Row the World Game - CLOSED boat (Capt jagrib0112)

Options

Replies

• KnottyJen
    KnottyJen Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    Thanks Ladies!

Okay, so for today, we all burned 5968 calories, for a total of 119.36. I let Lee & Amber know that we were attacking BB Bucs, so she will send me the cals for their highest burner tonight. I'll wait to send the total to Lee in the morning.

We're slipping a little bit, Girls! We've gotta keep that momentum going. I know everyone needs a break now and then. Believe me, I understand! I just want to make sure that we all just keep at it. Saturday is Triple miles day. Let's really knock this one out of the park. I know weekends can be difficult, but if everyone makes an effort to do something, we'll be doing well. I'd really like to see everyone push themselves just a little bit harder on Saturday! Stay on that treadmill for an extra five minutes, do a couple more laps in the pool. Every little bit counts! I know everyone's going to be pushing for some big burns on Saturday and I don't want us to fall behind. Maybe we can make a plan and share with everyone what we're going to do on Saturday?

I have a wedding reception to go to that afternoon, so I'm going to make sure I get to the gym in the morning. My plan is to to the treadmill for a full hour, bike for 20 mins and then get a swim in. My goal is to burn at least 1000 calories. Also, I'm feeling pretty good about myself lately, so maybe I'll get some dancing in at the reception. What about everyone else??? What can you do on Saturday to push our boat just a little bit further???

I really do love ya girls! I'm proud to be on a team with all of you and I am so happy to have made your friendships. I appreciate all your support and encouragement and thank you for the motivation that you all give me!
  • dontstopnow
    dontstopnow Posts: 152
    Options
    hello ladies<3 i know i haven't been doing the best i could so far this week. i had a mini birthday vacation but now i'm home and i'm raring to go and get more miles in per day!

since i've been kind of quiet here on our thread, i'll share story time with you all. hopefully i don't get too rambly! lol. tomorrow afternoon i'm meeting up to catch up with one of my best friends. she's lost a lot of weight so far this year and she's kind of who ultimately inspired me to make the big lifestyle change. anyway, when we used to hang out we'd always just eat. every single time! we'd meet for lunch and have an appetizer and a big burger and fries. with soda! looking back on it i kinda cringe thinking about all the calories i used to eat in one sitting. anyways, long story short, tomorrow we're meeting at the gym. she's gonna show me her weight machine routine since i'm still sorta new to weight training and she's had a trainer. i've really been looking forward to it since we made the plans! it just goes to show me how much of even my social life used to revolve around food. it's probably a silly kind of thing to be proud of, but, in a way i am. we'll still get to talk some and hang out.. but way more healthy about it.

as far as saturday goes, i think i'll spend an hour and a half - two hours at the gym. then if the weather holds out, i'll swim laps in the pool. if it doesn't, my back up plan is hitting up exercise on demand. heck, maybe even both if possible! we gotta make triple day count, right? haha, i'll just have to see how everything goes.

i think that's enough out of me for a while, lol. i'll finish up by saying i'm so very proud of everyone's hard work and dedication. i'm happy to share a team with yall. go knotty girls!!! (:
  • KnottyJen
    Options
    since i've been kind of quiet here on our thread, i'll share story time with you all. hopefully i don't get too rambly! lol. tomorrow afternoon i'm meeting up to catch up with one of my best friends. she's lost a lot of weight so far this year and she's kind of who ultimately inspired me to make the big lifestyle change. anyway, when we used to hang out we'd always just eat. every single time! we'd meet for lunch and have an appetizer and a big burger and fries. with soda! looking back on it i kinda cringe thinking about all the calories i used to eat in one sitting. anyways, long story short, tomorrow we're meeting at the gym. she's gonna show me her weight machine routine since i'm still sorta new to weight training and she's had a trainer. i've really been looking forward to it since we made the plans! it just goes to show me how much of even my social life used to revolve around food. it's probably a silly kind of thing to be proud of, but, in a way i am. we'll still get to talk some and hang out.. but way more healthy about it.

