Welcome to Debate Club! Please be aware that this is a space for respectful debate, and that your ideas will be challenged here. Please remember to critique the argument, not the author.

Giving up sugar for good

Options
1181920212224»

Replies

• SCoil123
    SCoil123 Posts: 2,108 Member
    Options
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    SCoil123 wrote: »
    Just because something doesn't have physical withdrawal symptoms doesn't mean people can't become addicted.

That there are behavior addictions and that it may be a behavioral addiction is a point that many in this thread have made (including me). If you have read the whole thread I am surprised you missed it.

I read the thread and how many people continued to bring up withdrawal. If you had read the entire thread you would realize I had already attempted to make the same point and was simply reiterating with different wording the point I attemped to make yesterday. I felt given the number of people trying to state it couldnt be an addiction without the withdrawal experienced with substances it warranted restating.
  • PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member
    Options
    TL;DR

Summary anyone?

Or should I just go right to a solid GIF and some popcorn? It is Friday night after all...
  • PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member
    Options
    AnvilHead wrote: »
    TL;DR

Summary anyone?

Or should I just go right to a solid GIF and some popcorn? It is Friday night after all...

tl; dr: The same stuff you've seen in every "sugarz iz da debilz" thread ever on MFP.

Oh okay.. back to eating my sugar loaded Fiber One Cheesecake and drinking wine then.
  • sugaraddict4321
    sugaraddict4321 Posts: 15,717 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Dear Posters,

I wanted to offer a brief explanation for the locking of this thread. This discussion is welcome to continue in groups.

The forum guidelines include these items:

Guideline 1. No Attacks or Insults and No Reciprocation

a) Do not attack, mock, or otherwise insult others. You can respectfully disagree with the message or topic, but you cannot attack the messenger. This includes attacks against the user’s spelling or command of written English, or belittling a user for posting a duplicate topic.

b) If you are attacked by another user, and you reciprocate, you will also be subject to the same consequences. Defending yourself or a friend is not an excuse! Do not take matters into your own hands – instead, use the Report Post link to report an attack and we will be happy to handle the situation for you.

Guideline 2. No Hi-Jacking, Trolling, or Flame-baiting

Please stay on-topic in an existing thread, and post new threads in the appropriate forum. Taking a thread off-topic is considered hi-jacking. Please either contribute politely and constructively to a topic, or move on without posting. This includes posts that encourage the drama in a topic to escalate, or posts intended to incite an uproar from the community.

Guideline 4. Show Respect to All Groups and Individuals

No derogatory references to sex, gender, age, weight, body-type, disability, ethnicity, religion, or sexual orientation, or endorsement of violence against any person or group, even if couched in humor, will be permitted. This includes expressing stereotypes about any group or community.

If you would like to review the forum guidelines, please visit the following link:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines

At our discretion, this locked thread may be deleted entirely in the near future.

With respect,
    Sugar
    MFP Moderator Team
This discussion has been closed.