Welcome to Debate Club! Please be aware that this is a space for respectful debate, and that your ideas will be challenged here. Please remember to critique the argument, not the author.

Giving up sugar for good

Options

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,526 Member
    Options
    try2again wrote: »
    If there were absolutely no other sweets in my house, I would never be tempted to eat plain sugar. Am I addicted?
    Lol, yep. I'm sure "addicts" are eating spoonfuls of it when they need their fix.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • Falcon
    Falcon Posts: 853 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    I skimmed it. Someone has way too much time on their hands.

Repeat after me. Sugar is not a drug. Moderate the amount you consume on a daily bases. Other wise you'll end up messing with your blood sugar levels and that makes you really sick without sugar. Symptoms of low blood sugar are as of the following:

dizzy, lightheaded, headache, shaking and nausea.

Been there, done that, was not amused.

Just because they put it in tobacco products does not mean it's a drug.
  • masterscallit
    masterscallit Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    We're all gonna die. I read this article and it scared the *kitten* out of me. Apparently there was a lot of resistance from the medical community in the past about the destruction and cancer-causing effects sugar creates in the body. I NEED HELP kicking sugar. It's so hard man.
  • Falcon
    edited January 2017
    Options
    We're all gonna die. I read this article and it scared the *kitten* out of me. Apparently there was a lot of resistance from the medical community in the past about the destruction and cancer-causing effects sugar creates in the body. I NEED HELP kicking sugar. It's so hard man.
    if that's true then why wasn't cancer higher 300 years a go verses now?

Too much of one thing is not good for you. Moderation is okay. In the last twenty years cancer is up, so is the amount of aspartame (derived from weed killer. And you wonder why people are realizing its not such a good idea to consume it after all), preservatives in the food to make it last longer on the shelves. The amount of chemicals found in our water that causes people to get sick. May I go on?

If you're really worried about it, drink more tea, put lemon in your water. It's been known to help your body become an inhospitable environment for cancer cells to grow. (Doctors don't want their patients to know that. Otherwise they would be out of a job.)
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    Falcon wrote: »
    if that's true then why wasn't cancer higher 300 years a go verses now?

Too much of one thing is not good for you. Moderation is okay. In the last twenty years cancer is up, so is the amount of aspartame (derived from weed killer. And you wonder why people are realizing its not such a good idea to consume it after all), preservatives in the food to make it last longer on the shelves. The amount of chemicals found in our water that causes people to get sick. May I go on?

If you're really worried about it, drink more tea, put lemon in your water. It's been known to help your body become an inhospitable environment for cancer cells to grow. (Doctors don't want their patients to know that. Otherwise they would be out of a job.)

In addition to what rankinsect mentioned, the lemon cancer thing is based on the theory that changing your body's pH level to be more alkaline lowers your cancer risk but that's pseudoscience since your body can only stay in a .10 range and if you try to change it your body will fight it. If you succeed in changing it you will become very ill and die.
  • SymbolismNZ
    SymbolismNZ Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Nothing actually wrong with someone giving up sugar in my view; if nothing else it reduces a lot of calorie dense foods that are far too easy to pick up and scoff down (chocolate, flavored milk, sodas) and forces people to be more mindful of what is going into their diets.
  • Falcon
    Options
    http://www.rense.com/general50/killer.htm

a really good read. I just know if I have anything with aspartame in it. I'm too sick to do anything. I stopped getting severe migraines.
This discussion has been closed.