I LOVE this!!! I've had the same thing happen with my sorority sisters. We always got together for a meal. Maybe once a month or once every other month. And that's definitely changed. We're talking about doing a 5k in August and my best friend has volunteered to go to the free zumba class that my community center has on Tuesday nights.
  • KnottyJen
    Options
    Oh! Also! Our kidnappee burned 1730 calories yesterday. So, our total calories burned for Thursday was 8350 - about 167 miles.
  • weeziews
    weeziews Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Great story "Donotstopnow" and glad you're back!

I am also planning on hitting the gym first thing tomorrow morning, so there isn't anything getting in my way later in the day. Hopefully, I can get my hubby to join me. He will push me hard!

Good luck everyone and let's make Saturday's triple day AWESOME!!!
  • KnottyJen
    Options
    Hello again, my Pretties!!! (Just an aside from where I was originally going with this topic - how in the world did we get a crew of such absolutely beautiful women on this boat?!!???? :smokin: :smokin: Ow owww!!! Hot Mamas! :wink:)

Anyway, back on track...

Lee posted a new topic for next week's special days. Please go here and see what's happening:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/290243-row-the-world-day-games-for-next-week
  • cobylea
    cobylea Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Well I was going to do my run today but I will wait until tomorrow since it's the triple day. I think today is going to be my day off since I haven't had one since Sunday. I'll keep you all posted on my burn for tomorrow!! Have a great weekend!!! :drinker:
  • KnottyJen
    Options
    Thanks Coby! You do the same!
  • Steel6981
    Steel6981 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I had to take a light day today. My knees still kill me - can't wait until the weight comes off so that gets better. So I only have 199 for today.

Tomorrow I will do a work out video in the morning. I will probably be able to get in walking between errands and time with my daughter. I want to get as close to 1000 tomorrow as I can.

I've been off kilter this week. Just generally tired. Haven't logged food and have had mediocre workouts. I promise to get out of the slump starting tomorrow. Thank you all for the motivation you all give. It really helps!

Sue
  • cobylea
    cobylea Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Ok I lied I had to do something even if it was for only 15 minutes. My burn today is 163. Pretty small but considering it was supposed to be my rest day it's not bad! lol
  • Galathea
    Galathea Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    sorry for being MIA. yesterday was my rest day and I sooooooo F***ed it up. Don't even wanna talk about it. LOL
    But today is tripple day. And after work I plan to do A LOT to get us some good miles. Can't let myself slip away with a half-hearted burn. See you all in the evening. Burn it, ladies, BURN IT!!!!!!!!
  • KnottyJen
    Options
    Goooooood Morning, My Knotty Girls!!!!!

Coby - I didn''t get your burn until just now, so that will go on today's total. Sandy - Pretty sure you're allowed a day off here and there. You are the resident *kitten*-buster. ;-) And however badly you fell off the wagon, I am certain you will make up for it today.

We had a REALLY slow day yesterday. I'm really hoping that means that everyone was gearing up for today's triple miles day. We finished yesterday with 4592 calories burned, for a total of 93.96 miles. That is our lowest day so far.

So let's really kick it into gear and make this triple day count. I've already gotten my 20 minutes with 30DS in this morning. Gonna do some grocery shopping with the Hubs and then it's off to the gym and the pool for me. I've got a wedding reception tonight, so I'm gonna dance my tail off and get some extra calories burned. My goal is to burn at least 1600 calories today. That will be higher than any other burn I've had this far into the game. If anyone else wants to try and achieve a similar goal, and wants to check our spreadsheet, please go here to see our progress:
    https://spreadsheets.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ArutZf2a6Ry5dEc3U01aYm5mc3NXLWszVUhSZ1ZoWXc&hl=en_US&pli=1#gid=0

Love ya Ladies!!!! Good luck today!!!!!!
  • Steel6981
    Options
    Hi everyone! 925 for me today. I wanted to get close to 1000 and did pretty well. Did a work out tape, cleaned in preparation for a family thing this evening and am heading out for a walk with my daughter (I already counted the walk in my totals cause I'm not sure I can get back on once I get back). Hope everyone has a great day! My daughter is in a play this evening so I am looking forward to seeing it.

