WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR NOVEMBER 2016

Options

Replies

• GloworminWA
    GloworminWA Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday to all the birthday girls! happy-birthday-fireworks.gif

Heather so happy for you and DH! home-smiley-emoticon.gif

RE - I wish you were close so I could give you a great big cute-hug.gif just because ~

Katla - welcome back to your own comfy bed! sleep-in-bed.gif

Barbie -kitten-says-hello-smiley-emoticon.gif

Sorry to the rest of you who I did not address personally - I have read everyone's posts. I got out of bed this morning and started throwing up so spent most of the day in bed. Had a big container of broth in the freezer from when I made the corned beef and also from when I boiled chicken thighs for some dish so heated it up, threw in some veggies, canned chicken breast and egg noodles. The boys said it was delicious and was just what I needed.

Off to bed so I can get in all those healing ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZs.

Gloria in WA

Here is a picture I love of the boys and our dog Lucy that we had to rehome when we moved - still miss her!
    imupymc3008h.jpg

• lhannon062709
    lhannon062709 Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    Morning, ladies...

Well, apparently today/tomorrow will be when we find out if the work my husband did on the roof painting on the elastomeric compound actually stops the leaks in the warehouse. Fingers crossed it worked... Looking at the radar, it appears the rain is generating right along I-10, (just above us) and moving north. The generation point will shift further south, and we're supposed to be in the middle of it as the day moves on. We'll see how it goes... The good thing about the concrete floors is that you can paint on them, so I marked the floors where all the leaks were during the last good rain before he painted the stuff on. Hope all that work wasn't for nothing!

Hope all had a nice evening... feeling a little low-key and non-energetic this morning, the post-press-day exhaustion is pretty normal in this job. Need to put in twelve hours between today and tomorrow to make up my 40, so pretty much a half day off each day.

Hope the rain holds off on Saturday morning. A lot of people here apparently believe they will melt if a drop of rain hits them, so it will definitely keep some people from coming to the sale. All that's left now is to put the signs out Friday night.

Back to my web explorations on farmsteading... fascinating subject, gathering my research into a blog, which will be homesteadiness.com. Not live yet, so don't search for it.

Hope it's a good day for all,
    Love y'all,
    Lisa in West Texas (soon to be rainy... )
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    Leslie Sansone 2 mile fat burner
    KB Swings 5x17x13

Off to physiio now will check in later

Kate UK
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    Okay ladies unleash the dog and cat pictures!

Happy for the cubbies cause they had a longer stretch waiting for this!

Gotta work on a better sleep routine , it is getting in the way of my improving health. First step no coffee after my morning cups (2) anyone gasping at this thought understands what a big step this is for me!

Re your posts crack me up, good to remember the beans and the cows aren't showing up. Just Keep feeling those ribs and collar bone, they are gonna remind you of where you're going, and wait till you can feel the hip bones when you are lying flat-oh that was a fun discovery for me! You are journeying to wonderland girl, better health, more energy! Follow that yellow brick road.

NYKAREN
  • trisH_7183
    trisH_7183 Posts: 1,486 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    RE..here is your gold star for eating at home & another for eating mindfully. You will be a skinny chick Soon.✨✨.

JUANITA,How did I miss your so important news? How wonderful for both of you. A job is such a part of life & to get a job is something to cheer about! Very happy for you both. Pat
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,756 Member
    Options
    morning Ladies~
    today is gonna be a busy day...have to get the house in order and try and rake up some leaves before his highness gets home..
    Homer did eat last night and seems ok thank goodness..
    going to do some raking,sweep and wash the floors. dust etc..I am meeting a friend at Tea Roses Tea room this afternoon. that is my fun time this week
    going to do another load of laundry this afternoon , the sheets etc... starting a Christmas List for the kids for Christmas...
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    PHOTOs ~ Love them all! Thanks to all of you who share your lives through pictures!

Gloria ~ Love all the cute emoticons.

Had way too much salty food yesterday and it showed up on the scale this AM. Made a delicious salad for lunch yesterday but accidently dumped a bunch of salt in it and then made a great meat and vegetable soup for dinner that had a lot of powdered beef broth seasoning. So, will try to drink a lot of water today and watch the salt.

Carol
  • KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    Good morning all! Happy Thursday!
    Heather-congrats on the house! How exciting! I am sure your current home will have a "new family" soon! I have heard that the smell of baked goods while the house is being shown, makes it sell faster...
    Juanita- I Love the Halloween pics! So fun to see families dressed up! And your little cupcake girl and Bam-bam are adorable!
    Janet- Did I miss the post about you going to Savannah? I LOVE that city! I have only been there once, but the history, architecture, environment and the people are just fantastic! Have a great time! When I went, I was with my girl scout troop and we did the very touristy trolley tour of historic Savannah. Lots of info in about an hour ride.
    Re- We ALL wish there was a magic pill or EASY button for weight loss and a healthy lifestyle! Don't be discouraged; you are doing SO well! You will make your goal! You will keep on, keeping on! B)
    Mary- Shep is so beautiful! I saw a photo of a little boy dressed as a police officer and he had his german shepherd puppy (very small still) on a leash with a K-9 unit vest on! Cutest thing ever! Reminded me of the pics you posted when Shep was very small!
    Love every one's cat pictures! Pets are so great for our psyches. I really wish I had one, but at the same time, I have enough on my plate with the continued potty training and small children issues... BUT, I am hoping, withing the next couple years as I cut down my hours, to build a fenced in dog run and get a dog. We will see.
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    <3

• cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,297 Member
    Options
    Just off to catch the train to London :D

Heather UK
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    2462033bnmcxusrek.png
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,073 Member
    Options
    Gloria great picture!

