ROW the WORLD - Team Jack SparRow Row Row (CLOSED GROUP)

Options

Replies

• srp2011
    srp2011 Posts: 1,829 Member
    Options
    Holy cow guys, the person who we kidnapped (From Flying Evil Monkeys) burned 3438 cals. By. Themselves. :noway:

so was it Kobe? Lebron? it's estimated that top NBA players burn around 3000 calories playing a complete game. Those guys are sprinting flat out up and down the basketball court, they are in perfect physical condition, world class athletes, etc. etc. 3438 calories? Maybe, (but I call b*llsh*t)...

Use their number, though...

I've got to agree - when I see really huge exercise numbers, I really wonder... that's going to take hours and that just isn't feasible for most people, although there may be people out there who have the time for it. I also wonder when I see people have several hours of swimming and are posting huge numbers - swimming is really hard work, and very few people are going to do it that long (I have one friend who's training for a triathalon and she's not posting those kinds of numbers) - I always wonder if 'leisurely' splashing around and lounging in the pool is being counted as 'leisurely swimming' ... But in the end, folks are only cheating themselves if they are doing that...
  • run_momma_run
    Options
    I don't typically get 1000 from a single workout either; or if I do it's because I just keep going until I hit 1000...

But not today - July 15: 810 calories = 16.2 miles.
  • srp2011
    Options
    Triple day tomorrow! I was going to rest, but no way now

I hope EVERY SINGLE PERSON on this team gets some major calories in tomorrow, we all had advanced notice.

I'm still trying to figure out what to do tomorrow - I have a race Sunday morning, so I can't do a long run or anything that will make me excessively sore... maybe an elliptical workout? with some swimming? Really wish they had picked Sunday for triple day because that would have been easy :-)
  • wilsonshome
    wilsonshome Posts: 100
    Options

But in the end, folks are only cheating themselves if they are doing that...

Exactly right! :laugh:
  • CaWaterBug8
    CaWaterBug8 Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    1561 Cal Burned for 7-14-11. So . . . that is 31.22 Mi It was double right? Just kidnap?
  • wilsonshome
    Options
    July 15 - 660 calories (13.2 miles)
  • findingfit23
    findingfit23 Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    7/15
    767 calories on the elliptical, 15.34 miles
  • amsparky
    amsparky Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    Look at those numbers!!!

I hope no one thought I was questioning them - I'm not. I was just hoping to see what your routine is to have such a high burn. I am to the point now where if I really push myself (and I feel like I do push myself hard most of the time) I can burn 600-800 cals in less than 2 hours in the gym. I am just looking for more ways to torture myself. :laugh:

As for the other boats, I think there are some with a bunch of runners or something...though if you work out and then play in a sports league, I could totally see it.

Do what you can and let's make the most of it!!! :)
  • fh1951
    fh1951 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    July 15: 431 calories
  • srp2011
    Options
    July 14 - 514 calories - I made it over 500 - yippee!
  • becca0211
    becca0211 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    July 15th: 215 calories

Its my rest day today. Hopefully I'll be able to get an awesome burn tomorrow for triple day!
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    Nice work srp!!
    My triple day plan came off: 11km run, 850 cals. I'll check in offcially tonight, I might fit in a walk later for a few more cals :)
  • charitydc
    charitydc Posts: 106
    Options
    Had a crazy day! But mostly in the good sense. Needless to say I took this as a rest day...Triple tomorrow, BABY!
  • charitydc
    charitydc Posts: 106
    Options
    MindyLynn would like my to post her calorie burn cuz her internet is down :(

MIndyLynn July 15th: 748 cal= 14.9 miles WOO HOO!
  • CaWaterBug8
    CaWaterBug8 Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    I think I've decided that July 15 is my rest day. I feel like I may have gone a lil too hard on the ankles/shoulders the past few days and I soo don't want to injure myself before tomorrow.
    I'm going to kill triple days tomorrow if it kils me!haha :)
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I hope you have a great triple day :).
    I'm officially posting now - July 16: 850 cals (so proud of myself for running 11km!)
  • wilsonshome
    Options
    July 16 - 655 calories = 13.1 miles
    13.1 miles X 3 = 39.3 miles
  • srp2011
    Options
    July 16 - 600 calories (running, swimming, biking). It's just too darn hot to do more so at this point I'll post this because I'm going out - there's an off chance I may get a little more in later tonight if I get home early, and if so, I'll post updated numbers...

BTW, my post above where I had 514 was actually July 15, not the day before :-)
  • becca0211
    becca0211 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    July 16th: 902 calories = 18.04 miles x 3 = 54.12 miles

Good job today everyone!
  • fh1951
    fh1951 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    July 16: 1382 calories