Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• RachaelPooh
    RachaelPooh Posts: 5,864 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    My fun plans ... drinking white sangria tonight and going to the winery tomorrow for more ... for Turkey Day in two weeks! I don't drink every day. I'm not a wino.
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    @rach-- Yum--I love white sangria!! I can't drink the red b/c red wines can trigger my migraines.

@erin-- things are good with me. Not really much has changed--still teaching English Lit. :) My fun plans included lunch with a friend (retired teacher) today, and then tomorrow night I will meet some friends to see a band and go dancing.

@birgit-- Thanks for the reminder!! I did eat one tootsie roll today, but that was it, I swear!! :)

@pneschich --I like birgit's recommendation of Planet Fitness--I've also heard good things about that chain. We don't have one near my house, so I go to SNAP which I really, really like for the 24/7 access. Occasionally there are some annoying people there, but it's rare. Another option you might look into is if your local park district has a fitness center. I used to go to ours, and it was pretty nice and reasonably priced. The only reason I switched was they closed too early for me on the weekends.

AFM--Tomorrow, I have a play date with my 4 y/o niece. We are going to lunch at her favorite place and then to the park to play. Should be some good exercise between the park and walk back and forth from her house.

Tuesday Goals:
    1. Clean the fish tank.
    2. Drop off bag at good will.

Grading Goals:
    1. x/1 letters of recommendation
    2. 7/40 Blake journals

You vs Year Challenge:
    282 k done/ 718 k to go

Exercise Goals:
    Sun-- walk gunner DONE + gym DONE
    Mon-- walk gunner DONE
    Tues-- rest day
    Wed-- rest day (parent/teacher conferences)
    Thurs-- walk gunner DONE + rake leaves DONE
    Fri-- walk gunner DONE + gym or run outside NOT DONE, but did arm workout
    Sat-- walk gunner + take niece to the park
  • ereilly311
    ereilly311 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    My fun plans ... drinking white sangria tonight and going to the winery tomorrow for more ... for Turkey Day in two weeks! I don't drink every day. I'm not a wino.

@MermaidPrincessRach That sounds amazing to me! I had a beer tonight myself. I had a Sam Adams Maple Ale that I have been waiting to try out. Now I feel like sleeping after one drink... :|
  • ereilly311
    Options
    @skinnyjeanzbound how's English Lit? One of my best friends from work is an English teacher. I am still a special ed para, this year I am working with the Young Adult Program (students with down syndrome and Autism).

AFM, my plans for this weekend... well I went for a bike ride today at a lake nearby, tomorrow I have my flag football playoffs and then the food/craft fair at my church. Sunday is all for relaxing, laundry and watching football!
  • campfirequeen1
    campfirequeen1 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Weekend plans- One more day of working, three massages today. I'm still tired from the six and half hours I did yesterday. LOL Not really but this old body of mine still feels it! Tonight I may drive back to Nashville or I may wait and go early tomorrow. Christmas Village is there this weekend and I love to go because it's a bazillion venders with every conceivable Christmas item or present all in one place. It's miles of walking (that's the good for me part) and the bad part for me, tasting, so I may decide not to go for that reason. How can you pass up everything cherry from Cherry Republic, especially dark Chocolate covered cherries? Uh yeah, that's what I mean, I can't, so I better just mark that off my list of things to do! OK so it's church and REST! Hope everyone has a fun filled and successful day! Holly One More Day
  • RachaelPooh
    edited November 2016
    Options
    HOLIDAYS COUNTDOWN
    Thanksgiving: 12 days
    Christmas: 43 days
    New Year: 50 days

Good morning Robins!
    I am loving these mornings in the 50s ... FINALLY (in central Florida)!
    My home scale said I weighed 299.8 but am not claiming it. It is not right. I will just wait and see what the new scale I ordered from Amazon yesterday says when it arrives after Turkey Day.
    Speaking of which, mine has now been pushed to Friday (Black Friday!) Afternoon! OMG all this family drama and still 7 weeks till xmas! But like they say, "it's not christmas until somebody cries" :lol: usually it is me!
    I am off to the winery! BBL
    ~ Rach ><>
  • pneschich
    pneschich Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Happy weekend! I spent the day outside working on fences again. Mine this time. Feels good 45 pounds lighter. I love outside time! Simple labor and power tools, a hammer and some nails. Dog followed me all day. Had my 10,000 steps by 3. Now I have foot pain but it was a beautiful Texas fall day, about 80
  • pneschich
    pneschich Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Only a third of my post appeared ? Strange.
    I didn't hear from the Obesity Clinic yet, will call Monday if they don't. I have felt like I needed to have a "serious" talk with my wife about the surgery. I know she supports my decision, but I wasn't convinced she was all in, you know what I mean? I somberly told her I thought we needed to talk more about it. She looked at me like I was kind of crazy, cocked her head like the dog does and said: you're going to lose weight, get healthier, be here longer, stop taking some or all of your pills and have more energy? I meekly said yes. She said what's the downside? Serious convo- Done! I love that redhead.
  • trinati2001
    trinati2001 Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I just passed a huge milestone on the scale!!! I am now out of the two hundreds!!!! Yesterday I was exactly at 200.0 and then we went into the city (San Francisco) for an unexpected day trip with our two little girls. It was two meals eating out but I looked at the calories on the menu (by the way I love that Resturant's are required to do that now) and drank lots of water. I lost another pound today and now I'm at 199.0!!!!

