New products that caught your eyes recently?

Options

Replies

• glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,632 Member
    Options
    hgycta wrote: »
    Tried Halo Top's Pistachio flavor. It was delicious but also more subtle nutty flavor and not sweet enough for me to get again. Tomorrow I'll be trying the oatmeal cookie one, the last chance at finding one better than the sea salt caramel :')

Are you seriously going through a pint a day?? :)

I'm making my way through the pistachio right now and like it but ptobably won't get again either.

• anglyn1
    anglyn1 Posts: 1,802 Member
    Options
    glassyo wrote: »
    Tried Halo Top's Pistachio flavor. It was delicious but also more subtle nutty flavor and not sweet enough for me to get again. Tomorrow I'll be trying the oatmeal cookie one, the last chance at finding one better than the sea salt caramel :')

I'm making my way through the pistachio right now and like it but ptobably won't get again either.

The HT flavor releases was a beta test, and they are constantly working to improve the recipes. :) Pistachio could definitely use some work...

I think the pistachio would be better if it had some real pistachio pieces in it but oddly I really like it. The oatmeal cookie is my favorite. I want to try the peanut butter cup but I can't find it. I don't guess I've tried a flavor I flat out didn't care for.
  • RandiNoelle
    RandiNoelle Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    ht6dtbd352a5.png

This stuff is to die for! So delicious!
  • KDar1988
    KDar1988 Posts: 650 Member
    Options
    oocdc2 wrote: »
    KDar1988 wrote: »
    Found these at Vitamin Shoppe. They are really good! They come in several flavors. Protein bars taste like metal to me. These don't. 34684ukgxnd6.png

Just FYI, Target online has the best prices I've found: 17.99/box of 12. (And, if you subscribe it's 5% off AND if you have the Red card it's *another* 5% off.)

If anyone's done better, please let me know, 'cause after Raw Rev Glo, Oatmega is my go-to bar.

Thanks for the tip! At Vitamin Shoppe now they are buy 5 get 1 free so the final bill after 12 was like $19.98. I usually look for the best price but have run out fast (my daughter is eating them too!) so I get them there.
  • glassyo
    Options
    anglyn1 wrote: »

The HT flavor releases was a beta test, and they are constantly working to improve the recipes. :) Pistachio could definitely use some work...

I think the pistachio would be better if it had some real pistachio pieces in it but oddly I really like it. The oatmeal cookie is my favorite. I want to try the peanut butter cup but I can't find it. I don't guess I've tried a flavor I flat out didn't care for.

I agree about the pistachio pieces altho I wasn't too impressed with the almond pieces in the chocolate almond crunch one.

After I finish the pint of pistachio, I have the chocolate chip cookie dough and peanut butter cup ones to try. I try to save the best for last (altho I am DEFINITELY going to have to buy more cookies and cream).
  • glassyo
    Options
    ht6dtbd352a5.png

I bought a small jar of this because I couldn't be trusted with the larger jar of the Trader Joe's cookie butter and I wanted to see if they tasted the same. I like the Trader Joe's version better but I impressed myself by actually logging every serving of the Biscoff jar. (I don't with the Trader Joe's version. It's pretty much just me, the jar, and a spoon. The scale usually takes a hike at this point. :))
  • Raynne413
    Raynne413 Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    crazyravr wrote: »
    Great stuff with crepes or waffles, in my case, as long as you dont expect this to be real peanut butter. Cause come one, how can it be. But it does have a great great taste. Also there are actual raising in it and it does smell like cinnamon haha :) Another great find, to me, from Waldens.

71hyAfjPKIL._SY679_.jpg

After the horror of trying the original peanut spread, I am never touching their stuff again! Minus the pancake syrup and the spicy BBQ sauce was "ok".
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    Raynne413 wrote: »
    crazyravr wrote: »
    Great stuff with crepes or waffles, in my case, as long as you dont expect this to be real peanut butter. Cause come one, how can it be. But it does have a great great taste. Also there are actual raising in it and it does smell like cinnamon haha :) Another great find, to me, from Waldens.

