Lost 135lbs with diet and exercise! PICS! If I can do this, YOU CAN do this!!! Thanks myfitnesspal!

Options

Replies

• adohiwaya
    adohiwaya Posts: 9 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    You are certainly an inspiration....Keep up the great work....After a long, long battle with spinal issues over the last 30 years, I have finally found relief and can now, get back into strength training to lose the 165 lbs. I need to lose.

As a former competitive bodybuilder/Power Lifter I salute you! After 30 years I intend to get back into contest shape and be the best looking grandpa, to my 24 grandchildren, on the beach anyone has ever seen....at the young age of 62...

Your story is inspiring and the transformation amazing!

God Bless you on your continued fitness journey!
  • know_your_worth
    know_your_worth Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    So inspirational! You look fantastic!!
  • katietiffany88
    katietiffany88 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Did you have excess skin to worry about? Im so afriad im going to end up with loose skin everywhere. I exercise but its only cardio
    k4tie82 wrote: »
    @LisaMighton Hi! I started with workout videos at home. I used walking off the pounds, then I moved up to walking outside. Eventually I started jogging... and before I knew it I was signed up for a half marathon :) I walked or jogged 6 days a week... 30min-60min. My food was a HUGE help in losing weight. I stopped drinking pop and really watched my calories.... something I had never done before. Amazing what tracking your food can do for you! If I could go back... I would have started strength training from the beginning. I lost all the weight from cardio alone... it took me awhile to get my strength up.

• SeeJaneRunSlow
    SeeJaneRunSlow Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    You are amazing! What an inspiring transformation. Thank you for sharing your story.
  • LoreeBelle
    LoreeBelle Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Love, love, love this success story! Thank you so much for sharing not only the jaw-dropping pictures, but the motivational way you did it. Dang, Girl! You ROCKED it! I've only walked on the treadmill at my gym, but have now been shown how to use the weights and hope to add strength training in the near future. By this time next year, I'd love to be able to pick up a tractor tire and show it who's boss! (Going on my bucket list now...)
  • donnawell888
    donnawell888 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Woman, you are amazing! Your story is VERY inspirational!
  • STEVE142142
    STEVE142142 Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    You are a true inspiration. I think all the other posters summed up my emotions as far as what you've done in your success.
  • shawneelaraye
    shawneelaraye Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Our stories are so similar it is scary. I hope to accomplish what you have soon. 40 pounds down right now! Which reminds me, I need to go run! :)
  • TristaOnTrack
    TristaOnTrack Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Katie, I follow you on Instagram (I'm hey.thats.good) so it was fun to see your story here! I've been reading through these boards the past few days. It helps to see that it is possible! I was just wondering if you still tracked your food?
  • Goddesskat
    Goddesskat Posts: 71 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    I’ve decided to share my weight loss story in hopes that it will help someone who is struggling with their weight and trying to live a healthier lifestyle.

In the last 4 years I have lost 135 lbs. Before starting my journey I was 270 pounds, almost type 2 diabetic, and I was morbidly obese. I was depressed and miserable in my own skin. I coped with life by taking medications and self-soothed with food and candy. Medications and doctor’s appointments became my life. I became extremely addicted to prescriptions. My weight and lifestyle were slowly killing me, and I didn’t see it until I had a BIG reality check 4 years ago. That is when my life changed. I knew it was time to change and started to rebuild my life. I decided on my own that I wanted this. I knew it was going to be hard, but I was ready to fight for it. I wanted to be healthy, I wanted to be happy again, and I wanted to be the wife and mother my family deserved. Those things combined gave me the final push I needed to change my lifestyle.

I didn’t follow a specific program or go through weight loss surgery. I swapped all my sugar loaded drinks for water, started tracking my food, and added exercise into my daily routine. Adding exercise was just the mental boost that I needed. Every time I exercised I would feel balanced and happy, and for the first time I was proud of myself! I wanted to change my lifestyle so this would become a permanent way of life. I started with small, achievable goals so I didn’t get overwhelmed with how much weight I still had to lose. Honestly, when I started I was exhausted just walking around the block. In September 2014 I finished my first half marathon!

Having support has been a huge part of my journey. My husband has been amazing through this whole process. He started tracking his food first, and I was inspired by him! I watched as he started dropping pounds, and I decided it was time to track my food! Tracking held me accountable, and I needed that! He also helped me find healthy foods to eat, and put up with all my complaining when we first started exercising together :)

I hit a plateau after losing 100 pounds. I joined a small, family owned gym and I discovered a whole new passion for fitness. I reached out and found other ladies to work out with at the gym. We encourage each other, hold each other accountable, and have fun! When one of us struggles, we help each other. I started personal training and improved my strength, lost more weight, and melted away body fat. I have been able to accomplish things I never thought possible, and I have learned to believe in myself! As the pounds have dropped I feel like I have shed emotional baggage with them. My old life melted away 1 pound at a time. Please know that weight loss is a journey and it takes time. If I can do this, you can do this! I finally have my life back and I feel great!

