WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR NOVEMBER 2016

Options

Replies

• Lilymay2
    Lilymay2 Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    Okay...no more checking in with my tablet.... it is too Hungry! Eating parts of my posts
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    :)<3:)
  • SSC1958
    SSC1958 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Gloria: Loved the lessons people learn. Thank you!

Kelly: Great news about the mammogram! Way to "Carpe Diem"!

Lillian: Sorry to hear about the hungry tablet.

Have a good day friends,

Carey - Northern Alberta

Goals for Nov:
    - Increase walking by at least 100 steps per day
    - Get to Tai Chi at least once a week
    - Increase daily water intake
  • santeeshimmy
    santeeshimmy Posts: 29 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Morning!
    Currently getting a neck massage from the cat. Little goober thinks he has to get in my hair daily and knead bread on my neck.

Belly dance... I danced for several years and made a bit of money performing in coffee houses and teaching. When my teacher moved away, fell off and never found another teacher. Then, entering my late forties I kind of aged out of the money making side. BUT! Dance is in my heart and body and I still danced regularly at home and taught friends until I had to take on full time care of my grandfather. That was five years ago, and he passed peacefully, but I never got back into a routine.

That! is why I'm starting all over now.

Tattoos... I don't have any. Yet. I realllllly want my eyebrows done. Someday, I'd like to have a dragon tat... European style.
    I have only pierced my ears. I'm too much of a perfectionist and need matching earrings in my double piercing and I simply would NOT be able to afford more gemstones. LOL

RV trips... Oh my! I miss our RV! Someday we hope to buy a smallish one and travel more. Your vacation pics are so wonderful, All.

When DH and I moved back to NM from CA, we downsized thinking we would only need a small home and a nice yard for gardens and chickens....then our adult daughter moved in. Ce la vie! Thus also go plans for a lot of things. Life could be harder, but it isn't easy!

Breast fibroids... When I was 36 I went for a baseline mammo where they found a lump. This was two days before 9/11. Most stressful time of my life. The Drs insisted on a biopsy that confirmed a benign lump, that to.this.day I have to explain every year is not cancer, and is exactly as it looked when it was first seen. Since I have change healthcare plans a lot, the Drs are always way more stressed about Litlle Noma than I will ever be again. Yes, she has a nick name.

someday I will learn all your names and figure out how to reply to individuals! Can't do side by side on an iPad though. I may just start taking notes. Hahaha

Off to day three! I think I'll dance.

Katy, forgetting to sign off in NM
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,587 Member
    Options
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,737 Member
    Options
    Morning Ladies~
    Tom went to podiatrist last night,has arthritis in both his feet, and somewhere along the line he broke small bones in both his feet, so they have reset themselves. on steriods for a week and we shall see where that will lead.
    Homer is a little eating machine we think it is the thyroid meds they have him on... will ask the Dr tomorrow if there is something we should be doing to control it other than meds, going in a couple hrs early for training online.. and then assisting from 1-6
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,948 Member
    Options
    :)Kelly, that's great news about the mammogram....now you can breathe all you want

:)Heather, I don't have precious writings like you do, but for years I've had many boxes of saved documents from old income tax and things related to my parents and various real estate transactions and every time we move, Jake makes some comment about all my "stuff". That's when we had to make a rule about not commenting on each other's boxes of "stuff". Finally, just before our last move, I talked to our accountant about what I needed to keep and with her suggestions, decided to thin out some of the boxes. I cried as I discarded and shredded papers remembering how carefully I'd assembled all the paperwork. Your writings would be much more precious. I think it's worth all the expense for you to keep it electronically. What a fabulous solution.

:) I wanted to get my ears pierced when I was a teenager and my mother told me that when turned 21 my body would be mine to do with as I chose and I could then decide to get my ears pierced if I still wanted to. Knowing about how many girls got drunk and got their ears pierced by a friend in the dorm, she said she would pay for me to have it done by a doctor and she did just that. I sat on the examining table at the doctor's office and remember hearing the crunch in my ears and then fainted. It was such a big deal then and now I have about three pairs of earrings and most of the time wear none of them.

petting-poodle-smiley-emoticon.gif we are doing morning dog walking as a one day at a time plan.....I got up early and walked the dogs one at a time before breakfast....Jake said he wanted to walk Brandy after breakfast....unfortunately Brandy expects to be walked first after breakfast so I can't walk Sasha until he gets up to walk Brandy...I've been up for almost two hours and he's not up yet.

<3 Barbie
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,135 Member
    Options
    <3
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    Janet ~ Love your pics.

Kelly ~ So happy for your good news!

Barbie ~ Good for you being able to walk that pooches again. I know how much that means to you.

I have no desire to get a tattoo! But, I have thought it would be nice to have eye liner inked on. My only fear is that it would be too much and not fine enough. I can no longer see well enough to apply liner and have practically no eye lashes so don't bother. My eyes have always been my best feature so hate not being able to enhance with makeup.

Carol

• Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    I am making a quick stop in this morning because we're off to DH's doctor appt. Have a great day!

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options

<3
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,269 Member
    Options
    My new laptop has arrived and it is charging right now. :noway:
    I am a complete scaredycat about new technology, so will be spending far too much mental energy worrying if I am doing it right. ;) It is Windows 10, so I have to up my game from Windows 7. :sad: I know I will love it in the end. Poor DH will have to bear with my angst in the meantime. <3

Hairy Bikers Spanish style Chicken tonight. B)

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,889 Member
    Options
    Got a lot done so far today: walked dogs for 45 min. Took down old curtains which are in wash right now and put ones I made. They came out nice! Made a pin cushion because my DH thinks he can sew and had stuff all in fishing tackle boxes and I can't find anything so starting my own kit. Added Velcro to be a led to adjust the chihuahua 'a harness as she can spin and escape. Velcro should help. Combined all the different doggie treats. Didn't realize how much we have! Now waiting for spin cycle to stop to put curtains in dryer then helpin DH make dinner. He is the chef and complains about everyone else's cooking, so I just am the "sous " chef! Lol

Rita from now sunny CT
  • sherryminch
    sherryminch Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Sick with food poisoning. I'm never eating out again! Just got home from hospital. I'm going to bed. Feel exhausted and weak. Maybe post later.

Sherry
  • Peach1948
    Options
    Rita ~ You are lucky to have a DH who cooks. I am very proud that mine has gotten into the habit of making his own breakfast. I am still in charge of lunch and always dinner.

The second HVAC repairman this week came and I think got the heating system repaired. Yeah! We did buy a Lasko space heater to help and was pleased with what it could do. :)

I have decided that the low carb diet must not be for me. I read a lot about the "carb flu" symptons, but, on day 9 I felt so hungry I could have committed a crime to get some carbs. So, it's back to measuring and weighing. CI vs CO

Carol

• Peach1948
    Options
    Sherry ~ Sorry you are sick!

Katla ~ Your storage closet sounds great. When you said it was under the stairs, I was think outside but now i realize it must be under the stairs inside your house.
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,066 Member
    Options
    :heart:
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,587 Member
    Options