No Alcohol November 2016 Challenge!

Options

Replies

• Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    blwelch1 wrote: »
    ..onsickmom, and queenmunchy..... How do you get past the triggers? seems like i have all sorts of things that cause me to want to have a drink.

@blwelch1 I just saw this. I decided that for now I'm skipping socializing if I don't want to. I'm spending time doing things that I haven't done for a long time - getting coffee, painting my nails, shopping, etc. Just random things that always made me happy in the past.

I always want to have a drink, but now I'm finally getting over it. I'm exercising a lot more too, so that's helping with the anxiety.
  • MonkeyMel21
    MonkeyMel21 Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    Day 8!! I refrained last night, had tea with dinner then went to DS's cub scout meeting. Sometimes a room full of first grade boys makes me want to have a beer first but I held off, lol. Last night actually went well and we learned that my son and a few other scouts from his school will get to participate in the school's morning flag ceremony in a couple weeks! Can't wait!
  • husseycd
    husseycd Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    Got through last night too! Even after picking up wine for hubs' bday celebration this weekend where I picked up one of my favorite Pinot Noirs and just put it on the wine rack. Instead of No Alcohol November, hubs has decided it's, "Not too many November", lol. But it wasn't a big deal.

• blwelch1
    blwelch1 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Same here.. I usually can get through the week, it's the weekends that get me in trouble... I do like the "Not too many November though.. ;)
  • MonkeyMel21
    Options
    Got through another night! Feeling great!
  • KayV85
    KayV85 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I gave into temptation on the weekend, I feel I will this weekend as well. My head is not in the right space right now. I wish you all the best of luck. I'm going to try again in January.
  • husseycd
    husseycd Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    I decided last night needed to be a wine night. Tonight might too. With KayV85. My head isn't in the right place. Not too many November might just be my mantra too.
  • MonkeyMel21
    Options
    Aww, sad to lose you two. That is always what has happened to me in the past, and I know a lot of others. I wish you all luck for the future though, whatever you decide to do :)
  • bethanyka
    bethanyka Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Just saw this, I started on Nov 1 also, I'm on day 9 with you all.

The last couple years, the booze has affected my weight, sleep and mood to the point that I'm letting it go. Each monthly is a step forward, and November will be 100%
    I feel so light and clear and hope to stay on track! But, I totally understand those that feel that this is not exactly the right time. I've been there, too. Stay positive !

Let's keep up the good work :smiley:
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    Day 30! I'm feeling great :)
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,058 Member
    Options
    Still sober here.

I know this isn't a "real" sobriety thread, but I just want to say that no alcohol is the way to go - for every reason there is. Sanity, health, productivity, connection to others, weight loss.

I don't miss it. I did in early days. I no longer do.
  • blwelch1
    Options
    Where is everyone from?
  • MonkeyMel21
    Options
    I'm in Oklahoma right now but from Colorado and planning on moving back next year!!!
  • bethanyka
    bethanyka Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    From Chicago, living in Buffalo NY right now.
  • blwelch1
    Options
    Never been to New York or Oklahoma.. Colorado is beautiful. Wouldn't mind living there, but I am here Cincinnati.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,058 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    *edit* oops.
  • MonkeyMel21
    Options
    Oklahoma's not so bad looking in the spring time, between tornados, lol. Very lush!
  • rachelr1116
    rachelr1116 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    I'm in Kansas.

I lived in Wyoming when I was younger and would love to move to someplace with mountains but my husband is resistant to change and I have an aging mother so I'll have to stay put for now.
  • MonkeyMel21
    Options
    I'm in Kansas.

I lived in Wyoming when I was younger and would love to move to someplace with mountains but my husband is resistant to change and I have an aging mother so I'll have to stay put for now.

My husband is originally from Oklahoma and isn't as excited to move back to Colorado as I am. But all my family is there and marijuana is legal (that's what got him to accept it with open arms, lmao)! Not sure how we're going to afford a house though. Everything we've seen on our trips back are about double the price of our home here.
  • vnb_208
    vnb_208 Posts: 1,359 Member
    Options
    Saturday is my 26th birthday so looks like count me out i will be having some wine/champagne to celebrate my birthday !