Do diet pills and fat burners really work?

Options

Replies

• LegacyLion
    LegacyLion Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    AnvilHead wrote: »
    LegacyLion wrote: »
    Contrary to what people have been saying on here, some them work to a point but you still have to put in the same work you would have to if you weren't taking them. I can't say all of them work but the one I used (Shred Jym) helped me get that extra push. However, just don't use them longer than a month or two.

In other words, they don't work.

There's no such thing as a magic pill but the fat burner I used helped me lose a little bit more than when I wasn't using it. I probably wouldn't recommend fat burners because 98% of them are a waste of money but they're some that are legit.
  • Morgaen73
    Morgaen73 Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    I did an experiment. I drank fat burner one week without exercise and I drank fat burner the next week with exercise and lost roughly about the same amount of weight both weeks.

I have no idea if they work or not lol
  • larson_05
    larson_05 Posts: 1 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Most that I have been looking into say you must drink hella water, so in my mind, I'm just going to drink hella water everyday and see how it goes without buying product.
  • witcherkar
    witcherkar Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Morgaen73 wrote: »
    witcherkar wrote: »
    So i work for a health and wellness company. We have 3 products that used together help hou lose weight. One: suppresses appetite and gives you over 30 superfoods. Two: a carb and fat blocker. Three: a thermogenic metabolism booster making you burn double the calories. All natural ingredients. And yes it works. We have real people who have lost weight with it and as long as your not eating mcdonalds 3 times a day, it works. Ive used it. Wait, im still using it!!

Do they come with a "best used in conjunction with a balanced diet and regular exercise" bit?

No actually they dont.
  • witcherkar
    Options
    rainbowbow wrote: »
    So i work for a health and wellness company. We have 3 products that used together help hou lose weight. One: suppresses appetite and gives you over 30 superfoods. Two: a carb and fat blocker. Three: a thermogenic metabolism booster making you burn double the calories. All natural ingredients. And yes it works. We have real people who have lost weight with it and as long as your not eating mcdonalds 3 times a day, it works. Ive used it. Wait, im still using it!!

Hmm, I cant imagine what company it is you work for!

I didnt join the company to sell products and make money. I joined the company after using the products and seeing results. That made me believe in the products. I wanted to help other people too. Please dont bash it.
  • witcherkar
    Options
    CM_73 wrote: »

That sounds very tempting! Can you quickly run through the mechanism by which these magic pills bind fat and carbohydrate to make them indigestible? And no need to go easy on the sciency bit, I'm an analytical chemist :)

Also, the ones that double calorie consumption - I'm no biologist, but I'm assuming the result would be massive amounts of heat? How does the body cope with that? Does RHR rise significantly? What are the effects on the heart?

If these things really did as claimed, has anyone ever survived taking all 3?

Yours in anticipation,

I am not a scientist or a doctor. Im a 21 year old girl who has seen the results on friends, family, and even strangers. Heres is the best i can get for you. And yes everyone has survived all three since i take all 3 too.

I shall start with the first one. The ItWorks Fat Fighters. Two tablets contain the following ingredients:

Chromium dinicotinate glycinate 150 mcg: This reduces blood sugar levels.
    NeOpuntia (cactus leaf) 500 mg: This is actually the prickly pear cactus which somehow binds fat so we dont absorb it.
    Proprietary blend of the following 510 mg
    1. Garcinia cambogia fruit extract: This prevents carbs from turning into fat.
    2. Green tea leaf extract: This has caffeine which is a stimulant.
    3. Phaseolamin: This is the white Kidney Bean Extract. This inhibits a carb digesting enzyme. So it blocks the carbs from being digested. It also reduces appetite by lower ghrelin hormones (the ones that tell you to eat).Also lowers blood sugar and insulin levels.
    5. Bitter melon fruit: This inhibits primary human adipocyte differentiation by modulating adipogenic genes, which increases fat burning.
    6. Banaba leaf extract: This lowers blood sugar and blocks carbs
    7. Gymnema sylvestre leaf extract: This also lowers blood sugar
    8. Wheat amalyase inhibitor: amalyase is an enzyme that helps us absorb carbs. So an inhibitor would make us not.
    9. Vanadium: Also reduces blood sugar

The 2nd one is the thermofit.
    Ingredients:
    1. B12- Boost Energy
    2. Chromium- Already talked about
    3. Capsaicin- This comes from hot peppers. It reduces appetite and speeds up fat burning.
    4. Capsimax- This is a type of Capsaicin which causes sensations of heat and burning because it promotes the release of substance P.
    5. Raspberry Keytones- doubled with Capsimax makes it stronger.
    6. Acai Fruit Extract- superfood that lowers blood sugar
    7. Green tea extract- already talked about
    8. Bitter melon- already talked about
    9. Dandelion root- direuretic
    10. Gymnema Leaf Extract- already talked about
    11. Niacin- increases body temp
  • witcherkar
    Options
    @witcherkar if these pills do what you claim why are you on this website? From your avatar it would seem that you have a fair bit of progress to make before you can start selling miracle weight loss products.

Because it takes time just like everything else. Plus i lose motivation and stop. Plus i have binge eating disorder. Im not saying they are miracle weightloss pills. Im saying that they really do help. I wish yall would stop attacking me.