WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR DECEMBER 2016

Options

Replies

• klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    Morning! spent yesterday being a tourist in NYC with DD, yep Christmas windows, Rockefeller Christmas tree, hot chocolate (none for me) while watching the skaters in Bryant park (right by the ny library). We also found a terrific Ramen place and walked to a fun place called Eataly, basically a mega food court/market for Italian specialties - so full from lunch and crowded with people we didn't even sit down. All in all about 15,000 steps and a lovely time with DD. DH is still babying a bad cold and hibernating, all I do for him is make tea and leave him be.

Looking forward to a visit from our nephew and I am feeling my annual cleaning, decluttering extravaganza coming on.

I know that this week will fly by but I want to enjoy the down time--actually slept in and didn't get up at 4:00 a.m. As usual woohoo.

Strength to those needing it today.
    NYKAREN

• lhannon062709
    lhannon062709 Posts: 1,140 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Morning all...

Allie - no advice, honey, just hugs. I wanted out of my marriage so badly that I took 60 percent of our debt with me, which was a mistake financially, but the right call for how I felt afterward. Just protect yourself, and wait until the anger settles down a little before you make major life decisions.

Joyce - thinking about you, sweetie. Keep us posted.

Barbie - ditto. Hope the meds help the dizziness!

We put up an iron fence all day yesterday for my niece, so her lovely pup will be secure and can run loose during the day instead of being in a small kennel. Had such fun working together, and one more day today will see it all finished. The DH was amazing, couldn't have done it without him. Told him I'd never found him sexier than when he was pounding in T-posts. :) So cool...

Love y'all,
    Lisa in Oklahoma at the moment, back to West Texas on Wednesday
  • Ann262
    Ann262 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I ladies! I haven't checked in for a few days and there are 577 new posts! Wow! For sure I am not going to read through them all!

Between my abcess and not being able to exercise and the holiday, I just threw in the towel on logging but getting back on track today.

We did have a lovely Christmas. I hope you all had a wonderful holiday too!
  • Lilymay2
    Lilymay2 Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    ❤❤
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,060 Member
    Options
    Joyce your health comes first. Hope they figure what is wrong quickly, and you feel well enough for the family gathering. If not they will understand. Prayers.

Gayle sounds like quite the gathering. The Twins Cities were luckier than out state. I did go out in that rain to get most of the ice off our driveway. It is not perfect,but so much better had I done nothing.

Carol thoughts and prayers are with you today. Hope the service goes well.

Allie
    I have had students who would look me square in the eye after doing something outrageous and act as if it was my problem. "What did I do?" My answer to that is they were acting from a good offense is a good defense. They were masters at manipulation, so they were not held accountable. They acted this way so I would doubt myself, and my perception as to what happened.

I agree finding another way home is best. Could you fly, so you get back first? You have the strength to get through this.

I think Mary and Lenora gave you very sound advice. Mary because she went through something similar, and Lenora because she worked in the legal system.

Just saw the time you posted. As hard as this is, it is not worth your health. My prayers include you getting the rest you need, so it gives you the strength to make decisions that are best for you.

Speaking of rest I finally got a couple nights of much better sleep, so I feel like a new person. When I tried to sleep at night knee pain kept waking me up. I tried taking an over the counter pain med with minimal results. I learned this is common with knee pain. What finally worked for me was to sleep on a couch where I could lean the bad knee against the back of the couch. My next plan is to work on my diet, because I know I have been eating foods that aggravate it. Regaining those pounds is a big part of the problem too. I thought I learned that when I had that ankle pain. That is what motivated me to lose before.

If I had gone to the doctor he would have probably given me a cortisone shot. It would work in the short term,but it would not get to the root of the problem.

