HALP! Heavy Lifting Made Me SUPAH Bulky!!!

Options

Replies

• Sumiblue
    Sumiblue Posts: 1,597 Member
    Options
    I deadlift in Chucks, low style. I bought Addidas Powerlift shoes for squats. I don't know if they are good for wide feet, though. My Chucks are narrow, too but I have narrow feet. I bought my Powerlift shoes off the Internet because I couldn't find a brick and mortar store with lifting shoes. I just made sure I could return them in necessary.
  • jadechabs
    jadechabs Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Random question for you awesome ladies--anyone have lifting shoes they love?

Where did you buy them? I'm going to get some for Christmas but I have no idea where to look. I'd like a brick and mortar store bc I have kinda wide feet--how do you find such a place?

Nike and Reebox

Nike metcon
    Reebox cross fit

I have a pair of the Nike metcon

• IILikeToMoveItMoveIt
    IILikeToMoveItMoveIt Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    Random question for you awesome ladies--anyone have lifting shoes they love?

Where did you buy them? I'm going to get some for Christmas but I have no idea where to look. I'd like a brick and mortar store bc I have kinda wide feet--how do you find such a place?

Have you maybe tried maybe looking at a hard core gym?(Like a body builder/strongman/power lifters gym.)They sometimes will sell lifting shoes, straps etc....
  • HealthyBodySickMind
    HealthyBodySickMind Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    SezxyStef wrote: »
    I have the option of lifting barefoot which I love...or sock feet as I have a home gym...

prefer that to shoes

This is my preference also. I really dislike lifting in shoes.
  • jamcdonel
    jamcdonel Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    You all look fantastic! Thanks for the inspiration.

Now, I have a silly question. I know this is a "women only" thread, but...Is there a similar program for men? Everything I can find about lifting for men concentrates on "getting huge". Not interested in that.

Thoughts?
  • jamcdonel
    jamcdonel Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    Thanks. Looks like I was searching in the wrong places. That is what I get for listening to my brother...a "recovering" power lifter.
  • Cheriels82
    Cheriels82 Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    I have the option of lifting barefoot which I love...or sock feet as I have a home gym...

prefer that to shoes

Thank you for saying so. I have been lurking here. Started lifting at home since April, and I do it barefoot. Thought I was dangerous and abnormal but really like the grounded feeling so have kept it up.

• thelovelyLIZ
    thelovelyLIZ Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    I love this!
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    jamcdonel wrote: »
    Thanks. Looks like I was searching in the wrong places. That is what I get for listening to my brother...a "recovering" power lifter.

stronglifts 5x5 or starting strength is not a female program...they are programs...they do not build bulk by mistake as mentioned...

look them up.
  • MrsK20141004
    MrsK20141004 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Bump yet again because I don't have anything to contribute and I could use the inspiration.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    I need to do updated photos to see what progress I've made. It's been almost 8 months, I think.
  • StrongGirlFitGirl
    StrongGirlFitGirl Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Cheriels82 wrote: »

prefer that to shoes

Thank you for saying so. I have been lurking here. Started lifting at home since April, and I do it barefoot. Thought I was dangerous and abnormal but really like the grounded feeling so have kept it up.

I don't have the option of lifting barefoot, but I've started wearing my shoes with the least padding in the soles. I feel like I can really dig my heels in with them.

Last week, I changed up my diet, too. I added more calories, a lot of which are protein, some are fats, and some are carbs. My doctor's concerned I may be at risk for osteoporosis, so I want to put on some muscle. In April, if I need to, I'll go back on my stricter diet.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    These transformations are SOOOO amazing to see. I think I jut scrolled through like 40 pages LOL
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,752 Member
    Options
    Time for a bump so newbies can see this awesome thread.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!