30 Day Shred start date 7/10/2011

Options

Replies

• ljacksn3
    ljacksn3 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Are people still doing this? I just finished Day 2 of Level 1. I feel more strong than I did yesterday doing it. When Jillian Michaels said that the pain you feel is fear leaving your body, if that's the case then my body must have been scared ****less. There isn't a single muscle on me that isn't hurting. I think I love it!

How are the rest of you doing?

We're still doing it! For me it's going well. Getting a little difficult when I'm tired from work, but I find the motivation from this page and from the people I've added as friends.

Thanks guys for the support!
  • chachou115
    Options
    Id love to join this group:-) Is it too late?
  • SunnyDispo619
    Options
    Day 6, level 1 done! Yay! The first three days were definitely more difficult than the last two have been, but I'm still sweating and by no means ready for level 2!
  • SunnyDispo619
    Options

No - start...many people are on differently days...some ahead, some not. Feel free to join...add some of the folks in this thread too, for motivation. :)
  • kimnaaron4ever
    Options
    Looks like I forgot to post in this thread yesterday, so...
    7/14/11 Level one/Day four...Done! Had to take one 5 second breather, but that's an accomplishment for me, I usually take at least three!

Today:
    Level One/Day five...Done! Whoohooo! I didn't have to take a single breather! Yay me!:bigsmile:
  • AnotherMichelle
    AnotherMichelle Posts: 110 Member
    Options

No - start...many people are on differently days...some ahead, some not. Feel free to join...add some of the folks in this thread too, for motivation. :)

Yep! Feel free to join! Im on day 7 today. Anyone who wants- should feel free to add me :)
  • BananaBee3
    BananaBee3 Posts: 224
    Options
    ALMOS skipped out on the workout today...my tummy was feeling weird and I didn't think all the jumping would be comfortable, but I did it anyway and it actually made my tummy feel BETTER, so I'm super gald I did it!

Everyone is doing SO great! Keep pushing through!

I'm excited to have this weekend off, so I'll be able to do this workout plus running and maybe spend some time at the gym...and take my dog for a walk here and there...I hope the weather stays nice!

I would love to do Ripped in 30 for Aug/Sept! I want to get her Yoga Meltdown DVD too...that one would be easier for me to do at work. Does anyone else use any of her other DVDs?
  • WalkingGirl1985
    WalkingGirl1985 Posts: 2,047 Member
    Options
    Did Day 6, Level 1 just now! Legs are hurting a bit..ouch!

I'm also planning on buying Ripped in 30 and hoping to start September 1st..I should be done with the 30DS by August 10..and taking a break..till Sept 1 to do Ripped in 30..hopefully I can find it somewhere, and start up with you guys. :smile:
  • jj1983
    jj1983 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I started on the 10th and didn't even know this thread was here!! I am fairly new to MFP and am finding it so motivational. So tonight is shred # 6 for me, and I cant wait!
  • hgellings
    hgellings Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Which muscles hurt most for you guys? I notice my thighs and arms are the most sore... I feel like I'm getting good 1 minute ab workouts in, but my tummy muscles don't hurt much. Anybody else notice that?
  • ShellyLee
    ShellyLee Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Which muscles hurt most for you guys? I notice my thighs and arms are the most sore... I feel like I'm getting good 1 minute ab workouts in, but my tummy muscles don't hurt much. Anybody else notice that?

While I'm doing the workout my shoulders hurt the most (side lunge with anterior raises!)... but for the after it seems to be my calves from that stupid jump rope and somewhat the jumping jacks. I don't think it's so much muscle ache as they are just really tight. I rode the horse this afternoon (heels down instead of up lol) and they seem much better after that as they had to stretch in order to get my heels down. I still need to do L1D4.. on my way to do that now before it gets too much later!!
  • amylynn48
    amylynn48 Posts: 26 Member
    Options

Come join us! Feel free to add me as a friend!!
  • NicoleK01
    NicoleK01 Posts: 11
    Options
    Ohh can I join?

Did Level 1- day 2 today

Was sore all day, almost did my usual and give up looked at threads on here and did it despite the pain!

Managed to do the whole thing with no breather (had a short one yesterday), and didnt collapse in a pile of exhaustion at the end so theres an improvement already.

Was feeling fantastic - but now OMG my calves have siezed up. Had a bath and laying in bed now - am hoping they release by morning. Walking is painful!

Please tell me it normal and gets better!!
  • jaeone
    jaeone Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    Level 1 day 6 down! Took a day off yesterday! Unlike some, the day off did me good! (Even though I missed doing it and all day wish I had!) I was back on track this morning.
  • jaeone
    jaeone Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    Ohh can I join?

Did Level 1- day 2 today

Was sore all day, almost did my usual and give up looked at threads on here and did it despite the pain!

Managed to do the whole thing with no breather (had a short one yesterday), and didnt collapse in a pile of exhaustion at the end so theres an improvement already.

Was feeling fantastic - but now OMG my calves have siezed up. Had a bath and laying in bed now - am hoping they release by morning. Walking is painful!

Please tell me it normal and gets better!!

All this is normal!! Yes it gets better! Don't give up! You are stronger than you think!
  • Luckysusan
    Luckysusan Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    Day 8 Level1 completed. This was the easiest day so far for me.
  • NotGoddess
    NotGoddess Posts: 1,198 Member
    Options
    L1D7 - I didn't wimp on anything today. I'm so proud.

Abs are the easy ones for me (I can't believe I'm saying that), so I'm going to take some advice from previous posts and buy a 6-8lb medicine ball. And I might pick up some 5lb weights for everything -but- the anterior raises. Those still knock me out with 3lb weights.
  • NotGoddess
    NotGoddess Posts: 1,198 Member
    Options
    After tonight just 25 more to go. I'm really hoping to do it without a break, but we'll see. Anyone interested in taking a week or so off after the Shred and then trying to do a Ripped challenge for August/September?

Maybe, if I'm still alive then. :)
  • BananaBee3
    Options
    L1D5 done! I think from now on, I'm going to do whatever ab moves I can on the exercise ball I have...at least for L1. We'll see what L2 has in store lol.

I got my dad and stepmom in town today, so we're going to be walking around a lot today...it'll feel good to enjoy the nice summer weather :)
  • BananaBee3
    Options
    Day 6, level 1 done! Yay! The first three days were definitely more difficult than the last two have been, but I'm still sweating and by no means ready for level 2!

I betcha in 4 days you will be :wink: