No sugars and no carbs

Options

Replies

• Rebecca0224
    Rebecca0224 Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    If you eat all the beef and pork you want I would think you would gain weight and your cholesterol would increase. You should talk to a dietician for dietary advice of this nature. MDs don't specialize in diets and it sounds like this doctor is giving general guidelines but if you eat the way you describe you can easily gain weight and have other health issues. If you eat to much of anything you will have negative side effects. There is nothing wrong with low carb if it's done correctly. Good luck
  • oct131920
    oct131920 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'm looking for some friends that would be on a diet like this so I can get recipes ideas. I'm having a hard time finding things I can eat easily during the day. I can not have any sugar not even diet pop or crystal light products. Hoping someone else is on this crazy diet.

I'm on the same diet!
  • roamingtiger
    roamingtiger Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    Thank you for some insightful tips and the website I will look at that Jeanieneni. This is the diet my doctor put me on.
    The paper he gave me states
    1. If it tastes sweet it has sugar examples.... orange juice, fruits , all diet sodas and crystal light. No Splenda, equal or sugar twins.
    2. If food is off white or white in color it's most likely starch ( few exceptions). Example no bread, pizza, cake, pies, pastas, rice and potatoes.

Rule of thumb white or sweet you can not have it

Meat- all I want: beef, pork, poultry, seafood, rabbit as much as I want.

Veggies- you can eat all the fresh or frozen veggies excluding corn, beans, and peas. Green beans are ok

Garden salads- as much as I like. Dressing only oil and vinegar, Italian and Caesar.

Eggs- you can eat all the eggs, bacon and sausage you like

Last but not least lots of water at least half a gallon a day which is easy for me I love water.

Please don't judge what my doctor put me on. Some of you had some lovely comments. This is not an insane diet it is just what my doctor put me on. All I asked for was for help from those who were on a similar diet. Maybe I should have written the whole chart like this from the beginning. I do not have sugar issues This is what he said would help me loose the best and I just said I would try it. I'm 2 weeks in and have lost 5.4lbs without being 100% on this diet and lost an inch in the waist and an inch in the hips.

This sounds so horrible. Why restrict yourself so much? Are you going to eat this way forever...? Eat what you want as long as it is under your daily calories, and you will lose weight. That's it. I agree with everyone here and that you need to see a dietician and not your doctor.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Thank you for some insightful tips and the website I will look at that Jeanieneni. This is the diet my doctor put me on.
    1. If it tastes sweet it has sugar examples.... orange juice, fruits , all diet sodas and crystal light. No Splenda, equal or sugar twins.
    2. If food is off white or white in color it's most likely starch ( few exceptions). Example no bread, pizza, cake, pies, pastas, rice and potatoes.

Veggies- you can eat all the fresh or frozen veggies excluding corn, beans, and peas. Green beans are ok

Garden salads- as much as I like. Dressing only oil and vinegar, Italian and Caesar.

Last but not least lots of water at least half a gallon a day which is easy for me I love water.

Please don't judge what my doctor put me on. Some of you had some lovely comments. This is not an insane diet it is just what my doctor put me on. All I asked for was for help from those who were on a similar diet. Maybe I should have written the whole chart like this from the beginning. I do not have sugar issues This is what he said would help me loose the best and I just said I would try it. I'm 2 weeks in and have lost 5.4lbs without being 100% on this diet and lost an inch in the waist and an inch in the hips.
    All of these that you mentioned have zero sugar. Zero. This makes no sense. He may be your doctor, but that doesn't automatically mean he knows about nutrition.

Sugar twins? ? This could be another word for Artificial sweeteners. I've never heard the term used before.

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,899 Member
    Options

All of these that you mentioned have zero sugar. Zero. This makes no sense. He may be your doctor, but that doesn't automatically mean he knows about nutrition.

Sugar twins? ? This could be another word for Artificial sweeteners. I've never heard the term used before.

It's a brand name ... http://www.sugartwin.com/

• Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Sugar twin is a brand of sweetener, i use it in my tea lol
    Machka9 wrote: »

It's a brand name ... http://www.sugartwin.com/

Oh crap snort :flushed: I thought it was a new fangle term for AS's.