Charleen beautiful cats.

What a way to end the World Series. Great game to watch. Too bad their couldn't be two winners.
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,510 Member
    Options
    11/03/16
    Good morning, lovelies.

Adding another goal, Vit D 3 x day for the next 12 weeks. (Have been a baaad girl, Dr, gave me a gentle talking to.)

Did first all-but-legs strength building workout yesterday before H20 Fit. Why not legs? Wednesday is Line Dance class. Made it through both hours only wimping out on 3 dances. Was a little sore this morning (despite an ibuprofen before bed) but DH kindly rubbed my shoulder and now I feel GREAT!

Thanks, Katla, you started my day with a big belly laugh! You too fancy0626!

Likewise, Lenora, for telling that tech to try a "Johnson"ogram before commenting on how much smooshing doesn't hurt. Had 3 D last time and the tech was very savvy about how to get the views in the least painful way, BUT... I still maintain that if prostate screenings were done by ballsograms, then something more resembling the natural shape would have been invented loooong ago ;}

Barbie, hurrah! Walking through line dances already? You are AMAZING! Know it must have been hard to not-dance, congrats on your restraint as well ;)

Sherry Brava! Living smoke free is one of those hard-but-so-rewarding accomplishments. Well done!

Heather con VERY gratulations on the house! We moved into a rental while fixing up our house for sale, for us its the only way to stay both married and alive... ;}

Juanita great news for your DH, hope it becomes a job he lives!

Pat con VERY grats on the perfect BP!

Wow Liz! You must be a great friend to have such good ones ;)
    IremiaRe wrote: »
    I SO want to see the back-side of the 200’s asap! 28 pounds to go, darn it! *sighs* Did I mention patience is hard?
    Re in TX: That you want it so much is the power to make it happen. Frustration can generate determination. You've got this gal!

Time to break fast and prep lunchstuff. Always ravenous after Aqua Zumba, sometimes can NOT drive past the Jack in the Box ;(
    Then its off to build a leaf bin in the garden and fill it up!

Hugs,
    desismileys_4280.gifBarbara, the SW Idaho AHMOD who is happy to be here.
    Intentions:
    Smile then listen
    Today: Log like Mary MSH, every bite lick or sip whether over, under or sidewise. . . EVERY day ;}
    November: Weight room 3 days/week. Zumba, H20 Fit or Line Dance Class 4 times/week.
    Nov-Dec-Jan: Vitamin D 3 x day.

Log: 100%
    Cardio: G/S, B/H20/LD,
    Weights: 0, non-legs,
  • mujerita64
    mujerita64 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Happy Thursday everyone,
    I'm sitting here thinking how wonderful all you ladies are, how focused. You can actually take an entire month and set goals.
    Here is the de-le-o, I need to make shorter weekly goals. I will keep the monthly goal, it is a splendid idea.
    A month is a long time, so one week at a time it is for me.
    This week has its challenge, which does not happen often, every few months I guess. Four of us ladies get together and we play scrabble, which in itself is a safe, stimulating sport. No one gets hurt. Though very competitive. Now where it gets tricky is the fact that we all bring an appetizer, there will be goodies and of course, there will be plenty of bubbly flowing. That is the only way I have a chance of winning a game against these ladies! I hear some of you, "winning is not important," my feeling on this, and I know I need to work on it, really?
    I have altered my choice of what to bring several times. No puff pastry filled with cream cheese and crab, not making the chocolate brandy truffles. Not going to do it.
    I am making a healthy shrimp salsa, ie shrimp, lime, cilantro, garlic, onions & tomatoes. It needs chips, maybe there is a healthy alternative to tortilla chips. So my offering will be healthy and one other lady, who is mainly vegetarian, will probably bring something healthy. The other two, will no doubt have yummy, fattening stuff. The food at least will be in another room, we get our food, then come to the table. However, the bubbly is close at hand and I imagine that is loaded with calories.
    Maybe I should just have fun, but don't pig out and then Sunday, move forward again?
    Weekly goal: my new eating plan started on a Wed, so my week is Wed-Wed.
    Lost 2.8 lbs
    last week: gym 1 day, long vigorous walk with friend 1 day.
    water: I don't think I made it past 4 glasses this week, but now that I think about it, a glass probably holds about 1 1/2 cups of water.
    I feel I ate healthy foods.
    This week:
    eat good, healthy foods
    exercise 3 times a week at the gym
    drink my water!!!
    fill out my food diary every day, remember to hit complete.
    focus on positive, don't beat myself up for any slips I may make, move on

• suebdew
    suebdew Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    Wow, it is raining!!! No golf for me today. Going to Dgd's birthday dinner tonite and staying for DGS's play on Saturday. Lost 1.6 at weigh in yesterday. It really surprises me when I lose each week.
    Penny's - I remember thinking how fat I was when I had just delivered my second child. Think I weighed 135. But I have decided to stay positive and take it one day at a time.
    Mary - Happy Birthday, yesterday. Hope it was a good one.
    Karen- love your attitude and believe that looking forward is the only way to get where you want to be.
    Leona- 7 lbs from goal, you can do this. Good for you!!