HALP! Heavy Lifting Made Me SUPAH Bulky!!!

Options

Replies

• bebenevaeh
    bebenevaeh Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • teresamwhite
    teresamwhite Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    Weight lifting has made me SO bulky!! WAAAHHHH, I've lost 6 inches from my hips and another 4" from my waist...!
  • PDCandD
    PDCandD Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Well I've just ordered NROL4W..........
  • pippaw21
    pippaw21 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    thanks for the inspiration guys! i have just moved to a new gym where they encourage lifting, and had a free PT session where we worked on free weights. my routine's now totally changed and i'm looking forward to seeing the difference after putting in some hard work :)
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Ok, I'm in. So deadlifts are the ones where you squat and lift to your waist, yes?

I doubt I could lift 60 more than once or twice... maybe I could do 40 if I had to do a set of 10 - but I'm sure I'd be wiped out if I had to do more than one set ... Squats are a lot harder than using the Leg Press machine.

What? :huh:
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    Since I can't find the part 2 or 3 or whatever number we were on...can I bump this one?

Belly-Bump.gif
  • stevesilk
    stevesilk Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Terrific progress. I love the heavy weights approach. You look fabulous.
  • Lestaticon
    Lestaticon Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Since I can't find the part 2 or 3 or whatever number we were on...can I bump this one?

It's just because the new forum software has combined the old threads into mega sized ones. So the thread size limit must have been increased too.

• dmgeurts
    dmgeurts Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Here's mine... I started in a size 20W in March of 2013. I picked up my first weights ever in October of 2013. There is still a lot of size to be lost and a lot of muscle to build, but I am happy with my progress so far. Currently, I am wearing approx an 11 jrs.

I started lifting with NROLFW - I completed it through Stage 4, due to time constraints I switched to Stronglifts 5x5 - but it wasn't accomplishing what I wanted it to - so I've recently started over on NROLFW.

I am nearly 40 y/o, and I never imagined I could create a better body the older I became - it still blows my mind! I eat a Primal Blueprint diet, at approx 1600-2000 calories per day - with a stong focus on protein - I've only recently started tracking on MFP again, in an effort to quit messing around and lose these last few sizes.

I encourage everyone in my life to pick up weight (then put it back down), and eat a diet of non-processed foods. My quality of life has increased much more than I had ever dreamed it could!
  • heaven_511
    heaven_511 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    bump
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    Book marked now I can find it whenever I want...(book mark is the little star up top)
  • 3laine75
    3laine75 Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    SezxyStef wrote: »
    Book marked now I can find it whenever I want...(book mark is the little star up top)

Thanks for that, I've bookmarked it too :) was just getting the hang of the old site - I hate change :neutral_face:
  • PwrLftr82
    PwrLftr82 Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    OMG! This thread is still around? In...just because I likes it!

:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

Love that I can't tell when anything on here was posted. NOT! The new forums are IMPOSSIBLE!
  • libbydoodle11
    libbydoodle11 Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    You look fabulous!
  • BBeccaJean
    BBeccaJean Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    You look amazing & I love your hair color!
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    OMG!!! Clicked on O/P's profile and it says "User deactivated"

I couldn't even tell she was a droid. :/

Yes, she deactivated. She was an incredible woman and needed a break from this site for a while. We are sad she is gone, but we keep in touch with her through other means. She wasn't a bot or droid. She's a real person.

• aree2525
    aree2525 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Beezil wrote: »
    I want a weight set, or at least one of those adjustable bar bells you can put up to 100lbs on it. The whole myth of lifting heavy will make you bulky is exactly why my husband won't help me pay for a weight set / bench. It pisses me off. I have had an easier time convincing him to help me get breast implants than lift heavy weights. Not that we can afford those, but the point stands. Nothing I say will convince him that I won't look like a body builder on steroids if I lift weights.
    Show him this thread.

Well, it's interesting to me, because I have shown him many of the females on this site as an example of what I want to look like - and he's response is basically he doesn't want me to become that defined. I love him, but he's not the most sensitive when it comes to me and my own aspirations with my body. The first time I flexed for a picture after reaching my goal weight and showed it to him, he actually said, "Ew." - and this was when I was even higher BF% than I am now. He's a great guy, really, I don't mean to make him sound like some awful pig-headed jerk. lol. He just wants me to be soft and squishy, but I do not want to be soft and squishy!

I try to tell him I'm not trying to become that defined necessarily, just stronger and a bit more trimmed down. I really just want to be stronger, honestly, but he doesn't get it. It's like talking to a brick wall with him. I would LOVE to look like Ashley Horner or any other among many beautiful fitness models, but I still care to be attractive to my husband, within reason, so I wouldn't go that far for his sake. It may seem stupid to some, but yeah, anyways... I just wish I could convince him that my lifting weights isn't an automatic ticket to being extremely muscular, which isn't even a bad thing in my opinion, but unless you're specifically going for that, it doesn't happen just from lifting weights.

WOW, I had not imagined my husband wouldn't like it when I got smaller. I went to your page and saw what you looked like. You look fantastic!!!!! Maybe you have already started lifting??
  • Josalinn
    Josalinn Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    RoseyDgirl wrote: »
    Ok, I'm in. So deadlifts are the ones where you squat and lift to your waist, yes?

I doubt I could lift 60 more than once or twice... maybe I could do 40 if I had to do a set of 10 - but I'm sure I'd be wiped out if I had to do more than one set ... Squats are a lot harder than using the Leg Press machine.

Deadlifts: http://www.weighttraining.com/exercises/deadlift
  • AllTheSparkles
    AllTheSparkles Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    bump! I need the inspiration :)
  • AmandaLeighisme
    AmandaLeighisme Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    This thread is great. Bump-bump!
    mhtoubx52ep2.gif
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!