Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• JessicaMcB
    JessicaMcB Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    So confession wise I am really struggling today. I went back to keto and cutting phase a few days ago because during my recent failed foray into carb reintroduction I regained over what I'm okay with. Now my husband, who has been entirely neutral my whole weight loss journey, is telling me to maintain where I am right now. I feel like either I have to stay feeling chubby and horrible (6lbs makes a big difference at this stage imho) so he's happy or be happy with myself again but now knowing he is less attracted to me. Why do all these aesthetic things suddenly become issues now? I was disgusting looking at 250lbs, why was nobody all over me to put down the fork then? /confessionrant :(
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    JessicaMcB wrote: »
    So confession wise I am really struggling today. I went back to keto and cutting phase a few days ago because during my recent failed foray into carb reintroduction I regained over what I'm okay with. Now my husband, who has been entirely neutral my whole weight loss journey, is telling me to maintain where I am right now. I feel like either I have to stay feeling chubby and horrible (6lbs makes a big difference at this stage imho) so he's happy or be happy with myself again but now knowing he is less attracted to me. Why do all these aesthetic things suddenly become issues now? I was disgusting looking at 250lbs, why was nobody all over me to put down the fork then? /confessionrant :(

Hugs! How tall are you? Do you find you perform better with your exercise (marathons) if you eat in a keto lifestyle? You have done an awesome job but I will stress that you should try to find a balance with eating the way you want to for the rest of your life. I am a big believer in that you should eliminate foods that either will cause a medical flareup or will lead to a binge. I know I've gained a lot of weight back & now finally trying to get back onto the wagon.
  • JessicaMcB
    Options

Hugs! How tall are you? Do you find you perform better with your exercise (marathons) if you eat in a keto lifestyle? You have done an awesome job but I will stress that you should try to find a balance with eating the way you want to for the rest of your life. I am a big believer in that you should eliminate foods that either will cause a medical flareup or will lead to a binge. I know I've gained a lot of weight back & now finally trying to get back onto the wagon.

I'm 5'9", I've regained up to 134 and just want to cut back to 128 for a maintenance range of 125-135 (I'm fine with a higher range if running a recomp ever happens). I am noticeably heavier at 134 and it is so depressing. Honestly I like and need keto as someone who cannot moderate carbs, and now I just know for sure I can't go there again. I started out reintroducing with the balanced approach in mind- it went to hell fast.

I do perform surprisingly better endurance wise as a keto runner- I can HM once a week easily keto. Glyco fueled I am PRing on my times but my longer runs are a *kitten*. I am confident I can run Banff in June keto, glyco would make me very nervous because I'd either do really well or I'd flame out badly and be mortified.
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    I bought these because I chuckled when I saw the box! My husband and daughter will have fun with them I'm sure!

b3cr37lv8wzj.jpg

These are adorable! I want gingerbread ninjas!
  • Oberon21
    Options

I am up 8 lbs or so and I agree it does make a big difference. But at 5'9 128 seems too thin? May be why your husband prefers you with 6 additional pounds.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    just an annoying reminder...we try not to swear in this thread....
  • JessicaMcB
    Options
    Oberon21 wrote: »

I am up 8 lbs or so and I agree it does make a big difference. But at 5'9 128 seems too thin? May be why your husband prefers you with 6 additional pounds.

Sorry my bad re: dropping the 'kitten', won't happen again!

And 128 is the bottom of the range for me but I carry weight so, so poorly/have no boobs even at my highest weights that I look awful much higher than that. I think (hope?) it's more to do with this being the smallest I've been in the 9 years we've been together and him not being used to it? Idk, but when I photo compared against a photo from 128 earlier I wanted to cry over how basically all eleven pounds went right back to my gut. Feels like there is no winning :/
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    I bought these because I chuckled when I saw the box! My husband and daughter will have fun with them I'm sure!

b3cr37lv8wzj.jpg

:D

Where'd you get that?
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options

I'm 5'9", I've regained up to 134 and just want to cut back to 128 for a maintenance range of 125-135 (I'm fine with a higher range if running a recomp ever happens). I am noticeably heavier at 134 and it is so depressing. Honestly I like and need keto as someone who cannot moderate carbs, and now I just know for sure I can't go there again. I started out reintroducing with the balanced approach in mind- it went to hell fast.

I do perform surprisingly better endurance wise as a keto runner- I can HM once a week easily keto. Glyco fueled I am PRing on my times but my longer runs are a *kitten*. I am confident I can run Banff in June keto, glyco would make me very nervous because I'd either do really well or I'd flame out badly and be mortified.

As long as you're at a healthy weight for your height & you're eating enough to fuel your workouts you should be fine. Since you seem to usually have a high burn amount I would make sure to try to hit a decent amount of calories everyday. Maybe you could make a smoothie or protein shake & include a decent amount of calories. I know Pinterest has a ton of recipes. I'm going to start making a protein shake for Breakfast since I find it keeps me full to at least lunch or my first break.

