No Alcohol November 2016 Challenge!

Options

Replies

• MonkeyMel21
    MonkeyMel21 Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    I'm about to head home from work and I'm so tired that I'm not even worried about being tempted tonight, lol. I just want tacos and sleep. And maybe an episode of two of Mr. Selfridge if my husband agrees to taking over kid duty for the evening.
  • KayV85
    KayV85 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Yep I'm in. I decided a while ago that I will say NO to alcohol for November. Looking for like minded people.
  • gjz123
    gjz123 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I'm in! Good luck everyone!
  • Fitgirllife72
    Fitgirllife72 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Ok I'm in and I'm going to try super hard to resist alcohol even on thanksgiving lol! It's only 30 days! Day one down.
  • spikeygirl19
    spikeygirl19 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm in, luckily Thanksgiving isn't an issue cause I'm Canadian!
  • MonkeyMel21
    Options
    So happy to have everyone!!!! Day one down, how did everyone do? Easy for me since I was so tired, lol. Husband made me dinner and I went to bed early. Ready for the gym now, woot woot!
  • TnS2015
    TnS2015 Posts: 9 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Where do I sign? I drink ENTIRELY too much. I need a reason to quit (other than the obvious internal damage lol) and believe me, there WILL be some moaning and groaning on my end lmao.
  • MonkeyMel21
    Options
    TnS2015 wrote: »
    Where do I sign? I drink ENTIRELY too much. I need a reason to quit (other than the obvious internal damage lol) and believe me, there WILL be some moaning and groaning on my end lmao.

You just signed up! You can do it girl, I'm the same way. Keep up to date on here with your progress!
  • MonkeyMel21
    Options
    I'm also going to see if I lose any weight. I've been pretty good about maintaining without calorie counting but would still love it if I could lose a couple pounds. I just weighed myself, 141.6. I'll weigh again at the end of the month to see what just taking out alcohol without any other change does to my weight, if it does anything.
  • TnS2015
    Options
    I'm also going to see if I lose any weight. I've been pretty good about maintaining without calorie counting but would still love it if I could lose a couple pounds. I just weighed myself, 141.6. I'll weigh again at the end of the month to see what just taking out alcohol without any other change does to my weight, if it does anything.

I'm actually planning to quit smoking (cigarettes lol) on the 11th of this month along with the quitting drinking. Should be quite the challenge! And I'm pretty sure I'll gain some lbs
  • MonkeyMel21
    edited November 2016
    Options
    If anyone is unsure how to subscribe to this thread/discussion and keep up with us, I found this great how-to description on another thread, so I stole it for here, lol. Should have posted it in the OP but oh-well. I always just check my notifications because only threads that I personally star show up, not every single thread I comment on (I changed that in my setting long ago).

After posting, you can find your way back by checking your "COMMUNITY"
    tab, then on the "MY DISCUSSIONS" listing, and all the DISCUSSIONS you
    have posted to will show up. If you click on the STAR to the right of the
    DISCUSSIONS, that selects them as your favorites. Then you can click on
    the Titles of the DISCUSSIONS and doing that will return you to the most
    current posting on the DISCUSSIONS thread.

edit: I just looked in the My Discussions tab but it literally only has the discussions that I myself have created. So now I'm not sure if the above description actually works or if it's that way for me specifically due to my settings. Either way, if you are subscribed to this thread/discussion (the star in the top right corner will be yellow) then any time anyone comments on it it will send you a notification, which is on the top of your screen in the shape of a bell.
  • MonkeyMel21
    Options

I'm actually planning to quit smoking (cigarettes lol) on the 11th of this month along with the quitting drinking. Should be quite the challenge! And I'm pretty sure I'll gain some lbs

Oh gosh, that sounds hard. I was actually just thinking to myself, maybe I should buy a pack of cigarettes to help hold me over when the times get tough on the weekends, lmao. Despite my best efforts I've yet to actually get addicted to nicotine. But that's obviously a terrible way to handle this. I need to find a hobby, lol.
  • blwelch1
    blwelch1 Posts: 81 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Monkeyme... your outlook on life cracks me up.. (love it)
    1 day down 29 to go... kept myself busy last night reading everyone's post and reading my new book, New rules for lifting for women. So, that is my new diversion.
    Remember.. You can do hard things!!
  • MonkeyMel21
    Options
    blwelch1 wrote: »
    Monkeyme... your outlook on life cracks me up.. (love it)
    1 day down 29 to go... kept myself busy last night reading everyone's post and reading my new book, New rules for lifting for women. So, that is my new diversion.
    Remember.. You can do hard things!!

I started on a new book series this week! Already finished the first book, lol. It has nothing to do with lifting but it's definitely for women ;)
  • TnS2015
    Options

Oh gosh, that sounds hard. I was actually just thinking to myself, maybe I should buy a pack of cigarettes to help hold me over when the times get tough on the weekends, lmao. Despite my best efforts I've yet to actually get addicted to nicotine. But that's obviously a terrible way to handle this. I need to find a hobby, lol.

Me and you both. Lol. Crocheting maybe? Reading?
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,045 Member
    Options
    Keep it going, everyone.

Like I said, I stopped drinking in 2014 so this is an easy challenge for me, but early days are tough if you're used to using alcohol to socialize or to deal with feelings or to de-stress. You know, like alcoholics do.

For me, when I quit drinking I just really needed to. It was time. Even though I usually only drank a beer or two when I drank, it started to be every day - and on occasion it was six drinks. That's absolutely a problem.

I feel great! It's a lot easier to make good food choices without alcohol, too. Winner winner.
  • Gidgitgoescrazy
    Gidgitgoescrazy Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    Well I didn't have any drinks or cigs last night, although I did have 2 ressee cups, some twizzlers, and a hershey bar ( All minis, and I was still under calories, so its all good, but still ) .............. I've told the kids, that bowl of candy needs to be GONE when I get home from work today......... LOL :)
  • MonkeyMel21
    Options
    Well I didn't have any drinks or cigs last night, although I did have 2 ressee cups, some twizzlers, and a hershey bar ( All minis, and I was still under calories, so its all good, but still ) .............. I've told the kids, that bowl of candy needs to be GONE when I get home from work today......... LOL :)

DH made me a yummy quesadilla then I had a fun sized milky way and peanut butter m&m's for dessert! Just water with dinner!
  • husseycd
    husseycd Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    I'm in. I attempted the same challenge last year, got about a week in and decided it wasn't worth it. I don't have a problem making an exception for Thanksgiving or possibly even my husband's birthday celebration on Sunday. I really do enjoy the ritual of drinks in the evening, so we'll see how it goes!
  • MonkeyMel21
    Options
    husseycd wrote: »
    I'm in. I attempted the same challenge last year, got about a week in and decided it wasn't worth it. I don't have a problem making an exception for Thanksgiving or possibly even my husband's birthday celebration on Sunday. I really do enjoy the ritual of drinks in the evening, so we'll see how it goes!

I see these challenges come up and think it's a good idea but just like you, I never make it, lol. I am totally in this month though (which is easy to say on day 2, lol)!! We can do it!!