71hyAfjPKIL._SY679_.jpg

After the horror of trying the original peanut spread, I am never touching their stuff again! Minus the pancake syrup and the spicy BBQ sauce was "ok".

I still get nauseous when I think of the peanut butter spread lol. It was years ago maybe the pb is better now?? I do love their honey dijon dressing, coffee creamer and syrups.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    ht6dtbd352a5.png

I bought a small jar of this because I couldn't be trusted with the larger jar of the Trader Joe's cookie butter and I wanted to see if they tasted the same. I like the Trader Joe's version better but I impressed myself by actually logging every serving of the Biscoff jar. (I don't with the Trader Joe's version. It's pretty much just me, the jar, and a spoon. The scale usually takes a hike at this point. :))
    I've actually never had either Trader Joe's regular cookie butter or Biscoff's brand. My favorite normal cookie butter is HEB's.

There's a brand I can't find online for the life of me, but they have a chocolate cookie butter that is amazing.

• hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Options

SERIOUSLY? Well that's a relief! So... how do we communicate our feedback? Because as far as I'm concerned, the cookies & cream was perfect, the cookie dough was perfect, and so was the sea salt caramel, although a few extra swirls wouldn't hurt anybody.
    The red velvet needed a cream cheese swirl or SOMETHING and the peanut butter quite honestly disappointed me because I had hoped for a more rich chocolate base and sweeter peanut butter.
    Does a beta test mean other flavors could be considered? I know I'll probably never get my dream of cotton candy, but a pumpkin or eggnog would be amazing.
    I'm never satisfied. I need an endless variety of Halo Top. That's not too much to ask for, is it?

Yes, yes I am going through a pint of day. And I have no shame. Only happiness.
  • glassyo
    Options

SERIOUSLY? Well that's a relief! So... how do we communicate our feedback? Because as far as I'm concerned, the cookies & cream was perfect, the cookie dough was perfect, and so was the sea salt caramel, although a few extra swirls wouldn't hurt anybody.
    The red velvet needed a cream cheese swirl or SOMETHING and the peanut butter quite honestly disappointed me because I had hoped for a more rich chocolate base and sweeter peanut butter.
    Does a beta test mean other flavors could be considered? I know I'll probably never get my dream of cotton candy, but a pumpkin or eggnog would be amazing.
    I'm never satisfied. I need an endless variety of Halo Top. That's not too much to ask for, is it?

Well, that's *one* way to get your fiber! :)
  • JessicaMcB
    JessicaMcB Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options

Eff shame. If we had HT in Canada I would join your pint a day club because awesome
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Options
    Alright, I just finished the oatmeal cookie so I've had all of the new flavors! It was good, I'm impressed but honestly it doesn't compare to Enlightened's caramel oatmeal pint. Perhaps I'm biased because I love caramel but this was kind of boring even though the oats were plentiful. I recall someone earlier mentioning how they should include raisins, which I agree would make it more rounded! My favorite is still the sea salt caramel followed by the cookies and cream and then the cookie dough ;) I can't believe I ate $70 worth of ice cream that quick... what do I do now? XD
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    King Sooper is a Kroger brand. I have to keep my eye out for those yogurts.
  • oocdc2
    oocdc2 Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    Alright, I just finished the oatmeal cookie so I've had all of the new flavors! It was good, I'm impressed but honestly it doesn't compare to Enlightened's caramel oatmeal pint.

Let's face it--*nothing* compares to Enlightened's caramel oatmeal. I'd eat that even over regular ice cream...
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    Anone ever try these ? jar-cutouts_1024x1024.jpg?v=1456426038 2tbsp has 115-150 calories. I guess if you microwave for 30 seconds it turns into a brownie? Kind of curious about that LOL
  • bellaa_x0
    bellaa_x0 Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    Anone ever try these ? jar-cutouts_1024x1024.jpg?v=1456426038 2tbsp has 115-150 calories. I guess if you microwave for 30 seconds it turns into a brownie? Kind of curious about that LOL

i have the sugar cookie flavor... pretty good but not sure if i'm sold yet as i haven't had much of it.