This is MY year!

Options

Replies

• lachiespior
    lachiespior Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hello, I am 39 years old and I am officially tired of being chubby with cellulite, double chin and big thighs. I am starting again and this will be the last time. When I turn 40 yrs old I will be where I want to be. I will come to terms with my body and workout regularly and eat a balanced diet. I no longer want to think about my weight, food or body size. It has been long enough. Who's in? I am currently a size 14, weighing 197 lbs and eating too much junk. In one year, let's vow to weigh less than we do today, October 22, 2016.

Amazing to hear how keen you are!! if i could offer any advice i would say train your mindset so not that this will be the last time i try. Train it so that you will always try no matter what! Personally i found it alot easier to train and be discipline this way because you begin to accept that you will be successful no matter what. It then becomes a question of WHEN not IF.
  • 1stplace4health
    1stplace4health Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    @Smcptn Welcome & Happy New Year!
  • 1stplace4health
    Options
    @Trawnagal Sounds like a great plan!
  • 1stplace4health
    Options
    Week 10: No weigh-in this week. HAPPY NEW YEAR MFP BUDDIES!!
  • 1stplace4health
    Options
    @lachiespior Great advice. I will not have to start again if I never give up too! Thanks
  • courtneyfabulous
    courtneyfabulous Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options
    Happy new year!

Well my 6 day vacation resulted in a 3.2 pound gain but I'm not too worried, resting today and staying within calories, then back to workouts starting tomorrow. I think it will take a week or 2 to lose the gain which is probably at least half water weight, then back to making progress!
  • jenwil1999
    jenwil1999 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Today I had a little lesson in the importance of tracking food immediately. I had written down my food all day, planning to log it in the evening. I hate the amount of time it takes to log multiple times a day. I'd had eaten three light meals and a snack, and was feeling pretty hungry. So I decided to grab a snack and log all my food.... And I was short 500 calories! No wonder I was hungry!

So I guess I need to log immediately. It's the only way for me to be sure throughout the day that I'm on-track. There's a big difference between thinking I have "around 500" calories left for the day and knowing that I have exactly 531. Not to mention enough protein, etc.

My goals for the week:
    1) Log daily as soon as I eat.
    2) Under 1350 calories per day. Also increase protein.
  • courtneyfabulous
    courtneyfabulous Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options
    jenwil1999 wrote: »
    Today I had a little lesson in the importance of tracking food immediately. I had written down my food all day, planning to log it in the evening. I hate the amount of time it takes to log multiple times a day. I'd had eaten three light meals and a snack, and was feeling pretty hungry. So I decided to grab a snack and log all my food.... And I was short 500 calories! No wonder I was hungry!

So I guess I need to log immediately. It's the only way for me to be sure throughout the day that I'm on-track. There's a big difference between thinking I have "around 500" calories left for the day and knowing that I have exactly 531. Not to mention enough protein, etc.

My goals for the week:
    1) Log daily as soon as I eat.
    2) Under 1350 calories per day. Also increase protein.

Great goals! Yes it's imperative to log as you eat and keep track of macros, that helped me immensely
  • traz1973
    traz1973 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm in. I turn 44 in 3 months but by 45 want to be fit and fabulous.
  • 1stplace4health
    Options
    @courtneyfabulous Well that is to be expected. Hang in there!
  • 1stplace4health
    Options
    @jenwil1999 You have a great attitude about logging in. I also find it a bit tedious also. You have a great plan to stay accountable. Best wishes
  • 1stplace4health
    Options
    @traz1973 Welcome to the group! Here's to turning 45 yrs old in style.
  • jenwil1999
    jenwil1999 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    @traz1973 Welcome! Great goal - wish you well!
  • MrsBaaadger
    MrsBaaadger Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi! I just wanted to say good luck and you can do it! I was almost identical to you 1 year ago. I was 39 yrs old and weighed 210lbs. I didn't want to be overweight when I turned 40. I'm now 145lbs and so much happier about myself! It really wasn't as hard as I thought either, I'm quite competitive so the more lbs I lost the more I wanted to lose and the pleasure it gave me was better than over eating!
  • elizabeppes
    elizabeppes Posts: 46 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Very inspiring thread.
  • Commonflavor
    Commonflavor Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hope I'm not to late to join in
  • 1stplace4health
    Options
    @MrsBaaadger I appreciate that & congratulations!
  • 1stplace4health
    Options
    @Commonflavor Never too late to try...Welcome!
  • 1stplace4health
    Options
    Week 11: Did not weigh-in today. I weigh on a scale when I visit my family. Hope everyone had a nice New Year's. Best wishes.
  • Trawnagal
    Trawnagal Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Woohoo! Down 4.8 lbs in the past week!