I've now just earned my reward of new work pants.. and I'm on my way to my end of the year goal to be below 200 and stay below through the holidays.

Halloween was actually a good thing for me this year. I've been stuck in a rut for the past couple months. Once I got down to 205 I could seem to get below 200. All pure self sabotage!! Then after Halloween with all of the girls Halloween candy in the house I started to eat a lot of it. I was down to about 201 on Halloween day and jumped up to 205 within two days. That gave me the kick in the pants I needed and I got real serious this week as well as adding a whole bunch of water to my daily routine. It's worked out really well I've now lost over 5 pounds within a week!!

Starting weight: 238.4
    Starting date: 5-18-16
    Current weight: 199.0
  • KATRENAJ
    KATRENAJ Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Started the eight week blood sugar diet Monday. As of today have lost 12 lbs Relatively easy to stick to (haven't been perfect every day though) and I've only gotten hungry a time or two. Supposed to balance blood sugar in 8 weeks. Feel better also. First time I have gone below 210 in three years

Trinatti 2001 Congratulations
  • Nikion901
    Nikion901 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    Sunday Share ... good to see some names I recognize from prior times posting on here and really good to read your news. My weekend hasn't gone as I'd hoped it would ... but then, I didn't back up my plans with the actual action that was needed to get the hopes realized. It's another case of me procrastinating to do what needs to be done while I focus on something that caught my attention instead. Tomorrow morning I'm scheduled for the first of two cataract eye surgeries. My sis is going to drive over to taxi me there and back. I think I've been more stressed out over having this surgery than I like to admit. When I expressed a desire to delay doing it I got a kind of severe reprimand about being hesitant over something 'so simple' ... but it's not simple to me and I have to admit I'm fearful. Hopefully everything will go well will the sedation, procedure, and healing. It will be nice to see more clearly again ... maybe I'll even see the cobwebs! :)
  • RachaelPooh
    Options
    If it helps, my mother just had cataract surgery last month. She said she barely felt it, even without anethesia (she's allergic), after the first of her two eyes were done she could see the difference: the eye still with a cataract, everything looked yellow, but the corrected eye, things looked white. I hope you have as much success with your's as she did. Good Luck! <3
  • Elizabeth2360
    Elizabeth2360 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone,

Sorry I haven't been around got busy! That Bazaar I was helping at came and left did pretty good, sold a lot of fudge ! I am Glad it is over.

Scale says I loss 4lbs so yay there.

Spent the day relaxing pretty lazy day.

Tomorrow taking my daughter to the dentist. Than errands . Still off work another 3 weeks.
    Trying to make sure my days are productive.

Liz
    Idaho
  • 320sycamore
    320sycamore Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Monday check in: I'm pleased as punch to be down 27 pounds in 11 weeks. I'm 7 weeks ahead of my original projections (which I set at 1 1/2 pounds per week), which means I could reach my next mini-goal (10% body weight loss) on November 28th. Of course, that is the Monday after Thanksgiving, so I'm hoping but not hopeful that I will continue unimpeded during the first of the "the holidays". My husband and I will be spending a week in Florida visiting my mother starting this Saturday, so I'll have less control of my food intake than when at home. On the bright side, we're renting an apartment in her building for the week with a full kitchen, so I can continue to stock up on the items that have kept me on track at home.

So, despite the national angst and unrest, I'm feeling pretty good in my own little bubble and will continue to hope that Americans will pull together to help one another just like we are doing on MFP. To quote Maya Angelou, "Hate, it has caused a lot of problems in the world, but has not solved one yet."
  • 01thingirl83
    01thingirl83 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi, all. I hope it is ok to join this group - I'm just getting started and your threads looked friendly.
    Monday check in: Let's do this :sweat_smile:
  • Heathermetoo
    Heathermetoo Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I successfully navigated a long weekend in Vegas and still lost 1.4lbs at weigh-in today!! Moderately ate delicious food and I walked until I thought my feet would fall off! It was a blast.

@trinati2001 You have made it to Onderland!! Congratulations!

