Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• spamarie
    spamarie Posts: 2,825 Member
    Options
    Confession: I started making pinwheels for the child since they're easy for him to self feed, but I probably eat more than half of each batch myself. They're delicious. If I do buy baby food, I buy it in flavours I don't like to stop myself eating it!
  • caddir
    caddir Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    What are pinwheels?

I used to like rusks, choices with a thick layer of butter, or peanut butter. Actually I can eat peanut butter without anything else.
  • orangesmartie
    orangesmartie Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    Oberon21 wrote: »
    Update on Run the Year:
    Super Slowpokes (Susie gets all the credit for that name): 73.4 miles to date

Nicci/Team need update on your miles! A little healthy competition goes a long way!

Fab four: 62.99 but a couple of people haven't synced for a couple of days
  • orangesmartie
    orangesmartie Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    spamarie wrote: »
    When my two younger brothers were small I used to babysit them. We'd play the 'who can change into their PJs, brush their teeth and get to bed fastest' game. Brushing too quickly led to disqualification. I don't think there was a prize other than beating your brother.

I plan on using that gem on Andrew when he's older. I'll race him myself if I have to.

I race Charlie on stuff all the time, particularly on stuff he doesn't want to do, like getting dressed to go out, or pajamas and bed. He likes being the champion. "but we never race food auntie".

As a wise woman once said: in everything that must be done, there is an element of fun. Find that fun and snap! The job's a game.
    When my two younger brothers were small I used to babysit them. We'd play the 'who can change into their PJs, brush their teeth and get to bed fastest' game. Brushing too quickly led to disqualification. I don't think there was a prize other than beating your brother.

I plan on using that gem on Andrew when he's older. I'll race him myself if I have to.

I race Charlie on stuff all the time, particularly on stuff he doesn't want to do, like getting dressed to go out, or pajamas and bed. He likes being the champion. "but we never race food auntie".

As a wise woman once said: in everything that must be done, there is an element of fun. Find that fun and snap! The job's a game.

Wasn't her name Mary Poppins?

Yep :smiley:
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options

I always try to pull the let's see who can be the quietest with my nieces & nephews :D.
  • raymax4
    raymax4 Posts: 6,070 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    raymax4 wrote: »
    This week was the poorest milage in a while. My family seems to be taking turns with the creepy cruds.

Sorry to hear about the creepy cruds! (Does that mean getting sick? Because I *think* that's what it means). If sickness is the case I hope everyone feels better soon!

Yep creepy cruds=sick
    Thanks for the well wishes
  • raymax4
    Options
    The child must have had a bad dream last night as he woke up suddenly and wouldn't be settled and ended spending all night in our bed. I'm not knocking co-sleeping if that's your parenting bag, but I HATE doing it. I yet all paranoid about squashing him and we got very little sleep.

Hoping it goes better tonight as I'm shattered. Currently sat in a dark room, willing the child to sleep. He's having none of it. How can he be so awake!?

Does he nap at day care?
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    This week was the poorest milage in a while. My family seems to be taking turns with the creepy cruds.

Sorry to hear about the creepy cruds! (Does that mean getting sick? Because I *think* that's what it means). If sickness is the case I hope everyone feels better soon!

Yes, Susie. In my neck of the woods it is a bad respiratory virus. Flu-like, but not actually the flu. Even our doctors are calling it the crud, because "viral upper respiratory infection, with cough, unspecified" is too long.

Yuck! That sounds absolutely awful. Glad you're feeling better.

I give credit to the zinc and my healthy habits, relative to my coworkers, some of whom have been sick for a week.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    The child must have had a bad dream last night as he woke up suddenly and wouldn't be settled and ended spending all night in our bed. I'm not knocking co-sleeping if that's your parenting bag, but I HATE doing it. I yet all paranoid about squashing him and we got very little sleep.

Hoping it goes better tonight as I'm shattered. Currently sat in a dark room, willing the child to sleep. He's having none of it. How can he be so awake!?

He's one. Anything goes for a little while yet. Mine all went through a stage some time between 11 & 15 months where they simply didn't want to sleep through the night. It was awful every time. I hope he gets over it quickly.
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    caddir wrote: »
    New year's resolutions: Has anyone noticed how the carparks are all empty at the front and full at the back. The Healthy Options part of the freezer is inaccessible for queues of people.

I give it until the end of the month!

I haven't noticed either of these things.
  • MoHousdon
    Options
    Oberon21 wrote: »
    I got an Amazon echo dot from a vendor that I just set up. I may be in love.

We loved ours so much we bought another for the bedroom. I have it play rain sounds when I go to sleep. It's absolutely magical.
  • MoHousdon
    Options
    Confession: I started making pinwheels for the child since they're easy for him to self feed, but I probably eat more than half of each batch myself. They're delicious. If I do buy baby food, I buy it in flavours I don't like to stop myself eating it!

Nice. I love pinwheels too.
  • spamarie
    spamarie Posts: 2,825 Member
    Options
    What are pinwheels?

I used to like rusks, choices with a thick layer of butter, or peanut butter. Actually I can eat peanut butter without anything else.
    What are pinwheels?

The are puff pastry rolled up with some kind of filling (I usually stick to cheese and something but most people use tomato paste) and cut into slices. They are handy for weaning since most babies can easily hold and bite chunks off them. And they are like delicious baby crack. I am getting pretty good at making them!
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday, Anne-Marie! :)

I want delicious baby crack! :yum:
  • caddir
    caddir Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I want baby crack too, now.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options

I always try to pull the let's see who can be the quietest with my nieces & nephews :D.

Yeah. I used to try this one, too. Then they caught on to me...
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    My lunch today...

vz5rotgarny4.jpg
  • raymax4
    Options

Does he nap at day care?

He naps the same at nursery as he does at home - for 30 minutes max, once occasionally twice a day. The child is at least consistent. But he is usually quite good at night once he's gotten to sleep, which is why a terrible night hits us all so badly!

In good news, he slept through last night once he finally dropped off. That's the best birthday present mummy could have wished for!

Happy birthday