• tojo_73
    tojo_73 Posts: 213 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    AOS Providence Done - still have a cold :'(
  • ItsMeGee3
    ItsMeGee3 Posts: 13,255 Member
    Options
    Cold here too! Wimpy strength training session today and a short run but, something is better than nothing.
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    Options
    narak_lol wrote: »
    Will keep things light for a few more days as I got another long one (230km/143miles) on Saturday, if I can finish it will be my longest distance, will see :#

Wow, 143 miles is a BIG ride. How long do you expect to be in the saddle, 8-9 hours?
  • narak_lol
    narak_lol Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    Djproulx wrote: »
    Wow, 143 miles is a BIG ride. How long do you expect to be in the saddle, 8-9 hours?

You are spot on! We did a 124 miles last year (this is our annual Club fun ride) and the avg speed at end was 16-17 mph, I expect similar this year :#

• narak_lol
    Options
    Oh I forgot to say I took the bike out for a leisurely 60 mins ride today!
  • gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
    "P90X2 X2 Recovery + Mobility"=Done!
  • Djproulx
    Options

You are spot on! We did a 124 miles last year (this is our annual Club fun ride) and the avg speed at end was 16-17 mph, I expect similar this year :#
    That's a very strong moving average for a ride of that distance. How much elevation change? Very hilly? If so, then the numbers are EVEN MORE impressive! Remember to apply plenty of Chamois Butter!!! :)
  • Djproulx
    Options
    Tempo run last night. 1mile wu, then 4 mile tempo run at zone 4 HR (8:23pace). At the finish, I was ready to congratulate myself on a good effort, but then my coach said she thought the run should have been longer based on my comfort level. :(

Note to Self: Work on pain filled facial expressions before next week's speed session. :)

Strength work with trainer this am, easy run tonight.

Have fun, Cool ones.
  • gojaqs
    gojaqs Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Full body workout class this morning. It turns out, when I track it on my new Apple Watch, it comes out the same as when I was estimating it.

• MJFSH
    MJFSH Posts: 7,252 Member
    Options
    Good Afternoon cool kids!!!!

Strength: Shortcut to Size: Shoulders, Traps, Calves

Cardio: none

Assessment: working on my protein intake, stressed, so basically not meeting any of my macros, on the plus side, my BF has dropped to 18%, lowest it has been in my lifetime!
  • b3achy
    b3achy Posts: 2,068 Member
    Options
    Hey there Cool Kids! Got a relatively gentle but long paddle in today - 2 hours; 5.35 miles. Saw a dolphin, 3 sharks, 15 blue crabs (normally only see one or two), rays, various fish, pelicans, herons, and a variety of other birds. It was pretty smooth conditions and a light 6-7 mph wind. And cool/low humidity and sunny...felt like I was paddling in the evening rather than mid-day. It was glorious! :smiley:

Have a 3 mile race on Saturday, so tomorrow is going to be spent in the car driving down to the location or pigging out on their Shrimp Boil and Beer party tomorrow night. Sunday is going to be a "Pilgrim paddle" to a sand bar for a Sunday Brunch consisting of Thanksgiving Dinner. Going to be a great weekend! Hope yours is as well! :sunglasses:
  • narak_lol
    Options
    That's a very strong moving average for a ride of that distance. How much elevation change? Very hilly? If so, then the numbers are EVEN MORE impressive! Remember to apply plenty of Chamois Butter!!! :)

Thanks for reminding about the chamois butter! I did forget about it once and had to go home to get it (though I had to ride 7 miles back, the day was going to be long so I had to have it lol)

I didn't check the profile this year (too lazy :# ) - the guys normally keep the route quite humane for this annual ride, hoping for the same this time haha

The ride last Sunday was not humane at all 188km with 2068m elevation (117 miles 6785 feet) luckily I managed to finish in 8hr25min (avg ~14 mph). The part I struggled the most was the rolling in the last 25 miles, energy and spirit zapping - the 3 climbs before were "easy" comparatively speaking ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

8w4c4bwl8ksj.jpg

I hope you have an awesome weekend whatever your plan is!

• gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
    "P90X2 P.A.P. Lower"=Done!
  • Djproulx
    Options
    The ride last Sunday was not humane at all 188km with 2068m elevation (117 miles 6785 feet) luckily I managed to finish in 8hr25min (avg ~14 mph). The part I struggled the most was the rolling in the last 25 miles, energy and spirit zapping - the 3 climbs before were "easy" comparatively speaking ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

That is an intimidating route. Those constant climbs late in a ride will wear anyone down!
  • tab1221
    tab1221 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

I am 46 and want to lose 50 pounds, but my main goal is to improve my dysfunctional relationship with food (carbs are bad, binge eating, one diet this week..a different diet the next). I am over it all and I realize that it is in no way helping me to reach my goals.

I also need to get off my *kitten* and exercise.

Have a great day!
  • tojo_73
    tojo_73 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    7/8s of AOS Newport done. My cold has developed a nice cough over the last 2 days :'( .

Hope everyone has a good Remembrance Day. To everyone in the services - Thank you
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    Workout on Wednesday and a good 3.5 mile walk yesterday. Attended the Remembrance Day services today. It's difficult not to get emotional at those services.