90 Day Transformation Challenge - Jan 1 thru March 31

Options

Replies

• rpwpyw
    rpwpyw Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Susan I mistakenly deleted your friend request. I don't know how to get it back or send one to you.
  • dfabiano972
    dfabiano972 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I'm excited to challenge myself over the next 90 days with all of you. I'm a 44 year old mother of 1 and wife. I've put on so much weight over the past 2 years and have gotten way off track. I want to make reasonable but challenging goals for myself. I didn't put the weight on overnight and I don't expect it to come off overnight either. It's going to take dedication, hard work, preparation and will power.

Nutrition goals for this 90 days-Clean eating with meal prepping (lean turkey, chicken and white fish, good green veggies), no alcohol, no eating out, no sugar, lower dairy intake, 1 gallon of water per day-no exceptions
    Fitness goals for 90 days – Beginning with cardio to get me back on track, then working up to adding weight training-Upper, lower, full body, upper then lower--2 days of weight training rest but staying active with cardio, bike riding, walking, etc.
    Beginner stats – measurements, weight and/or pics – I will update stats tomorrow morning

Update on some stats-
    Starting Weight-227
    goal for this challenge-10% of my weight-22.7
    Goal Weight-204.3
  • trentsutton976
    trentsutton976 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I little motivation for myself and my new friends here:

“If you don’t set a baseline standard for what you’ll accept in life, you’ll find it’s easy to slip into behaviors and attitudes or a quality of life that’s far below what you deserve.” – Tony Robbins

Keep working hard and only accept the quality of health you deserve!
  • aree2525
    aree2525 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'de like to join.
    Challenge Rules:
    Introduce yourself to the group: 5'7", 157 lbs, 31 1/2 waist, 39 1/4 chest, 43 1/2 hips

Nutrition goals: No sugar, processed food for first 45 days. Load up on protein and vegies. take vitamins every day-except fast days.
    Fitness goals: Move for 30 minutes, 4 out of 7 days. January
    calesthets 30 minutes, 4 out of 7 days February
    low weights 30 minutes 4 out of 7 days March
    Photos- to come when my husband gets home. :smile:
    End Goal: 5'7" 132 lbs, 36/28/ 38- I don't even know if my body will do that?!
  • morskapana
    morskapana Posts: 5 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Hi I'm Kaitlyn, I'm 32 and love to cook natural wholesome foods (maybe too much). Last year I was generally less active and it is starting to make me feel super unhealthy! Plus I'm attempting to foster a lifestyle shift, rather than a dieting mentality.
    Fitness: I'm on a mission to do daily 30 minute mornings (yoga/strength/meditation), walk 4x/wk (minimum) and do fitness classes 3x/wk (minimum).
    Nutrition: My calorie goal depends on my activity level but with no activity it is about 1500 (fresh foods that don't contain hormones and do contain ingredients I can understand). Drink 96oz of water per day.
    Stats: I weigh 163.2 lbs, I'm 5'7". Waist 31, tummy 36, chest 38, hips 43, thigh 24, arm 12. My weight goal is 145, but mainly to feel healthy and strong.
    Have fun everyone! Let's stick to our goals to see results and feel healthy again! I'd be interested in people joining my 30 minute mornings routine too, perhaps I'll post a thread.
  • ktarver97
    ktarver97 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Perfect for me. Just started a couple days ago.
    54 y/o female
    Weight: 218 lbs (ugh!)
    BMI 32.69 (yikes!)
    My goal is to lose between 11-21 lbs in 90 days.
    My plan is:
    cardio 5 x week for 30 minutes
    strength train 3 x week
    MFP food diary to track 1280 calories/day

I've been at this a few days and am really struggling increase protein intake (35%) and decrease carbs (40%).
  • pslindeman
    pslindeman Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Quote for the day: "If you are tired of starting over, stop giving up and reach your goal".
  • emilymaya16
    emilymaya16 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    How's progress going for everyone?
    So far I've stuck to my food plan with no cheating! I'm finding that pre logging my food means I'm much less likely to eat something else as I know that the food I've planned on mfp fits my calorie constraints and macro %
    I'm struggling with motivation to go exercise, I quit the gym as it was just too expensive so now my options are running or home work outs and I'm just struggling to get going! Any tips? I have all the right equipment (yoga mat, hand weights and decent running trainers and gear) but I'm just getting nowhere
  • Karbum
    Karbum Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    My name is Taryn and I am from Toronto, Canada.

I have been logging everything!!! Sorry, I have still not posted my stats. It has been a very busy week back to work.

I have not had any pop since Jan 1st!, just club soda :)

Nutritional goal: Is to remain pop free and stay within my 1200 calories goal.

SW:232
    GW:160

I will post measurement, BMI etc... over the weekend.

Good luck everyone!!!
  • Karbum
    Options
    So my mom and I decided to do this weight loss thing together. Once we lose 25 lbs, we are going clothes shopping. And at our goal weight, a spa day : ) I have a hard time staying motivated. Heres to a year of change!

Have you seen this mother and daughter video... so is piring!

https://www.google.ca/search?q=mom+and+daughter+lose+weight+t+ogether&oq=mom+and+daughter+lose+weight+t+ogether&aqs=chrome..69i57.10168j0j8&sourceid=chrome&es_sm=93&ie=UTF-8#q=mom+and+daughter+lose+weight+together
  • Karbum
    Options
    For all of you who want a great protein shake but hate the powder (like me) the chocolate premier protein milks from Costco are amazing!!!

160 cal

1g of sugar

6 carbs

30g of protein!!!!