:heart: Margaret

• KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,830 Member
    Options
    Good morning! Happy Tuesday! I spent the past two days just relaxing and enjoying my child free home. I managed to walk each day. Yesterday was unusually warm (50 degrees!) and the sun came out! I got out and walked five miles and just let the sun shine on me! A sunny day during a Michigan Winter? Best Christmas gift I got! I did spin a bit while I walked and some neighbors drove by and honked! LOL! It feels good to do it and I think it makes people laugh to see an old lady spinning, all alone, on a sunny day!
    Rori- Love the kitty greeting cards! "From my tree to yours..."
    Allie- thinking of you as you sort out and begin this new path in life! Tom has been very hurtful to you, and to find this message from/to a woman; I am sure I would not believe his statement that "nothing has happened between them." AND in my mind, the intent is there. Sex is just sex. For me the betrayal is the lies, the confiding in some one other than your spouse, and the disrespect he has been showing you. *sigh* Good advice from the others, I am not going to give you any as I have not been through this and my advice would only be "what I would do"; and we all know it is easy to think what you would do, until you actually go through it, you never really know. <3
    Carol- Sending comforting hugs and love to you as you say goodbye to your mom. <3

I am enjoying reading how everyone is celebrating their holidays. Small and quiet, loud and crowded, home or away. Makes me happy to see the different ways. For some of us, it is a day to just be still. Because yesterday, Boxing Day, was a "holiday" for our mail carriers, garbage pick up, etc. Those gifts will be dispersed as they show up this week. Today I have some gloves, home made hot cocoa mix, a to go mug, and a Starbucks card in the mailbox for our carrier. Tomorrow, I will leave the same (but heavier gloves) for our garbage man. I am off, today, to spend some time with my sister. She is currently living in a lodge connected to the hospital where she is getting daily therapy (OT, PT and ST) to help keep her brain stimulated and active as long as possible. The tumor has grown, however, and it is affecting her personality and her body functions/control. She is becoming aggressive and oppositional/stubborn. She has made it months longer than the docs originally predicted and we are grateful for that time. This last week has been hard, because she has begun to wander off during the night. She is in a facility that isn't a "home" with around the clock care, it is a lodge like Ronald MacDonald House. So, there is no one to stop her from leaving. We have asked for a psych eval so that she might be referred to hospice care. We are hoping that they can do that for us today. My brothers have been taking turns staying with the past couple of days so that her boyfriend could have some time with his kids. I will be with her today. I am planning to bring some manicure stuff, so I can do her fingers and toes, if she wants. I will also bring some simple board games, a deck of cards, and my computer so we can look up some funny stuff to laugh at or music to listen to.
    Well, going to sign off and get some things done for me/my family, so I can head into GR to spend the day with sissy and not have a list of things to be done on my mind! xoxoxo KJ (Kelly)

Welcome new girls!
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    Love and {{{{{hugs}}}}} to all of you who have been ill or going through personal upheavals in your lives. We'll be starting a 'new year' here shortly and may the New Year bring you a lot of joy and rest and calm down your lives and make it a lot better. You don't get a rainbow until the storms passes. That is a present you'll be in and know that seeing it has allowed you to walk through the storm to the other side of it. God be with you!

Lenora
  • sallyjchapman
    sallyjchapman Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    First time doing this and I don't really need to lose weight except for a couple of pounds I gained but I really need to maintain my weight. I was forced into early retirement in April when the company I worked for closed and I am finding it very hard not to gain weight now that I don't work. I just turned 63 last month. I'm exercising most days but I do better on a program.
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    KJL ~ Prayers and healing thoughts for your sister. I am so sorry and know how stressful it is for you, your sibs, and her boyfriend. But, love for her will overcome the stress and worry.

Also, I don't know your name. Please remind me.

Carol
  • KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,830 Member
    Options
    Thank you Carol. My name is Kelly.
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,727 Member
    Options
    Morning again Ladies~
    I had a cute fairy garden that is a beach one with a palm tree i grew with beach chairs and such.. and gave it to my new friend Babby and she just loved it.. know it will love its new Florida Home rather than It living up in cold New England.
    Tom has gone off to find a real estate agent , we own a lot down here in North Port and that is the first thing we will get rid of. and I will ask for 1/2 of the money to pay attorney fee's
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,878 Member
    Options
    Good start Allie! Be sure to document/ keep paperwork/ write down all verbal agreements/thoughts/etc from Tom.

