14.5 bmi is this too low?

Options

Replies

• Seffell
    Seffell Posts: 2,221 Member
    Options
    Just cal 111. They are not A&E and will sort you out anytime. Explain the issue with the surgery etc.
  • RogueDeer5
    RogueDeer5 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    bex10milf wrote: »
    Dramatic weight loss in my experience only ever equals cancer.. sorry dude!! If this is a real post which I doubt as you seem to be getting off on people giving you attention then you'd sort yourself out. All this bull about you "forgetting" to make an appointment is rubbish. You have no intention of helping yourself. I suspect serious mental health issues, i.e. Anorexia

How can you say cancer then say I'm lying then say a mental issue I don't understand what you are trying to say really I have tried ringing the Dr's the last few days the day I forgot by the time I remembered it was too late in the day so no appointments would have been available
  • RogueDeer5
    Options
    gebeziseva wrote: »
    Just cal 111. They are not A&E and will sort you out anytime. Explain the issue with the surgery etc.

Is there a time which I can call or are the lines open all the time
  • Seffell
    Seffell Posts: 2,221 Member
    Options
    RogueDeer5 wrote: »

Open at all times
  • 99hockeymom
    99hockeymom Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Have you had your blood sugar checked? Are you drinking more water than usual? Peeing more than normal? Feeling thirsty? If you've lost that much weight that quickly, and were thin to begin with, these could be signs of Type 1 diabetes. My daughter (age 9) was recently diagnosed. Don't wait, go to the Dr. !! Even go to ER if you can't get in for an appointment.
  • RogueDeer5
    Options

Open at all times

Well 111 was pretty useless they said I've gotta go see my gp
  • RogueDeer5
    Options
    girlinahat wrote: »
    Good you've spoken to them. But what I don't understand is when you ring the GP, and they don't give you an appointment that day because they're full, why you can't book an appointment for a few days or even a week's time. Have you tried asking them for this? Because even if it is for a couple of weeks time at least you'll have it there in the diary.

Call in the morning, ask to see a doctor as soon as possible. As soon as they can fit you in. They may tell you not today, but they will absolutely be able to book you in another day. It doesn't need to be your own GP.

Yeah they just say there's no appointments today call again tomorrow
  • RogueDeer5
    Options
    Good you've spoken to them. But what I don't understand is when you ring the GP, and they don't give you an appointment that day because they're full, why you can't book an appointment for a few days or even a week's time. Have you tried asking them for this? Because even if it is for a couple of weeks time at least you'll have it there in the diary.

Call in the morning, ask to see a doctor as soon as possible. As soon as they can fit you in. They may tell you not today, but they will absolutely be able to book you in another day. It doesn't need to be your own GP.

They are telling you there are no appointments TODAY, not ever. Speak to them tomorrow and ask for an appointment in the future. Ask for next week, the week after, whenever they can fit you in. Because every single GP surgery I have ever been near will be able to make you an appointment for a date in the future that isn't the same day. Same day appointments are like gold dust, appointments booked in advance for next week? Much easier.

The way they talk on the phone I didn't know you could book appointments for other days than what you were ringing from
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options

thats when you ask for the next available appt ,dont call back tell them you need one asap and to pencil you in for one.
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    Some GP practices only do on the day appointments, no advance bookings. I have a few friends in that situation. You have to get on the phone BEFORE they open and keep hitting redial continuously so you can try and get in first. You might have to do it for a few days. It's a ridiculous situation but that's the way it at some practices.

thats messed up to be honest

I don't disagree but that's the way it is.
  • bogwoppt1
    bogwoppt1 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    It is like that here, either call the moment the line opens or show up on the doorstep and wait in the cold until they open the doors.

Hopefully you get through at some point and can be seen.

You do look very thin to me, but more concerning is the rapid weight loss.

Whilst you are waiting to be seem maybe try to add some higher calorie, nutrient dense, foods to your diet. A bag of cashews is a great snack, greek yogourt, a nice piece of cheddar cheese.
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Can you travel or drive a little further to another location without the same day nonsense? :angry: That's crazy about those appointments. I hope you can get seen and sort your situation out soon
  • SCoil123
    SCoil123 Posts: 2,108 Member
    Options
    How do I go about seeing my Dr just ring up and say what?

Suddenly dropping that much weight that fast without trying to can often mean there is a health issue. Call him and tell him how much you lost and what time frame.
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 8,984 Member
    Options
    In the photo you appear underweight but not emaciated.

I agree with checking on a second scale in case your scale settings are wrong.

However the issue is not so much what your weight is but the sudden unexplained weight loss - you really need to find and treat the underlying cause of this.