And... they taste like real chocolate milk!!!
  • RWayne48
    RWayne48 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    This week went ok for me, I'm working through healing a shoulder injury so the going is slow to avoid aggravating it. A high blood pressure reading (170/92) really freaked me out the other night - but pain can increase bp so I'm using it as a reminder to keep my butt moving.
    I started the couch to 5K program this morning but with 1/2 the jog/walk reps -I'll see how the shoulder feels today and go from there ... call it week 0.5 :smile:
    I've been logging my exercise and food here and that's been helping a lot.
    One thing I haven't been good with is meditation - I really need the stress reduction but sitting still and not thinking of all the things I need to do can be difficult - any suggestions?
  • DoritoDavis
    DoritoDavis Posts: 5 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    I'd like to join but have been on holiday. I am starting tomorrow.

Nutrition: 1200 (or more if exercise allows - measured by Garmin watch). Increase my protein and veg intake. Limit sugar/ carbs. No junk Jan. Also no alcohol when I'm just staying in.

Exercise: 3x a week. 150 intensity minutes a week (measured by my watch). This will mainly be spinning. I've been struggling with aching joints so avoiding running.

Stats: 11st, 5ft 4.

Goal: increase fitness and loose 2lb a week. 20lbs by end March.

I've got my 10th wedding anniversary and a wedding in March. Also a big birthday in November.
  • emilymaya16
    emilymaya16 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    RWayne48 wrote: »
    This week went ok for me, I'm working through healing a shoulder injury so the going is slow to avoid aggravating it. A high blood pressure reading (170/92) really freaked me out the other night - but pain can increase bp so I'm using it as a reminder to keep my butt moving.
    I started the couch to 5K program this morning but with 1/2 the jog/walk reps -I'll see how the shoulder feels today and go from there ... call it week 0.5 :smile:
    One thing I haven't been good with is meditation - I really need the stress reduction but sitting still and not thinking of all the things I need to do can be difficult - any suggestions?

Sounds like you're doing well, keep working through the shoulder but don't push yourself too hard you need time to recover!
    Maybe meditation just isn't for you? I certainly can't do it! I find my mine wanders far too easily and I start over thinking things. Are you doing meditation just for stress relief? If so maybe see if you can find something quiet and relaxed to do that you have to focus on to destress, eg, start reading a new book and spend half an hour a day just having a little read, or get one of those adult colouring books, (I love mine!) Or find a new health blog to read or spend some time finding new healthy recipes to spice up your meals? Just take half an hour of your day that is your me time, and schedule in a quiet sit down relaxed activity.

Hope you don't mind me just jumping in with suggestions :blush: but if you're anything like me you'll need to find something to do as a destressing technique, rather than trying to sit still and think of nothing, which I find incredibly difficult and boring!

• suemcmurry
    suemcmurry Posts: 188 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    I am in, please!

1.Nutrition goals: Log in daily, 1100 calories/day, practice portion control,
    2.Fitness goals: Exercise 5x weekly, maybe join gym and get personal trainer, weigh in at 130 lb.
    3.Beginner stats: Pics and measurements to come!
    4. CW 150.2
  • hbarnes1216
    hbarnes1216 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Went from 133 on Monday to 131.6 today. Yeah! I've just been tracking (some) and watching how much I eat. :)
  • hooey78
    hooey78 Posts: 83 Member
    Options

Just started Meditation this week myself...same reason. It is totally new to me so I have been using an app on my phone to do a 20 minute relaxation. I've got work to do but it helps! Other than that just getting my workouts in helps me maintain my sanity! I started almost a year ago of trying to think of exercise as something I get to do instead of something I have to do...over time, it worked!
  • hooey78
    Options

Sounds like you're doing well, keep working through the shoulder but don't push yourself too hard you need time to recover!
    Maybe meditation just isn't for you? I certainly can't do it! I find my mine wanders far too easily and I start over thinking things. Are you doing meditation just for stress relief? If so maybe see if you can find something quiet and relaxed to do that you have to focus on to destress, eg, start reading a new book and spend half an hour a day just having a little read, or get one of those adult colouring books, (I love mine!) Or find a new health blog to read or spend some time finding new healthy recipes to spice up your meals? Just take half an hour of your day that is your me time, and schedule in a quiet sit down relaxed activity.

Hope you don't mind me just jumping in with suggestions :blush: but if you're anything like me you'll need to find something to do as a destressing technique, rather than trying to sit still and think of nothing, which I find incredibly difficult and boring!

OMG, I hated the idea of those coloring books because it seems so juvenile but someone gave one to me with pencils as a gift and I tried it one night...it WAS very relaxing! I have started to do this in the evening sometimes when I have nothing to do to keep my hands occupied. Glad I am not alone! Also, got a "real" camera for Christmas and have been spending time trying to figure out how to use that...fun!
  • hooey78
    Options
    This is a great challenge for me as I turn 40 on 1-6-17 and Transformation Challenge is just what I need.

1. Nutrition Goals: Keep calories in the 1800 range while using portion control, avoiding sugar and reducing carbs
    2. Fitness Goals: upping my step count to 10,000 while trying to work through hyper mobility diagnosis starting with anaerobic exercises. For cardio, biking 30 minutes (starting every other day working up to every day as my
    3. Stats:
    - weight: 260.
    - msmts: 40-42-55

For health reason my main concern is my legs, so hopefully as the weight comes off I will see a big change there.
    Looking forward 2017!

Happy birthday! B)B)B)B)B)
  • hooey78
    Options
    Jan 6 update - First week back to work has been rough...but still on target!

I'm staying within calories but only hit my macro counts 4 days so far...gotta do better there.

Challenge Goal Tally To Date
    Strength: 2/38
    Cardio: 2/26
    Stretch: 1/13
    Rest: 1/13
    Macros: 4/77 (77/90 = 85%)

Weighed in this morning (I do Friday weighs):
    SW: 163.6
    1/6: 163.2

How was your week?!?!