Pic from my walk yesterday. I like to look for beauty in nature wherever I am.

• fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Options
    Allie- don't let Tom get a realtor to sell anything. My girlfriend's husband got a realtor who happened to be a friend of his and they worked out a deal where he got a cash settlement besides what was on paper. Purposely to hide the money from his soon to be ex-wife. Luckily she found out about this when her lawyer saw how undervalued the sale of the property was when she asked him to look at the papers she was to sign for the sale of the property. Her lawyer then took control and she was the one that sold both of their properties. I believe that most lawyers will work for you and expect to get paid after your divorce. I never had to pay until my divorce was final. You should tell Tom that you will take care of the sale of the lot in Florida. Lawyer up and you take charge. Force yourself to be the one that is in charge. Take the control away from him. The lawyer will help you do this. Go through both houses and look for hidden money. Have your lawyer check for safety deposit boxes at area banks at home as well as in Florida. Especially Florida. From past post he sounds very money oriented and I would think that he would have a big stash that he is hiding from you. Just know that we are all here to support you.

<3

Mary from Minnesota
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,257 Member
    Options
    Hi all!
    Phew! :D<3
    Sorry to read of difficult times, marriages, bereavements, illnesses etc. Love each and every one of you.

Family gone. Miss the little ones already, but not missing all the food prep, washing up, cleaning up, etc etc etc. :o
    The dinner was fabulous. :D Took ages to get cleared up afterwards - the next morning!
    Been cleaning Bea's high chair. Yuk!! <3

My elder son arrived in time for lunch with his niece's and nephew, but is now collapsed up in his room, having spent Christmas with teenagers. We are going to the pub for dinner.
    Did a little bit of top up food shopping today , then went for a brisk walk round the lanes. DS didn't want to join us.

Much love to all, Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Rita: I'm impressed with your morning exercise. WTG!!! :smiley:

Carol: (((HUGS))) When my mom passed I did okay until after the funeral & after I had all of her estate issues resolved, THEN I fell apart and gradually slid into depression. I know how difficult this can be. If you need anti-depressants for a time, go to your doctor and ask for them. :flowerforyou:

Pip: The dog photos continue to be a blessing. They're a moment of comfort in the day. :smile:

Joyce: Prayers that you heal quickly and completely. :heart:

Allie: Tough times. Protect yourself as much as you can. Get a respected attorney and aim for the best outcome for you. I am sorry it has come to this, especially at this season of the year. (((HUGS)))

Rita: I love the photo of ducks. :smile:

I have a Christmas package to mail asap. I ordered the gift through Amazon and it was shipped to me rather than the person I was sending the present. I couldn't mail it yesterday because the Post Office was closed and so was the Mailbox, a local shipping business that works with UPS. Today it gets shipped. This is a gift for DGD. Thankfully, her other gift was sent to the correct address in the first place.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon

“Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.” Thomas A. Edison
  • Charleen2
    Charleen2 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Pip - That is one heart melting doggie picture. Love your pics!
  • Charleen2
    Charleen2 Posts: 223 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    jmkmomm - I and a lady friend of mine experienced the dizziness you seem to be suffering from. Mine cleared up after I got meds from the Ear doctor and it cleared up in 6 weeks but my friend suffered from severe dizziness for more than 6 months from onset. She finally ended up going to physical therapy to learn special movements to countermand the inner ear imbalance episodes.

We both are single and live alone so this put our independence at risk as the dizziness took away our ability to drive. Today my friend is back on track (she's 85) and driving again. Hang in there and keep looking for a solution. Don't let anyone tell you it's all in your head. Well it is, but specifically its in your inner ear.
    1129753tppyabng93.jpg
    To all of my newly discovered January birthday sisters - You are just the coolest ladies ever!!! Happy, happy, joy, joy!!!

Charleen in Colorado (Polar Vortex coming as my Bday gift from Mother Nature next week)