Do diet pills and fat burners really work?

Options

Replies

• witcherkar
    witcherkar Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    @JustMissTracy
    I restarted the products on December first. I had a a few weeks where i wasnt feeling feeling well. I have lost 24.6 pounds since then according to my doctors scale. Without exercising. Without cico.
  • witcherkar
    witcherkar Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    witcherkar wrote: »
    @witcherkar if these pills do what you claim why are you on this website? From your avatar it would seem that you have a fair bit of progress to make before you can start selling miracle weight loss products.

Because it takes time just like everything else. Plus i lose motivation and stop. Plus i have binge eating disorder. Im not saying they are miracle weightloss pills. Im saying that they really do help. I wish yall would stop attacking me.

I don't think you're being attacked at all, we're just trying to make you see the light a bit. Have you lost weight? How much, and in what time frame? It seems to me you have a few excuses, and that might be what's holding you back. Give up the pills, get to logging regularly, have faith in yourself, and give your pocket book a break..lol. If I can do it the right way, so can you xo

24.6 pounds in 14 days. No exercise no logging regular.
  • liftorgohome
    liftorgohome Posts: 25,455 Member
    Options
    I love when they say no urgency to go and no discoloration in your stools!
  • givesometogetsome
    givesometogetsome Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    witcherkar wrote: »

24.6 pounds in 14 days. No exercise no logging regular.

I occasionally do 2-week water fasts and don't even lose near that. I'm curious, are you taking diuretics?
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    rainbowbow wrote: »
    tjkita wrote: »
    24lbs in 13 days seems to good to be true. If it does work then why don't doctors recommend it for obese people?

24 pounds in 13 days is less impressive when you consider overall body composition.

Many people neglect the fact that with 100lbs to lose, it is much easier to drop significant amounts of weight. Not to mention much more body to lose water weight from (I hold 7-10lbs of water weight normally).
  • stanmann571
    stanmann571 Posts: 5,728 Member
    Options
    Yes, some of them work.

16 years ago I lost 35 pounds in 30 days using an OTC diet stack that is no longer available OTC. I went from 225 to 190 in the month of January, and kept the weight off for over a year.

During that month, I had more energy than usual, and slept better than usual.

Unfortunately, a year later, my regular workout buddy was injured and about 6 months later I stopped working out as often and gained the weight back(slowly over the next couple years.

If the supplement/stack was still available today, I would use it again. It's not available because some people abused it and used 3-5 times the recommended/necessary dosage in order to get minor benefit over using the standard dose.

No, I won't name the supplement/stack, but it should be pretty obvious which one I'm talking about.
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options
    AnvilHead wrote: »
    Orphia wrote: »
    If you could buy weight loss, Oprah wouldn't be fat.

And she's tried. SO many times. Even had all the "miracle" pills and potions endorsed by Dr. Oz (the ultimate snake oil peddler, who she "created") at her disposal. And she's still fat.

Didn't Oprah get thin again? She looked significantly smaller in her 50 favorite things pictures
  • Samarisa
    Samarisa Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Some worked very well. They got banned. Anything natural/herbal that works in the future? They'll ban it. Then what will you do? Regain the weight, that's what.

You can speculate as to why these bans happen or not if you wish. It's just been my experience after decades of use; from ephedra to methylsynephrine.

If it works? It gets banned.

The issue of tolerance and health concerns also exists. But then again, being very overweight isn't healthy, either.