WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JANUARY 2017

Options

Replies

• Jaja99
    Jaja99 Posts: 21 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Cat from VA- welcome. It sounds like you have a good plan. I have plantar faciitis too, and never do the treadmill anymore. I mostly do the elliptical machine at the gym and weights. I have had the cortisone injections in both feet several times over the years and usually get several years of relief. I’m also very careful to choose shoes with good cushioning and support. Very few cute shoes for me, but my feet feel good.

Ljakubowsky- I’m glad you are here. I first came to MFP in 2012 at the exact same starting weight. You are certainly going through some difficult times and I admire your strength and candor. I will keep you in my prayers. I am worried that 500 calories a day is not enough nutrition and might contribute to you feeling miserable. Please keep checking in.

Christy, your son sounds amazing! He is quite the role model. He overcame so much. Your doxie pics are adorable.

Marni in Alaska
    -loved the video. I kept imagining all the things your dog was thinking.

Carey in Northern Alberta-I like the I can do anything for 5 minutes.

Our Saturday snowstorm has been fun. We didn't get 10-12 inches where I am because it was really late changing from sleet to snow. We probably got about 6 or 7 inches. I got 2 days of great exercise shoveling snow. I guess the interstates and some main roads are OK, but many other roads are not so good and the neighborhood roads are bad. They are never plowed. Most churches were closed today. Tomorrow is a snow day for me because schools are closed. I'm guessing they will be closed on Tuesday too. It is really cold, about 13 degrees which is not common here. I can almost hear you northern gals chuckling at 13 being considered really cold.

Jana in VA
  • miakoda40
    miakoda40 Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Betty
    Anybody else watching Sherlock tonight? I was not happy with last week's turn of events...

To say I'm not happy with the turn of events is putting it mildly. I yelled at my TV. Oddly enough it did no good. The show progressed the way it went despite me telling them to not do that.

Thanks to everyone for the warm welcome back.
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options
    :)
  • bmidwinter
    bmidwinter Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Cary - Northern Alberta
    Love your "I can do anything for 5 minutes" mantra.. I will try this when I get to the gym tomorrow.

Barb - Edmonton AB Canada
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,057 Member
    Options
    :heart:
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,927 Member
    Options
    :)<3Charleen and Rori, I am so excited for you that you had such a nice visit together. Thank you for sharing the fun with us.

• AKcanookie
    AKcanookie Posts: 230 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    :p Ready for work tomorrow. Monday is my fasting or under 500 cal day. Tuesday is weigh in.

;) Eat the Bear chocolate protein shake prepared with decaf coffee, and a splash of 1% milk.

:* Cauliflower Bean salad with oregano oil and cider vinegar .. a version of this;
    http://www.bewholebeyou.com/2016/03/20/black-bean-cauliflower-rice-salad/

:) Thanks to you kind ladies who sent a friend request <3<3<3 .. as well as a 25 yr old guy ??!!!?? LOL

Marni .. Alaska
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,753 Member
    Options
    Hello Ladies!

Son safely arrived back in Nashville a little bit ago. Guess he had extreme pain in his eye while descending that's slowly improving but still with him?? I'm hoping it's not the onset of a migraine. (Newbies ... younger son has a chronic migraine history that has been better since being away at school.) Hate being so far away from my baby but also really wishing he didn't always text with every problem when I'm so far away. Does that make me a bad mother?

Coconut oil ... are you ladies using the same stuff that is available for cooking? I deal with dry skin but want to make sure I'm not slathering myself with the wrong product!

Chia seeds ... so WTH am I supposed to do with these things? I made vanilla chia pudding with almond milk that promptly went to the trash ... kind of like eating fish sperm ...

Older son is home with us for a few more days ... staff issues again. (Newbies ... son is physically disabled but lives independently ... rents a home ... receives state services that enable him to hire aides to care for him.)

Stayed on track today with my calories ... the chia kind of took my appetite away for the rest of the day.

Beth near Buffalo
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    Pip, Kirby is a good man!