[edited by mods]

Tips:

Track your food… everyday!
    -Don’t drink your calories… Drink water instead (lots of water!)
    -Get up and move! Even if it’s 10 minutes a day… get some exercise! Anything is better than nothing!
    -Eat your veggies, the greener the better!
    -Add protein into your diet. Chicken, Turkey, and Tilapia are some of my favorites.
    -Limit your sugar… and if you have sugar, do it in the morning.
    -Don’t let yourself get hungry, and don’t get to full…
    -Prep as much food as you can on your weekends… it’s easier to make healthy choices that way!

vfwapu2bu058.jpeg
    -tofqtc1dy835.png
    ykn5fvuiewhl.jpeg

Thank you so much for sharing your story. I am 10 days into my new journey and needed some inspiration. I found it in your weight loss journey. I'm having my 63rd birthday on Sunday and figured, it's time to get healthier so I don't get sick like some of the folks I work with in a caregiving capacity. I will keep your words uppermost in mind as I carry on one day at a time. <3o:)
  • melto1989
    melto1989 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Just amazing you look so good
  • Shyjagat
    Shyjagat Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    "As the pounds have dropped I feel like I have shed emotional baggage with them. My old life melted away 1 pound at a time. Please know that weight loss is a journey and it takes time. If I can do this, you can do this! I finally have my life back and I feel great!"
    This is what I want for myself too! Will post my progress in a month as I ve just begun. Although a member of MFP for a while I didn't really make use of it.....I intend to, now onwards.
  • jgvr53
    jgvr53 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Wow - what an inspiration!
  • wannabethinner92
    wannabethinner92 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Amazing!!!!
  • melissamichelle
    melissamichelle Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your story! You are truly inspiring!
  • LisaY76
    LisaY76 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Wow... Amazing transformation. I only have 50 lbs to lose and I thought it was a lot. But, I've done it before and I know I can do it again. Thank you for the reminder that it's a slow and steady process. I'm currently on medication for high blood pressure, acid reflux, a couple other things. All of which are attributed to my weight. My goal (other than weight loss) is to get off these meds so I don't feel like a walking pharmacy. I literally swallow 12 pills every morning. I'm feeling a little frustrated though because the pounds are coming off but my clothes don't feel like they're fitting any different. I'm still a size 14
  • mrcs_jolly
    mrcs_jolly Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Good job!!! U r def a source of motivation.
  • charlenechaz
    charlenechaz Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I’ve decided to share my weight loss story in hopes that it will help someone who is struggling with their weight and trying to live a healthier lifestyle.

In the last 4 years I have lost 135 lbs. Before starting my journey I was 270 pounds, almost type 2 diabetic, and I was morbidly obese. I was depressed and miserable in my own skin. I coped with life by taking medications and self-soothed with food and candy. Medications and doctor’s appointments became my life. I became extremely addicted to prescriptions. My weight and lifestyle were slowly killing me, and I didn’t see it until I had a BIG reality check 4 years ago. That is when my life changed. I knew it was time to change and started to rebuild my life. I decided on my own that I wanted this. I knew it was going to be hard, but I was ready to fight for it. I wanted to be healthy, I wanted to be happy again, and I wanted to be the wife and mother my family deserved. Those things combined gave me the final push I needed to change my lifestyle.

I didn’t follow a specific program or go through weight loss surgery. I swapped all my sugar loaded drinks for water, started tracking my food, and added exercise into my daily routine. Adding exercise was just the mental boost that I needed. Every time I exercised I would feel balanced and happy, and for the first time I was proud of myself! I wanted to change my lifestyle so this would become a permanent way of life. I started with small, achievable goals so I didn’t get overwhelmed with how much weight I still had to lose. Honestly, when I started I was exhausted just walking around the block. In September 2014 I finished my first half marathon!

Having support has been a huge part of my journey. My husband has been amazing through this whole process. He started tracking his food first, and I was inspired by him! I watched as he started dropping pounds, and I decided it was time to track my food! Tracking held me accountable, and I needed that! He also helped me find healthy foods to eat, and put up with all my complaining when we first started exercising together :)

I hit a plateau after losing 100 pounds. I joined a small, family owned gym and I discovered a whole new passion for fitness. I reached out and found other ladies to work out with at the gym. We encourage each other, hold each other accountable, and have fun! When one of us struggles, we help each other. I started personal training and improved my strength, lost more weight, and melted away body fat. I have been able to accomplish things I never thought possible, and I have learned to believe in myself! As the pounds have dropped I feel like I have shed emotional baggage with them. My old life melted away 1 pound at a time. Please know that weight loss is a journey and it takes time. If I can do this, you can do this! I finally have my life back and I feel great!

[edited by mods]

Tips:

Track your food… everyday!
    -Don’t drink your calories… Drink water instead (lots of water!)
    -Get up and move! Even if it’s 10 minutes a day… get some exercise! Anything is better than nothing!
    -Eat your veggies, the greener the better!
    -Add protein into your diet. Chicken, Turkey, and Tilapia are some of my favorites.
    -Limit your sugar… and if you have sugar, do it in the morning.
    -Don’t let yourself get hungry, and don’t get to full…
    -Prep as much food as you can on your weekends… it’s easier to make healthy choices that way!

vfwapu2bu058.jpeg
    -tofqtc1dy835.png
    ykn5fvuiewhl.jpeg

You are absolutely inspirational
  • MsDavis99
    MsDavis99 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Such an inspiration!!!!! Great Job!!!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!