ROW the WORLD - Team Jack SparRow Row Row (CLOSED GROUP)

Options
Calorie counting starts today! :)

Here's our team - let's all friend each other!

1. Kennie123
2. txbabes1
3. healthysmiles
4. ashleypietz
5. rheagansmom
6. CaWaterBug8
7. charitydc
8. becca0211
9. srp2011
10. Rubybelle
11. fh1951 - AWESOME song posted!!!
12. amsparky
13. agirlfromminnesota
14. whats_her_name
15. Barbara_Wilson

I will need you to send me your miles *daily* and I will add it to the spreadsheet. I am on summer vacation, so I will try to do one final check before bed (I am MST), but if I miss you, I can add your cals/miles to the following day.

LET'S DO THIS!!!

Here's the basics:

You will need to report calories daily. If you can report in the following manner:

Date: calories

This way if you are in a different time zone (or across the pond) I can keep track.

The rules are here:
http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/277355-row-the-world-rules-and-questions-please-bump

Here is the map to show our progress:
http://maps.google.co.uk/maps/ms?msid=204655860575059420912.0004a634fce3156d39f06&msa=0&ll=49.876938,-5.350342&spn=2.063771,4.938354

We are counting your daily calorie burn. Every 50 calories is a mile. Then our little boat will move on the map. :)

I'm sure there are questions, so please ask on the new thread. Sorry if there is any confusion - I promise I am doing my best! :)

Replies

• kennie2
    kennie2 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    01/07/11 : 458 :)

sorry forgot to add my cleaning in lol
  • CaWaterBug8
    CaWaterBug8 Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    Awesome! No confusion yet - everyone almost added, but I do hope to get my cals to you in time. I'm PST and I usually do my hard/longer wrk outs @ about 8pm to 12am where I live and usually get it reported from 12am to 2am depending. So I hope to work something out so that I don't mess us up!
  • kennie2
    kennie2 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    oh btw the picture if you want it is test.jpg
    but obviously use little letters for image
  • amsparky
    amsparky Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    Have two members cals so far... let's get that burn!!! :)
  • healthysmiles
    healthysmiles Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    1\7\2011 = 307 cals burnt = 6 miles !!!
  • amsparky
    Options
    Three members and 27 miles - YAY!!! :drinker:
  • fh1951
    fh1951 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    uh oh

14 young honeys and one old salt on this cruise

i'm heading to the back of the boat and keeping my mouth shut
  • amsparky
    Options
    fh1951 - or you can just keep calling us young... LOL That totally works for me!
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone, I wonder how far we can row today?

My numbers for 1 July: 395 cals = 7.9 miles

I'm Bella from Western Australia and I'm loving being called a young honey - keep that up FH and we will get out boat moving just on hot air!
    I'm having a lazy Saturday morning - for a little while, then I'm going to try to dogde the rain showers and head out for a run.
  • run_momma_run
    Options
    July 1st: 1425 calories!! (ohhhhhhhhhhhh yeah, baby!!!)

That's 4.5 miles on the treadmill, hip hop abs, 30 day shred and an afternoon strolling through the park. Go Team SparRow!! :smile:

I'm Karrie from Canada, and I'm goin' hard in July, so this is the perfect time for this challenge -- I'm gonna rock it!!

I will friend everyone later tonight when I have a little downtime. But now I have to make some supper!
  • amsparky
    Options
    HOLY COW!!

After 6 reporting, we are at 70 miles!!!

Aw yeah, baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • fh1951
    fh1951 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    I'm Bella from Western Australia and I'm loving being called a young honey - keep that up FH and we will get out boat moving just on hot air!

my specialty
  • becca0211
    becca0211 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    July 1: 476 calories = 9.5 miles

Row, Row, Row - I may have to watch Pirates tonight :-)
  • Rheagansmom
    Rheagansmom Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    July 1st: 367 cal =7.34 miles. come on boat lets move!!
  • srp2011
    srp2011 Posts: 1,829 Member
    Options
    July 1 - 316 calories

I'm Susan from Texas, and I don't mind being called a young honey either :blushing: It's been awhile. I kind of slacked off in May and June, but I'm ready to work hard in July - I have a bunch of 5Ks coming up (one tomorrow morning, in fact), and I'm determined to break the 30 minute mark this year, so I need to start training harder. This is just the push I need - I'm looking forward to "rowing" with all of you!

Go SparRow Row Rows!
  • wilsonshome
    wilsonshome Posts: 100
    Options
    July 1, 2011 - 388 calories!!

Hey Susan, where is Tx are you? I'm in Allen about 20 miles north of Dallas.

Jack Spar Team, I just started MFP two weeks ago but I have already lost more in these last two weeks than I have in the last 15 years. 6 pounds is huge to me. I think mainly because I've never had to loose weight before so it has been a battle for me. I am so ready for this challenge.

Barbara
  • srp2011
    srp2011 Posts: 1,829 Member
    Options

Hey Susan, where is Tx are you? I'm in Allen about 20 miles north of Dallas.

Barbara - I'm in Dallas!
  • charitydc
    charitydc Posts: 106
    Options
    Ok I have the dumbest question...How do I add our Jack SparRow Row Banner to my signature :( ....
    The race is on people! Shipmates, Let's ROCK this!

Charity
  • charitydc
    charitydc Posts: 106
    Options
    LOL! I figured it out! Today's miles 15.2 miles for 761 calories burned :happy:
  • Rheagansmom
    Rheagansmom Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I need to add another 5 miles for today. I think that brings me to 12.34