ROW the WORLD - Team Jack SparRow Row Row (CLOSED GROUP)

Options

Replies

• fh1951
    fh1951 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    July 9, still on sick leave
  • amsparky
    amsparky Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    Anyone else have cals for today? C'mon guys - we can do this!!!!
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    July 10: 182 cals

Rest day today, just a few little walks in there.
    Good night all.
  • srp2011
    srp2011 Posts: 1,829 Member
    Options
    Didn't get a chance to post yesterday, but I did workout!

July 9 - 280 calories

Now to start working on today's...
  • srp2011
    Options
    Just saw that Tuesday will be a double points day, and next Saturday a triple points day, so plan ahead :-)
  • amsparky
    Options
    Just saw that Tuesday will be a double points day, and next Saturday a triple points day, so plan ahead :-)

Thanks for posting this...already planning accordingly!
  • becca0211
    becca0211 Posts: 250 Member
    Options

Thanks for posting! That one of my big work out days! Looking forward to lots of miles that day :smile:
  • becca0211
    becca0211 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    July 10th: 707 calories = 14.14 miles
  • fh1951
    Options
    July 10: 1254 calories

ahoy, nearly back to 100%, shipmates!
  • charitydc
    charitydc Posts: 106
    Options
    Well hello all!

July 10th: 924 calores burned = 18.5 miles :flowerforyou:
  • amsparky
    Options
    Hey all!

Had a decent jog today; was able to burn 686 today. Adding up totals now... :)
  • amsparky
    Options
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Recorded up to here.

Quick question/advice needed: We have several crew members have not reported cals for several days. First of all, I am NOT referring to anyone who posts late or has been ill or anything like that. Not at all. I just hate being the mean person emailing all the time for info. Part of me wants to treat it like a game (which it is) and just replace without worrying about offending. Part of me wants to just be patient - maybe something happened, maybe they were too sick for the computer, etc.

Any suggestions? Again, I can put my foot down and just start booting people, but then what if they have some sort of weird circumstance?

To the majority who always post, thank you! You make this much easier. I am a very competitive person, so to see us so far behind is tough, especially when we have so many zeroes.

Thanks for letting me vent guys! :)
  • fh1951
    Options
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Recorded up to here.

Quick question/advice needed: We have several crew members have not reported cals for several days. First of all, I am NOT referring to anyone who posts late or has been ill or anything like that. Not at all. I just hate being the mean person emailing all the time for info. Part of me wants to treat it like a game (which it is) and just replace without worrying about offending. Part of me wants to just be patient - maybe something happened, maybe they were too sick for the computer, etc.

Any suggestions? Again, I can put my foot down and just start booting people, but then what if they have some sort of weird circumstance?

To the majority who always post, thank you! You make this much easier. I am a very competitive person, so to see us so far behind is tough, especially when we have so many zeroes.

Thanks for letting me vent guys! :)

as captain you can establish a policy for this if you like. you might consider posting some guidelines for crew members to stay on the boat. as long as people know what's expected they can make the decision to comply (or not) and if they don't, and find themselves off the boat, it won't come as a surprise. this is supposed to be fun and you certainly shouldn't have to be a babysitter (captain is enough responsibility). we are all adults.
  • srp2011
    Options
    July 10 - 336 calories

I agree with fh1951 - I think if you post some general "Rules of the Boat" as fair warning, then if folks don't comply they walk the gangplank :-) It's not fair to those of us who are rowing our little arms off to fall behind because others are not rowing at all AND not letting the captain know what the deal is, and when they'll be back. People get sick, travel, have life stuff happen, and that is all understandable as long as they have the courtesy to email you or post to the group and say "hey gang, I'm going to be out this week, but I'll be back on "x date" or a simple email to you to say something major came up in their lives and they can't play, or whatever. Or, if you're taking a rest day (which is totally acceptable and healthy), just let folks know that's what you're doing and that you haven't fallen overboard. The big problem is when folks don't communicate at all.
  • amsparky
    Options
    Cool - thanks for the support guys, mucho appreciated!!! :)
  • run_momma_run
    Options
    Hi all,

July 10th already - isn't that crazy?!?! Day 2 of 30 day shred is all for me. I'm not sure I'll be able to move tomorrow let alone try that again... geez. Jillian is crazy - level 2 is quite a jump up imo...

So anyway, 280 cals for me today = 5 miles. I had a sleep-in day for once in about 3-4 weeks, so it was well deserved and really quite nice. (Sleep-in for me means 8am... lol)

I hope everyone has a lovely evening and I'll be back to my high burn tomorrow! Any special double days coming up we need to know about???

Oh, and I agree that you should just set a guideline and then follow through. Personally, I think 3 days no communication should be your cutoff. Replace and move forward. :smile:
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    July 11: 341 cals.
    A splashy run in the rain today :smile:
  • wilsonshome
    wilsonshome Posts: 100
    Options
    July 11 - 563 calories: 11.26 miles
  • findingfit23
    findingfit23 Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    7/11 887 cals, 17.54 miles

I totally agree about booting people not responding. I was really mad that I worked so hard on double mile day and half the team didnt show up.
    I dont like losing! :)
  • run_momma_run
    Options
    Ditto that - I'm runnin' my butt off here and I want people to play along!!

July 11th - 1040 calories - didn't realize I was so close to another 50 otherwise I woulda kept going a bit!!

Have a good one!!