100 Day Exercise Challenge

Options

Replies

• ferret150
    ferret150 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I'm in! Will get in 30 mins on the stationary bike before bed tonight. Seems crazy that I'll sit on the couch and watch TV for hours and not just use my exercise bike while watching.

I used to do the same thing and the bike was being used to hang clothes. Then one day I figured let me start using this bike while I watch TV, now I do it almost everyday.
  • SammyDee2015
    SammyDee2015 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I kill me. I browsed MFP for inspiration on the weekend and found this challenge, decided it - like the folks doing it- is awesome and swore I would begin on Sunday but felt I shouldn't post until I had something to report Sunday evening.... and then promptly forgot to start tracking myself here. DOH! My commitment is to do some sort of mindful fitness related activity everyday, and my hope is to get a few new like minded MFP pals. So!
    54, 5'2", 185.8lbs
    Dec 11, Day 1: 1 hr-ish weights ( legsnglutes), 3361 steps.
  • SammyDee2015
    Options
    And now day 2 is complete: 15 minutes trek and an hour doing weight lifting ( chest/triceps/delts). steps 13k+. Happy Monday everyone! :)
  • froggysfriend
    froggysfriend Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Day 1 - 45 minute spin class and 28 minute walk :smile:
  • GW4321
    GW4321 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    Day 8. Strength Training- 60 minutes
  • MarNedra2000
    MarNedra2000 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Day 1: 30 mins Stationary Bike
    Day 2: 20 mins Stationary Bike and 10 mins
    Gazelle freestyle machine
  • ferret150
    Options
    Day 6 - Walking 9701 steps
  • lamlamsmakeover
    lamlamsmakeover Posts: 6,574 Member
    Options
    Well, I am back at it with 2 days under my belt.

Day 1 -- 88 min gym (bike/treadmill/ab and arm app workout)
    Day 2 -- 58 min gym (bike/treadmill/ab and arm app workout)
  • SammyDee2015
    Options
    Yesterday was Day 3: 15 minute trek in high snow and 37 minutes stretching cuz the muscles were crying. But in a good way. :)
  • SammyDee2015
    Options
    Oops- steps for day 3 were 10,088. And now for today: Day 4 10 minute warm up cardio then 50 minutes weights (back/ biceps/ forearms) It seems odd that I am already seeing a change in my mindset: thoughts of " ach, skip it today" are followed immediately with " ha! And give up my streak!? No WAY!" So glad I am doing this with you folks
  • GW4321
    Options
    Day 9. Strength Training -30 min. Walking -30 min.
    Day 10. Core workout -10 min. Walking - 50 min.
  • lamlamsmakeover
    Options
    Day 5 -- 1 hour gym working (15 min stationary bike and 45 min treadmill)
  • SammyDee2015
    Options
    Day 5 did an hour of weights , steps only 6800. I am bushed today but satisfied :)
  • froggysfriend
    Options
    Day 2 - Walked 37 minutes
    Day 3 - 45 minute spin class; walked 65 minutes
    Day 4 (today) - 45 minute spin class, 20 minutes weights
  • GW4321
    Options
    Day 11. 60 minutes of weight lifting.
  • ferret150
    Options
    Day 7- I rested

Day 8- I rested

Day 9- Walking 51 minutes
  • quiltlovinlisa
    quiltlovinlisa Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    Apparently I made it to 265 days exercising! However I will need to start at day one again tomorrow. Today was an emotionally draining day and I just can't exercise.
  • lamlamsmakeover
    Options
    Apparently I made it to 265 days exercising! However I will need to start at day one again tomorrow. Today was an emotionally draining day and I just can't exercise.

No worries. Those things happen. I was only at 45 days, and then I got sick. You'll be back to that streak in no time!
  • quiltlovinlisa
    quiltlovinlisa Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    Thanks @lamlam2013

I love this challenge. It's kept me motivated to keep active. I've been at it since the beginning and have finished it a total of 3 times out of 5 attempts. I'm not giving up! Actually, I'm a little excited to start at day one again. I love seeing those digits go up, up, up!
  • froggysfriend
    Options
    @quiltlovinlisa - I love that positive attitude. I remind myself that every day is a victory and it doesn't matter which day you are on. I am traveling later this month and have my doubts about being able to work out for at least 2 days, but it actually doesn't matter. The only thing that matters is getting back up again or back at it again each time you fail/stop. My calendar this month says "Failure isn't the opposite of success, it's part of success".