Do diet pills and fat burners really work?

Options
I was wondering if using a fat burner would help me lose weight quicker and suppress my appetite? If yes, any good products suggested?

Replies

• Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately they don't work how they say they do. They may have a small laxative in them to help their claims, but that's about it.
  • missmagnoliablossom
    Options
    If they worked, everyone would be thin.
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    There is 1 "diet pill" that works but it works by poisoning you from the inside.

The best thing you can do is to eat in a calorie deficit for a decent amount of time.
  • Cylphin60
    Cylphin60 Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    I'd say some can have some adverse side effects as well. I tried a pre-workout sup that touted Yohimbine as a fat burner that targeted "stubborn fat". I didn't know lol.

Over the course of a month I found myself feeling more and more agitated during and after a workout, and the last day I got what I can only describe as half manic.

I can't say definitively that it was the yohmbine, but reading up on the ingredients in the supp turned up a few pieces on possible negative side effects of that substance that some users reported. I stopped taking it immediately and those periods of agitation subsided.

Needless to say I read a lot these days before taking any new supplement, and maybe because of that, my supps are limited to only a multi vitamin and whey protein as required.
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    AnvilHead wrote: »
    They do actually work in one sense - they'll make your wallet lighter.

Yes, in the UK we are blesssed. Our diet pills really do shed the pounds.

:laugh: I like you.
  • flagrantavidity
    flagrantavidity Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Fen Phen worked, it worked for about 15 pounds... then it would leave you with only bones after it killed you.
  • LegacyLion
    LegacyLion Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Contrary to what people have been saying on here, some them work to a point but you still have to put in the same work you would have to if you weren't taking them. I can't say all of them work but the one I used (Shred Jym) helped me get that extra push. However, just don't use them longer than a month or two.