Take care!

Sue
  • KnottyJen
    Options
    VERY nicely done, Sue!!! And I've been seeing some other fantastic burns on people's updates today. I'm UBER proud of you all!!!! Let's make this triple miles day really count!! WOOOO!

Well, I got to the gym a little later than planned, so I had to modify. I did 32ish minutes on the treadmill, 10 minutes on the bike and 40 minutes in the pool. I'm still about 200 burned calories away from my goal, so I'll need to try and get something more in after the party tonight. But now, it's time for me to shower and get all gussied up!
  • dontstopnow
    dontstopnow Posts: 152
    Options
    hello lovelies! on our first triple mile day i ended up just doing a trip to the gym. i did a little of everything available, really. treadmill, bike, elliptical and some ab workouts. let me just start by saying those of you that use the elliptical for an hour plus on the regular? you are amazing! i typically don't mind being on the elliptical- it sure beats running in my book, but it was the last thing i did at the gym today so i was pretty sweaty and hot by the time i started up on there. anyway, i get on, pick my program and set it for 40 minutes, ten more than i usually do. gotta make triple day count somehow, right?

well.. not even five minutes into my elliptical session and i was already bargaining with myself. i was sore from my two hours of strength training yesterday so i tried to rationalize that 15 minutes on the elliptical would be enough because i worked hard yesterday and already had done several other things today. then i thought about the rest of the team and how yall are always kicking some serious butt. also that i need to work hard EVERY DAY and i decided i needed to at least do 20 minutes. i struggled to get there and had to pause for a minute or two to catch my breath, but, once i got to 20 i decided i could do 25. then if i could do 25, what was 5 more minutes? 30 is what i normally do anyway, so, i couldn't start cheating myself now. i changed up my music, found something super upbeat and kept on trucking. by the time i made it to 30 i realized just how close i was to finishing the 40 minute program i started. not wanting to give up, i pushed for another 10 minutes (plus a 2 minute cool down!) i felt quite proud and all triumphant when i stepped off of that machine. it felt good not to take the easy route, you know? i could have stopped at 15. part of me really wanted to (that part = mostly my legs. they are still screaming WHAT HAVE YOU DONEEEE lol) but a bigger part of me wanted to show myself that i could do it and make it out alive.

alrighty, i guess that's all i have to report today! keep up the fantastic work ladies<3

oh ps- that super upbeat song i switched on in my work out? i'm totally deeming it the knotty girls theme song. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6L4OJAG2onw i'll gladly upload an mp3 for anybody that wants to add it to their workout playlist. it's really fun and gets you going right when you feel like stopping. besides all that? it's TRUE (:
  • michelle_eiz
    michelle_eiz Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    466 for me today!
  • KnottyJen
    Options
    Kaitlyn! WTG, Girly!!! Super proud of ya, Love!!!!

And everyone else, for that matter!!! We really did rock it out on this triple miles day! We burned 14267 calories!!!! After tripling the miles, that's a total of 856.02 miles. You girls super stepped it up today. Awesome!!! Hope everyone enjoys the rest of your weekends! <3 Cappytan
  • weeziews
    weeziews Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Wow, we really did do a great job!! That is awesome!!
  • Steel6981
    Options
    926 for me today. Hope all you Knotty Girls are working out indoors where it is cooler! In the Mid-90's in Ohio.

Sue
  • michelle_eiz
    michelle_eiz Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    543 for me today!

There will be no working out outside the rest of the week........heat advisory all week! :noway:

What are some of your favorite workouts?