@320sycamore How inspiring to see how far ahead of schedule you are. Keep going! And I'm with you. Let everyone else deal with angst and negativity- I'm just going to drink my tea and pray for the best for this country and then keep it moving. :p
  • campfirequeen1
    campfirequeen1 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Monday Check-in: UGH! It was diuretic day and I needed it badly, and normally I don't weigh-in until I've gotten rid of all the fluid, but this morning I waited as long as I could before weighing, but I hadn't lost of the fluid, so I was up five pounds. I know that it's not all fluid, but I think it does tell me that I'm up maybe two or three pounds and it's time to get more serious, because in just five days I will be on my way to spend Thanksgiving with my son and his family. That will mean foods that I don't normally eat and winery trips. I have to get busy and lose those 5 pounds and start working on my game plan for the holiday feeding frenzy!

@trinati2001 Congrats on reaching onederland! It's a wonderful accomplishment!
    @01thingirl83 Welcome!
    @KATRENAJ So happy for your great results!
    @Heathermetoo I'm standing on my chair applauding what you did in Vegas! That is amazing with all the fabulous restaurants in Vegas!
    @320sycamore You are killing it girl...so proud of you!
    @Nikion901 I'm sending hugs and prayers. I'm losing my sight to cataracts, but can't get the surgery because of a hereditary eye disease that I have that could cause me to go completely blind, so I understand your fear and did-ease.
    @pneschich That supportive wife is a treasure that I'm so happy to see you
    @Elizabeth2360 That's great progress!!! Relax and enjoy your time off!
  • Nikion901
    Nikion901 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    Monday Check-in ... Uippie-Yie-Yeah-Yie-Yo ... my weight has finally started to move in the downward trend again. Now if I can continue that trend ... it feels like my body has gotten used to the cooling temperatures and isn't driving me to pack myself as much.

Well, the cataract surgery was a breeze, the service providers excellent, and I was happily loopy from the anesthetic. The thing the impressed me the most were the colors and patterns I saw as the surgery was taking place. They had me mesmerized! There's a bit of grainy discomfiture so I'm keeping that eye closed so far today. And am looking forward to the next round of eye drops. My sis and I went out to have breakfast/lunch afterwards and did it at the foot mart of a big grocery story on our way 'home' ... then we took a fast trip around the store to pick up odds and ends we each needed. Tomorrow I go for a checkup and to see if my ophthalmologist thinks the other cataract is 'ripe' now or if I can put it off until sometime next year.

@campfirequeen1 that's too bad about your eye condition. I have something similar but thus far I haven't developed any blind spots yet. My grandma lost her vision to it when she was younger than I am now, it skipped my mom's generation, then it got me and one of my nephews.
    @Heathermetoo Walking is a great way to burn up calories and walking around in Vegas is a fun place to do it.
    @01thingirl83 Yep, we welcome anyone who has a significant amount of weight to lose and people sometimes stay on this thread for several years. Welcome
    @320sycamore That's the way to DO IT .... no messin around like I've been doing ... congratulations on your commitment and weight loss.
    @Elizabeth2360 congratulations of 4 pounds down. Is that since your recent surgery?
    @KATRENAJ what is that blood sugar diet? Hope it works for you.
    @trinati2001 you have done very well thus far! Congratulations on the break into the ones's
    @pneschich hope you get the news and results you are hoping for.
    @ereilly311 and @skinnyjeanzbound good to read your posts!

As for myself ... I'm making a long post longer by sharing my plans for this week and then the computer is being unplugged. I want to switch the function of this room (where the computer currently is) and my bedroom but to do that there is a lot of packing of each room to do and thus I will be shuffling around with that. I can't lift anything heavier than 10 pounds while the eye heals, and I won't ... I just need to make changes in my surroundings to make them more conducive to supporting my efforts towards meeting my health goals. So ... until then, "I'll see ya when I see you" after the computer gets put together again.
    Niki

PS - If I'm not back before Thanksgiving ... have a well and healthy holiday all my compatriots her in the USA.
  • ereilly311
    Options
    @trinati2001 Congratulations on meeting that goal! Keep it going!

@Nikion901 I hope your surgery went well! Don't stress about procrastinating, I think we all do it as humans, we just need to make sure we stay aware of it.

• ereilly311
    Options
    Monday Check-In: Today was kinda a crazy day for me. I did NOT want to wake up for work this morning, I was way too comfy in bed. I must have known something was up, because the kids at school were pretty off today. One of my students who is ALWAYS happy, was crying off and on all day (I work with special needs high school students, mostly autistic and down syndrome students). After school I went for a quick workout with my friend who has been training me, it was good. Between that and my 7 mile bike ride yesterday, my legs are jello lol. I also started my first practice of the season for basketball today. This team is definitely going to be a struggle, but I'm looking forward to getting to know the kids and teaching them more. Now I just need to make sure I find my balance and don't let myself get too stressed out like I did during volleyball season.