Replies

• JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    McCloud33 wrote: »
    JoRocka wrote: »

yaaaaaaaaas

You running the whole 6 week program?

I don't know yet. I'm just running it as long as I can this time. Last time I made it to 275...I'd like to beat that if I can, but going beltless IDK. If I maintain 3 days a week and 5lbs a workout I'll hit 300 by the new year. 300x20 would just be another nice round number LOL. I'm a little OCD so 300 sounds SOOO much better than 295 or something. As it gets heavier, I might drop to two days a week though. I'm running with a full 5x5 rotation on OHP, Bench (pin), Bentover Row and DL. Thinking I'll run 'till Christmas, see where I'm at mentally and physically and then possible switch back to 5/3/1 after the new year.

Werd. Interested to see how you feel this go round! I feel like you just finished the last one! where did the season go!
    TR0berts wrote: »

yaaaaaaaaas

You running the whole 6 week program?

I'm a little OCD so 300 sounds SOOO much better than 295 or something.

LOL. I was having this sort of conversation this past Sunday with the group I bench with. Al doesn't like any 95s. He'll always throw on some 2.5s to make whatever it is an even hundred. Me, on the other hand, generally avoids using 2.5s except in particular instances.
    heh- #womenwholiftproblems- I use the cookies ALL the time. makes a HUGE difference for me.

Chieflrg wrote: »

Trying to balance out my joint disease effects on my locked hips with a wider foot placement was not a success, lol.

#scoopingoutyourjoggers- where did you get those! those are great!
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options

Plato's Closet - A med/high end second hand store. It's pretty much a gold mine for the unusual mech.

• TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options

Trying to balance out my joint disease effects on my locked hips with a wider foot placement was not a sucess, lol.

235 for 10? Nice.
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options

235 for 10? Nice.

I'm somewhere around 255-260 for 10 right now with my regular foot placement, but this wider one I tried caused too much pain trying hold my knees out in the drive.

• maranarasauce93
    maranarasauce93 Posts: 293 Member
    Options

Hit 325 lbs for dead max tonight. Up 20 lbs from 4 weeks ago.

Congrats on the PR!! Also pretty sure I own the same leggings haha. Victoria's Secret?
  • piperdown44
    piperdown44 Posts: 958 Member
    Options

Hot damn that's awesome!
  • ROBOTFOOD
    ROBOTFOOD Posts: 5,527 Member
    Options
    Bench testing today. Hit 300!

Went so well, tried 3 plates.

F yeah, even with the ol' wobbly leg. Back at the end of July, when I was training bench by myself, I maxed out at 255. 275 in the beginning of August, with spotters to help with confidence and lift-off. Really began this bastardized Westside programming cycle in the beginning of September.

Nice!
  • Coachjr29
    Coachjr29 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Good work!
  • not_a_runner
    not_a_runner Posts: 1,343 Member
    Options

Congrats on the PR!! Also pretty sure I own the same leggings haha. Victoria's Secret?

Thanks! And yes, VS leggings. The flat waist/ones that don't fold are probably some of my favorite leggings for lifting.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options

Plato's Closet - A med/high end second hand store. It's pretty much a gold mine for the unusual mech.

yeah we have those here- I'm just to lazy to go in there and go hunting- I don't like hunting that much- and it's not really "on my way" anywhere- which is why I don't go in there- I do a lot of TJMaxx shopping.
    I should go and look though. I hate paying full price for anything.
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options

285 lb squat for a 10 lb PR since last month. Still not really finding my groove since we widened my stance.
    Felt a little disappointed with this and bench, (matched my previous bench PR on my own, had worst spotter ever and didn't get new PR on my own) but this would be a combined 33 lb increase on my total at about 30 lbs lower body weight than my last meet, so I guess I shouldn't be too upset. I just want mooooore. ;)

Holy crap, you go deep. Is that high-bar?
  • not_a_runner
    Options

285 lb squat for a 10 lb PR since last month. Still not really finding my groove since we widened my stance.
    Felt a little disappointed with this and bench, (matched my previous bench PR on my own, had worst spotter ever and didn't get new PR on my own) but this would be a combined 33 lb increase on my total at about 30 lbs lower body weight than my last meet, so I guess I shouldn't be too upset. I just want mooooore. ;)

Very high bar. Bar is basically sitting on top of my delts.
    I guess I wouldn't consider this to be a super deep squat based on my hip crease to knee height..? I'm just really short so my butt ends up close to the ground ahahaha.
  • _incogNEATo_
    _incogNEATo_ Posts: 4,543 Member
    Options

I guess I wouldn't consider this to be a super deep squat based on my hip crease to knee height..? I'm just really short so my butt ends up close to the ground ahahaha.

It's a pretty deep squat from the angle of the camera. Great looking squat!! I don't think that's a true current 1RM, though. Looks like with a nice grind, you'd have upwards of 300lbs.
  • not_a_runner
    Options

It's a pretty deep squat from the angle of the camera. Great looking squat!! I don't think that's a true current 1RM, though. Looks like with a nice grind, you'd have upwards of 300lbs.

Ah, thanks :# I've been having a mental block since getting back to heavier squats (Failed 295 twice last month when I was sure I was going to hit 300+), and this was a gym and set up I wasn't familiar with so I was nervous to push it too much, and not happy with how my knees pulled.
    I hit 300 last year when I was 30 lbs heavier and squatting pretty narrow, but haven't touched heavy squats much since then. I really wanted to retest once I got back home yesterday but the coach denied me haha.
  • _incogNEATo_
    _incogNEATo_ Posts: 4,543 Member
    Options

Ah, thanks :# I've been having a mental block since getting back to heavier squats (Failed 295 twice last month when I was sure I was going to hit 300+), and this was a gym and set up I wasn't familiar with so I was nervous to push it too much, and not happy with how my knees pulled.
    I hit 300 last year when I was 30 lbs heavier and squatting pretty narrow, but haven't touched heavy squats much since then. I really wanted to retest once I got back home yesterday but the coach denied me haha.

Stay patient. You'll knock it out of the park after you get back in a routine. Looking forward to it!
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    Here's my workout from this morning coming back after Thanksgiving break. Includes a new PR for OHP...never been able to hit all 5 sets of 5x5 with 135 before! :smiley:

https://youtu.be/iC7j7po7Oeo

nice work.