Sherry, it just pleases my heart so to see you here. I am sorry you are in the position you are but you a survivor and will thrive where God puts you. Missy will make her way back to you also and what I great idea of making her a companion pet so that she can never be taken away from you. I'm proud of you girl.

I think it was Peach who had a picture of 2 kids in the snow. The girl reminded me of my grand daughter Ellie. I bought her a big red bowl sled like that for Christmas. Since it snowed here last week, I am sure it snowed where she lives about the same. I don't know of any hills around her but I am sure she really pushed her Dad to find some where for her to use her new red sled.

Who is having the baby shower? 35 people?????? That is a big shower. And I love the theme and all the food. So neat.

Well Michelle's birthday was Dec 1oth and we always take her out to her favorite place to eat. We already had bought her present but Dec 10th was the day I had my first nose bleed and in the hospital for 6 days. And then 2 days after I got home all the back problems. So we kind of missed her birthday. So tonight we took her out to one of her favorite Mexican places. It is one of the more authentic ones in town. They have a nice a la carte menu and you don't have to buy a full meal. I like the chicken chimichanga and I have it without all the different cheese sauces it comes with. She wanted a Dairy Queen ice cream cake. It has been a long time since I ordered an ice cream cake. When we went to pick one out they were like $30!!!!! They did have a blizzard cake for $12.99 so that is what we got. It wasn't what she usually ate but she didn't complain because Michelle never complains. We got to talking about the back problems that we have all got from my Mother. She said it seems like every generation it hits at an earlier age. She also talked about children and she said that she doesn't want to pass that heredity on to her children and it's one of the reasons she doesn't have children. When she was married, her husband was an extreme risk taker with their money and his life as far as driving. He was the same when he was in Iraq for two trips. He took one of the Army's humvees out for a joy ride and totaled it! So she said she didn't want to me a single widowed mother. Charlie thinks that is the reason Dan cheated on her because he wanted children. We will never know.

Joyce, Indiana
  • mikesmom1983
    mikesmom1983 Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    bwcetc wrote: »
    Hello Ladies![/

Chia seeds ... so WTH am I supposed to do with these things? I made vanilla chia pudding with almond milk that promptly went to the trash ... kind of like eating fish sperm ...

Beth near Buffalo

I don't cook or bake with chia seeds but put them in my yogurt. I eat it before they get mushy so they add a bit of crunch. They are supposed to have a lot of health benefits though I don't remember all of them right now. I figure"what could it hurt".

Chris in MA
  • DamitJanit
    DamitJanit Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    Call me crazy but I love to see other people happy and succeeding .

Good Evening My Dear Friends,

OMG, my friends, I have become way behind once again. I have to admit I’ll be happy when I’m finished with my friend’s household and her move. We had what I had hoped would be the last Moving Sale today but had very little traffic. Now I’m trying to decide if I’ll have one more.
    I have a sign on the house to rent and have had a number of calls about it. Today I had three different people come to see it that were interested in a rental.

At any rate, I’m thinking of you and cheering for all of you. I’ll get back on schedule one of these days.

pretty-pink-welcome-smiley-emoticon.gifto any Newbies. Come often and join in the chat. This thing works!! Please sign your post with what you want to be called. It makes it easier for us to respond to you. Also a location is great, be it specific or general. We are happy to have you join us.

Sending love, good thoughts and sunshine to all of you.
    I Love youwriting-a-love-letter-smiley-emoticon.gif
    DJ
    Myrtle Beach, SC
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Mia thank you for sharing your story, we love hearing of your great success. You look terrific and are an inspiration.

As you know I had the same surgery in December 2013 and lost 125 pounds. The weight loss was quick, certainly not what I would call easy. No amount of surgery removes the emotions that caused the over eating in the first place. I too am here for support and a daily reminder that I have the knowledge and tools to keep the weight off and for the encouragement and support of a terrific group of friends.

We are so glad you are back and doing well.

Janetr okc
  • sherryminchagain
    sherryminchagain Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Joyce - thanks hun! I do have a certain kind of tenacity, don't you think??

Hope everyone is enjoying the Minions posts! Lol!!

Time for dinner, I'm starved!! Plus I have to charge my tablet, lol!! Be back later, love ya!!

Sherry