I know when I was 150-155 & I'm 5'5" everyone said I was way too thin & I thought they were nuts! After watching the show my 600 Pound Life they may have been correct since I seemed to have a lot of loose skin on my arms, legs, & belly that if taken off would probably have put me around 130-140 (there was a girl on that show that lost around 500-600 pounds & wanted to get skin removal surgery & they said if she did without gaining weight she'd look practically like skin & bones). I could stand the loose skin on my arms, but I despised the loose skin my legs.
  • JessicaMcB
    Options

As long as you're at a healthy weight for your height & you're eating enough to fuel your workouts you should be fine. Since you seem to usually have a high burn amount I would make sure to try to hit a decent amount of calories everyday. Maybe you could make a smoothie or protein shake & include a decent amount of calories. I know Pinterest has a ton of recipes. I'm going to start making a protein shake for Breakfast since I find it keeps me full to at least lunch or my first break.

I know when I was 150-155 & I'm 5'5" everyone said I was way too thin & I thought they were nuts! After watching the show my 600 Pound Life they may have been correct since I seemed to have a lot of loose skin on my arms, legs, & belly that if taken off would probably have put me around 130-140 (there was a girl on that show that lost around 500-600 pounds & wanted to get skin removal surgery & they said if she did without gaining weight she'd look practically like skin & bones). I could stand the loose skin on my arms, but I despised the loose skin my legs.

That's a good idea, thanks! The one area of keto maintenance I struggle with is increasing calories without increasing carbs because I'm a contradiction in terms and not a huge fat eater like many proponents of the WOE lol.

I watch My 600lb life a lot and I know which one you're talking about (I want to say her name was Ashley? Southern girl with these amazing cheekbones that could cut steel!). I definitely don't have that issue though, I'm sorry you have to deal with that frustration :( . Not a loose skin thing it's more my stomach looks very "blah" for lack of a better term. Idk if it's because I still have DR issues after 3 babies in 3 years or what but if I carry even a little extra weight I look pregnant if that makes sense? If I had any photos that wouldn't violate TOU because bra I would add it. I know I need to run the recomp, I just hate lifting so much and love to run which is only helping my legs which frankly don't need the help now :/

Sorry for the whine :(
  • raymax4
    raymax4 Posts: 6,070 Member
    Options

b3cr37lv8wzj.jpg

These are adorable! I want gingerbread ninjas!

ditto
  • srecupid
    srecupid Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    I got a migraine on my day off and want to eat every *kitten* thing in revenge because I can't punch a baby
  • raymax4
    raymax4 Posts: 6,070 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options

Looking up healthy weight
    9z376o4tlfe1.png
    74skrbnagusw.png
    I'm 5'9" each body is different but my body would not look good at that weight. I imagine your husband will find you attractive at any weight but does not want you to hurt yourself trying to get to the lowest weight in your weight category.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options

b3cr37lv8wzj.jpg

I must find these!!
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options

b3cr37lv8wzj.jpg

This is awesome
  • Oberon21
    Options

And 128 is the bottom of the range for me but I carry weight so, so poorly/have no boobs even at my highest weights that I look awful much higher than that. I think (hope?) it's more to do with this being the smallest I've been in the 9 years we've been together and him not being used to it? Idk, but when I photo compared against a photo from 128 earlier I wanted to cry over how basically all eleven pounds went right back to my gut. Feels like there is no winning :/

Mine is also around my middle. I want to get back to 123 or so. I can definitely feel it so get your concern! We'll get there. :)
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options

b3cr37lv8wzj.jpg

:D

Where'd you get that?

The World Market. It's also where I bought the Oreo Milka Bar.
  • JessicaMcB
    Options

Mine is also around my middle. I want to get back to 123 or so. I can definitely feel it so get your concern! We'll get there. :)

Yes onward and upward! Things can only be on the up when you are making duck for dinner- nommm
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options

That's a good idea, thanks! The one area of keto maintenance I struggle with is increasing calories without increasing carbs because I'm a contradiction in terms and not a huge fat eater like many proponents of the WOE lol.

I watch My 600lb life a lot and I know which one you're talking about (I want to say her name was Ashley? Southern girl with these amazing cheekbones that could cut steel!). I definitely don't have that issue though, I'm sorry you have to deal with that frustration :( . Not a loose skin thing it's more my stomach looks very "blah" for lack of a better term. Idk if it's because I still have DR issues after 3 babies in 3 years or what but if I carry even a little extra weight I look pregnant if that makes sense? If I had any photos that wouldn't violate TOU because bra I would add it. I know I need to run the recomp, I just hate lifting so much and love to run which is only helping my legs which frankly don't need the help now :/

Sorry for the whine :(

I've always despised my legs! Like I said when I was 150 the skin on my legs was so bad that it almost looked wrinkled. I would say that I definitely gain weight there first whenever I gain weight back. My stomach has always been smaller even when I was heavier. At my heaviest I could wear some 18/20 shirts but in pants I was a 22/24-24/26. The one thing I hate the most about my belly area is I have the dreaded B belly that basically the upper part will hang over my lower part of my stomach area. Even when I was 150 I never had the flat stomach, but my b belly was less pronounced at least.