No Alcohol November 2016 Challenge!

Options

Replies

• MonkeyMel21
    MonkeyMel21 Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    I was planning on doing this too - count me in!

The last time I took a full month of sobriety was 3 years ago.
    I won't be changing much else in my diet - keen to see just how much of an impact it's been having on my weight, mood and energy levels.

I don't remember the last time I took an entire month off of drinking but it's probably been since I was pregnant/breastfeeding 6 years ago, lol.

Welcome!!
  • MonkeyMel21
    Options
    jo_nz wrote: »
    I'm keen!
    I don't drink much at the moment but would like to see if I can do a month with none.

Welcome to the group!! I'm ready for the challenge!
  • MonkeyMel21
    Options
    Bumping for any other takers!!! It's the first of November, perfect timing ;)
  • sohosocialclub
    sohosocialclub Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I'm in!. Been drinking waaay too much. A month off would do me wonders.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Done it I'm T total

Not sure if drunk commenting, or......?

I'm gonna guess she meant to say teetotaler, aka tea totaler.
  • MonkeyMel21
    Options
    I'm in!. Been drinking waaay too much. A month off would do me wonders.

I'm hoping that for me as well!! Welcome!!!
  • MonkeyMel21
    Options
    @onsickmom

Welcome!! I did have several beers last night and way too much pizza. My tummy was not happy with me all night. But I'm ready now for this month, hopefully. I know it's going to be the hardest for me on the weekends. I'm home alone with my 7 year old every weekend while my husband works 14 hr shifts and I get very, very bored. I can only do so much cleaning. I've gotten in the habit of drinking a few beers or rum and cokes in the afternoons leading up to dinner, mainly just to pass the time. It's not bad accept that lately I've been doing that every weekend day. I also got in to the habit of having beer with dinner, enjoying the fizziness, but I've curbed that during the weekdays with sparkling water. Other than that I only ever drink water and coffee. Never soda by itself, I just don't like it. But yes, all this alcohol is just not good for me, mentally or physically and there is no time like the present to get it back under control!! I'm hoping we can all cheer each other on and by the end of the month have a greater perspective of the whole situation.
  • Gidgitgoescrazy
    Gidgitgoescrazy Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    Im in....... I've been wanting to do this, but there was always something going on... I have no pre-determinded plans for November, so this will work out well, I kinda quit smoking too about 2 month ago, I quit until " lets have some drinks" time rolls around, drinks and smoking seem to go hand and hand for me, so this is going to be a two fer for me............ No drinking, and no smoking...........
  • MonkeyMel21
    Options
    Im in....... I've been wanting to do this, but there was always something going on... I have no pre-determinded plans for November, so this will work out well, I kinda quit smoking too about 2 month ago, I quit until " lets have some drinks" time rolls around, drinks and smoking seem to go hand and hand for me, so this is going to be a two fer for me............ No drinking, and no smoking...........

That's great! I'm the same way with November. The only thing is my husband's bday in the middle and I'll just see at that time. Thankfully my husband's family are not drinkers at all, if we were going to be with my family for Thanksgiving it would be wine for e'rybody, lol.
  • 1soulfulrn
    1soulfulrn Posts: 3 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Ugh...I have a cruise this month! Sigh....okay, will hope for the best. This ought to be a good one LOL!
  • MonkeyMel21
    Options
    1soulfulrn wrote: »
    Ugh...I have a cruise this month! This ought to be a good one LOL!

I've been on a couple cruises and oddly I don't like to drink alcohol on them. I get a bit motion sick which isn't too bad but it makes me not want to have more than maybe one beer. The food on the other hand..... :o
  • Fitgirllife72
    Fitgirllife72 Posts: 500 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Loriebick wrote: »
    I WANT to do this, but I'm hemming because Thanksgiving dinner without a special bottle of wine to go with our turkey, well not sure I can do that ....... and the day after we will cut our tree and visit our favorite winery afterwards. Can I say no alcohol for the month except those two days?

This is exactly the predicament I am in. I want to do it but I know Thanksgiving day and the day after will be tough.

• MonkeyMel21
    Options
    Loriebick wrote: »
    I WANT to do this, but I'm hemming because Thanksgiving dinner without a special bottle of wine to go with our turkey, well not sure I can do that ....... and the day after we will cut our tree and visit our favorite winery afterwards. Can I say no alcohol for the month except those two days?

This is exactly the predicament I am in. I want to do it but I know Thanksgiving day and the day after will be tough.

No reason you can't commit to the rest of the month! Holidays are always the exception :smile:
  • blwelch1
    blwelch1 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I in as well. I have tried so many times and failed, but this time i am going to be intentional about it. I even told my family and friends not to call me to go out.
  • laurajane30
    laurajane30 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm a newby to the comments section here on MFP but I'm up for this challenge. I'm also challenging myself to 30 days of logging food and not adding wine calories will be very motivating. I will probably have some wine on TG.
  • MonkeyMel21
    Options
    blwelch1 wrote: »
    I in as well. I have tried so many times and failed, but this time i am going to be intentional about it. I even told my family and friends not to call me to go out.

Great to have you!! I've tried doing two weeks before and I make it a whole week or even 10 days then I'm like meh, at least I made it over a week, lol. I know I can do it though, I just need to set the expectation from the get go and do what I can to avoid temptation.
  • MonkeyMel21
    Options
    I'm a newby to the comments section here on MFP but I'm up for this challenge. I'm also challenging myself to 30 days of logging food and not adding wine calories will be very motivating. I will probably have some wine on TG.

Welcome! Yes, not logging alcohol calories is actually pretty awesome, lol.
  • kit_katty
    kit_katty Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    I'm in!
  • MonkeyMel21
    Options
    kit_katty wrote: »
    I'm in!

Awesome!