True Confessions - Don't Judge

Options

Replies

• km8907
    km8907 Posts: 3,861 Member
    Options
    Thank y'all. I didn't mean to fish for compliments lol I feel like my self esteem has gotten a lot better but every now and then you see someone's gorgeous selfie or a kid you used to babysit gets engaged and you're still single just kinda gives me the blahs.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    km8907 wrote: »
    Thank y'all. I didn't mean to fish for compliments lol I feel like my self esteem has gotten a lot better but every now and then you see someone's gorgeous selfie or a kid you used to babysit gets engaged and you're still single just kinda gives me the blahs.

I did not either.. but you learn who your friends and supporters are for sure!

Personally I thought my confession would be mulled over and skipped. I have received a great deal of support. I would only like to give back if I can!
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options
    RoxieDawn wrote: »
    I confess that the selfie threads intimidate me a lot. Every morning I lurk in that thread and see great selfies and great posts people say about each others selfies, but I cannot bring myself to ever to do it.. There I finally said it, been feeling like this for months now.

I totally understand this.. I have posted a few awhile ago... I felt worse than better afterwards.. It felt just like a popularity contest. I know it's all in my head but I probably won't post one ever again.

gosh are you in my head? I am wondering if I will feel worse too... :)

Just send them all to me through kik. I'll build that confidence right up

You admit to kiking?

No shame in my game. My *kitten* pics aren't going to send themselves
    tjiddy wrote: »
    I confess that the selfie threads intimidate me a lot. Every morning I lurk in that thread and see great selfies and great posts people say about each others selfies, but I cannot bring myself to ever to do it.. There I finally said it, been feeling like this for months now.

I totally understand this.. I have posted a few awhile ago... I felt worse than better afterwards.. It felt just like a popularity contest. I know it's all in my head but I probably won't post one ever again.

I get it too. I post in there once in a while knowing that I'll largely be ignored. But, I do it for me. I feel like if I'm too intimidated to post, they win. If you feel like putting up a selfie, do it. Half of them are filtered or photoshopped anyway.

Ok first of all @GnothiSeauton23 your dick sends me pics of itself ALL the time. And @tjiddy not half my pics are filtered....ALL of them are and sometimes I may just use a person I find on google if I'm having a bad lipstick day.

That's cause you've subscribed to the mailing list.

I thought all mfp was on your mailing list ...I particularly liked the last mail out of rooster with a bow ..very Christmassy
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,369 Member
    Options

I don't think you were fishing for compliments. You made a valid confession. everyone feels not pretty at times it's just life and I can see people being intimidated by selfies because unless you are part of a certain group or post a certain type of picture they're often overlooked. but hey you're beautiful. I say so! not that that means anything but I'm sure many others agree
  • slimgirljo15
    Options
    synchkat wrote: »

I don't think you were fishing for compliments. You made a valid confession. everyone feels not pretty at times it's just life and I can see people being intimidated by selfies because unless you are part of a certain group or post a certain type of picture they're often overlooked. but hey you're beautiful. I say so! not that that means anything but I'm sure many others agree

Exactly Ali...
  • synchkat
    Options
    Can I confess I'm really pissed off about this stupid toe. It was the first day this week and in like 4 weeks that I could really go skate and since I bashed it I couldn't. Sometimes I really hate being a klutz
  • RoxieDawn
    Options
    Can I confess I'm really pissed off about this stupid toe. It was the first day this week and in like 4 weeks that I could really go skate and since I bashed it I couldn't. Sometimes I really hate being a klutz

Yes you can confess here! Scream and yell, just don't throw the phone.. Let it out! Let it out!
  • synchkat
    Options

Yes you can confess here! Scream and yell, just don't throw the phone.. Let it out! Let it out!

haha thanks but i'm on the computer right now I'm not throwing that thing it's too big
    seriously though I don't think it's broken this time but twice in a year is a bit much for damaging a toe
  • RoxieDawn
    Options

haha thanks but i'm on the computer right now I'm not throwing that thing it's too big
    seriously though I don't think it's broken this time but twice in a year is a bit much for damaging a toe

No do not throw the computer.. Ouch! :#

Elevate that sucker and ice it but you can still cuss at it too and us if it will make you feel better!
  • angelxsss
    angelxsss Posts: 2,402 Member
    Options
    I just made a shadowbox with my grandpa. The corners don't fit together very well, and I'm pretty bummed about it, but I don't want to tell him.
  • Caporegiem
    Caporegiem Posts: 4,297 Member
    Options
    angelxsss wrote: »
    I just made a shadowbox with my grandpa. The corners don't fit together very well, and I'm pretty bummed about it, but I don't want to tell him.

Salvage it with lots of wood filler and sanding?
  • angelxsss
    angelxsss Posts: 2,402 Member
    Options
    Caporegiem wrote: »

Yeah I'm gonna sand it to hell
  • Caporegiem
    Caporegiem Posts: 4,297 Member
    Options
    Caporegiem wrote: »

Yeah I'm gonna sand it to hell

That's my secret to fixing pretty much everything.
  • Hey_Its_That_One_Guy
    Hey_Its_That_One_Guy Posts: 21,768 Member
    Options
    I confess I've always disliked the holidays.
  • JamestheLiar
    JamestheLiar Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    nolan44219 wrote: »
    I also confess I don't want to go to my stepmother's house for Christmas tonight. We will have to listen to one of my siblings that she feels lives a righteous life read from the book of Luke about the birth of Jesus and hear her cry when she discusses it. :| . I may go to hell but I've seen this movie at least 30 times. :)

True Christians believe there is actual power in those words as they are read. The amazing thing is that the story is just as familiar to your stepmother as it is to you ... maybe even more familiar, but in spite of that, she still ponders the mind-blowing hugeness of those words and it brings her to tears.

I'd suggest (without judgment if you can believe that) ... maybe she's hearing something that you're missing?
  • synchkat
    Options
    I also confess I don't want to go to my stepmother's house for Christmas tonight. We will have to listen to one of my siblings that she feels lives a righteous life read from the book of Luke about the birth of Jesus and hear her cry when she discusses it. :| . I may go to hell but I've seen this movie at least 30 times. :)

True Christians believe there is actual power in those words as they are read. The amazing thing is that the story is just as familiar to your stepmother as it is to you ... maybe even more familiar, but in spite of that, she still ponders the mind-blowing hugeness of those words and it brings her to tears.

I'd suggest (without judgment if you can believe that) ... maybe she's hearing something that you're missing?

Perhaps he's not a true Christian. Not everyone believes these words
  • slimgirljo15
    Options

I confess to being super happy to see you ..
    Hugs :*
  • JamestheLiar
    JamestheLiar Posts: 148 Member
    Options

Perhaps he's not a true Christian. Not everyone believes these words

Nobody believes them, until one day they just ... do. That's the power I was talking about.
  • synchkat
    Options

I confess to being super happy to see you ..
    Hugs :*

ME TOO!!!! I missed my little brother