to make that in a my crockpot tomorrow

karla sorry about your WW I know how much you love your meetings. Hope you feel better soon

danka Your skin will be glowing with all your hard work in Zumba. Think anti-aging

dawn Welcome to the group

peru ouch on your teeth. Its good to hear from you again

• theslightedgeforever
    Options
    f0vtept46ib4.jpg

1) Tell each other your biggest challenge that you faced today or yesterday

2) Give one reason why you are following your program.
  • jackie_van_d
    jackie_van_d Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I owned up to the fact I haven't been honest ... My status last night,
    I have been cheating on myself.. Not eating right and not logging everything or underestimating instead of weighing/measuring food
    So today I have started off on a much better/honest note
    Breakfast measured and logged, 25 minute walk at a good pace for me (my heart was pounding pretty good!

Hope you all have a great day !
  • cbabie
    Options
    Morning gals:

I am getting ME back.., made my lunch, saw where yesterday I ate too many bananas and it put me over on my goals. I did however, did not eat after church last night, even though my mind says oh you only had....it won't hurt...LOL I have to look at me and my journal and not always listen to my evil twin...

My goals today are to stay op/calories, watch my calcium intake, keep my exercises going, eat 3 cups veggies and 2 cups of fruit!! Read something for my improvement!

1) Tell each other your biggest challenge that you faced today or yesterday
    The biggest challenge was NOT TO EAT after church...
    2) Give one reason why you are following your program.
    Because I need to lose the 10 - 15 lbs I am not happy with and tracking is really the only thing that works for me.

@dawnemjh : Welcome! You are for sure welcome here. The more the merrier, we can all encourage each other as I am sure someone in this group has been where another newbie has been before. That's what I like about being here. There is no judgement, only laughter, encouragement, tricks, stories, recipes, we cover it all. :) Sounds like you and I have the same 10-15 lbs..we can help each other be accountable and get it off! :)

@theslightedgeforever Thanks for the challenge!!

@gemwolf110 hope your getting better.

@bugmom92 Sorry you're still sick.

@dankas001 Morning!

@peruviansweetie Morning! So glad to see you back!!! you know you can come more than a few times..LOL kidding you, I love when you tell me about your day with your kids and your life. You know you are normal and what you face encourages us..(and I don't have little one) unless you count my husband. :) sorry about the mouth issues.

@jjansen39 You know I struggle sometimes saying, eyeball this, this is about that much...oh my I forgot to track that candy bar I had it doesn't matter it was just (1) candy bar..you are right, we are only cheating ourselves. I still remember WW telling us to track every LTB, (lick, taste, bite) Great job on your tracking and walk...you got this.

@shellyld2016 How are you doing?

@mysticlizard the squash thing sounds good, I just don't buy it as I never seem to have time to cook it and I end up throwing it in the garbage and I HATE to throw food away. maybe a crock-pot recipe. Anyone have one?

I know I have missed some of you..I will catch up with you later!!!

cbabie
  • shellyld2016
    shellyld2016 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Doing great! Working a lot. I have been logging in and keeping up with my food diary everyday. It's open if anyone wants to peek.
    Always love seeing the encouraging things here.
    I am hoping I converted my aunt to this site. She really needs it for her health.
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,952 Member
    Options
    @cbabie thank you! It seems like a nice place to be. Congrats on getting YOU back, I feel like we are walking the same path...I'm trying to stay away from added sugar/sweets, I have started walking more...congrats on all of that! Great goals, too. I just saw another post by you, I'm sorry you had a bad day the other day. Great job on the exercise.

@bugmom92 @theslightedgeforever thank you for the welcome!

@dankas001 good for you for the zumba class, my face would be pink too! I still remember the first time I attempted running, I texted my hubby a photo of my face and it was red as heck, funny!

I have been doing relatively well the past few days, I've been under my calorie goals which is unusual for me, usually I lose control and end up over. I also hit my fitbit goal yesterday, which is also unusual. It's particularly good because I have plantar fasciitis right now, which makes it hard to walk. I did have a piece of kitkat yesterday at work but it could have been worse: someone brought a loaf of artisan bread with butter but I had none of that.

I dodged a bullet last night: we were both too tired to cook, so I almost ordered a pizza. But my lovely husband offered to make a cobb salad for us, so I said yes to that instead of yes to the pizza. Have a great day everyone!