WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JANUARY 2017

Options

Replies

• shannonak907
    shannonak907 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    canookie wrote: »
    ***Much more Ice-fog in these parts - everything is so covered with frost it appears as though there’s a thick coat of white hair growing off the trees. Temps will be heading down to -10F here and predicted to reach -40 to -50 not too far away in the interior of Alaska. I have my car plugged in at night with a block heater to keep the oil viscose so I can get to work in the mornings.***

No kidding about the ice fog! I was driving to Anchorage a couple of days ago and all I did was drive in and out of it. I will tell ya though, the ice fog is so pretty at night! One year, I thought I was going to be a tough girl and not put studs on my car...

sitting in that ditch, I realized, I'm not the girl I thought I was.

• exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,352 Member
    Options
    Did an hour of a step DVD today. The plan for tomorrow is to do an ultimate weight training and cardio DVD.

gotu - what I do is during the day I write down on a piece of paper what I ate, then I record everything. If I didn't do it this way, I know that I'd forget something and not log it. There have been times when I really did forget something and because I had it written down I logged

Alison - feel better fast

cat - just because you had 2 Krispy Kreme donuts, don't give up the whole day! Log it, you might find that you can come close or not go over on your calories for the day. Where do you live? My daughter lives in Reston

Well ladies...I have two problems. One thing is that I went shopping yesterday. I got so much fruit that I can't fit it all in the fruit drawer. The other is that I have so many DVD's that I'm finding that they're falling to the back. What to do???? I know, I know...these aren't big problems, as a matter of fact, they are good problems to have.

It was 70 so Vince and I took the rest of the Christmas decorations in, then I helped him arrange (or start to) things in the garage(s)

Betsy - that's what this forum is all about! sharing

Loved all the pictures. Everyone looks so wonderful

Joyce - I'm so sorry to hear about your friend

Michele in NC
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,563 Member
    Options
    stats for the day:
    ride hm 2 gym- 13.28min, 13.1amph, 147mhr, 2.9mi= 137c
    applie iwatch- 110
    STAIRCLIMBER- 35min, 146fl, lvl6-10, 145mhr = 296c
    apple iwatch- 294c
    ride gym 2 dome- 7.20min, 141mhr, 11.5amph, 1.4mi = 83c
    apple iwatch- 54c
    walk station 2 wk- 9.22min, 3.6ap, 124mhr, .5mi = 61c
    apple iwatch- 50c
    walk wk 2 sta- 5.40min, 11.44ap, 140mhr, .4mi = 70c
    apple iwatch- 59c
    ride dome 2 hm- 18.03min, 8.1amph, 117mhr, incorrect, 2.4mi = 151c
    apple iwatch- 158c

total cal 805
  • AKcanookie
    AKcanookie Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    No kidding about the ice fog! I was driving to Anchorage a couple of days ago and all I did was drive in and out of it. I will tell ya though, the ice fog is so pretty at night! One year, I thought I was going to be a tough girl and not put studs on my car...

sitting in that ditch, I realized, I'm not the girl I thought I was.

Shannon - its really so pretty I love it but seriously slippery stuff - no doubt! I hope you suffered no injury from the slip into the ditch.

The newspaper had some really great pics posted today https://www.adn.com/slideshow/alaska-news/anchorage/2017/01/12/fog-cold-temperatures-have-created-perfect-conditions-for-a-frosty-anchorage/

Marni in Alaska

• msfanglet
    msfanglet Posts: 17 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Does anyone have pedals under their desk? I bought some a few years ago and somehow they wound up outside. I think I cleaned them and forgot to bring them back in. Anyway I sit at a computer all day, so I brought them back in and I pedal while I work. Just wondering if you've tried it? Do you think it's doing any good? I only log the pedaling if I consciously time it. I cant imagine its too different from stationary or recumbent biking.
  • miakoda40
    miakoda40 Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Joyce, in cold Indiana: So sorry to see you have lost a friend. So happy to see he did not have to linger long in hospice. I hope his friends and family got a chance to say their good-byes.

Lenora was describing Chicago med in her post. I think that what happened in Code Black is that Rollie decided to have the brain surgery after all and what we were seeing did not in fact happen at the hospital but was what he was seeing/dreaming while in surgery. In the end it turned out that what we were seeing as an episode was actually pretty much what happened in his life when he was younger so I think he had those "dreams" because of the questions he was being asked during surgery. I also think what happened in the episode was not "real" because the events so closely mirrored Rollie's life. That's why I'm voting on "it was all a dream."

Mia in MI

• csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    :)
  • SSC1958
    SSC1958 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    B)
  • bmidwinter
    bmidwinter Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    :)
  • dreamwriter
    dreamwriter Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Hey Ladies
    I'm definitely not caught up with you all but this is as close as it gets tonight.

Heather - Wow! 3 years at maintenance. I hope to achieve that one day.

Barb in Edmonton - Sounds like you are having an excellent jump start

Pip - That man of yours! Swooning over here. Floyd the pup is also a real cutie.

Cheri - Amazon really does sell everything.

Canookie - The story about your parrot was very funny.

Clarebare 60 - Going through best cancer is no small thing, cut yourself some slack.

Chris in MA - Nice holiday nails.

Becca - I am sorry that your sister is not communicating. It hurts.

Allie - Sending you positive thought.

Work continues to be difficult. It is a bit better there. Creating 3 contests and reinstating the Social Committe
    seems to help some.

Serious discussions with my DGS, It seems like he is moody and withdrawn a lot of the time. We played Scrabble on Thursday. My only regret that Ryan took over. I do love that game.
    Currently reading The Year of No Sugar. I would like to give it a shot. My poison is sugar/chocolate. I think it would be worth it.

Shredding continues. Day care at the Y in 1989 was $40/month. That was with the subsidy.

My sister phoned me. Her cat is dead. 1 month with her and the cat is gone. She let Skittles go in the sewing room. I think he ate thread or something. She told me that she can't come to my DGD's party because she is ordering something in tomorrow night. It actually sounded like she didn't want to worry about a gift . I was upset with her but got over it.

Chinook is here but still cold in the wind.

Falling asleep at the keyboard

-Sharon in Lethbridge, Alberta
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    <3
    Kate UK
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,713 Member
    Options
    Morning ladies~
    felt real crappy yesterday when I got home from work, kidneys were bothering me, the assistant chair I was using yesterday is broken and not working correctly and had me all twisted ..I came home and took 3 tylenol and went to bed.. was asleep before 6 .. woke up at 5
    this weekend I am off... so it is housework and helping Tracy move... and trying to talk to Tom