A text message I received...what do you think?

Options

Replies

• Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,506 Member
    Options
    Well the most important thing is how she feels about herself that's really the bottom line isn't it?

... not to the boyfriend
  • Reinvented46
    Reinvented46 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Apparently your right. I vote dump him
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    If you are long distance, he has been not paying attention to you lately and he says this then I would assume he is looking to break up/is interested in someone else... that you no longer fit in his world.
    He is saying you are not good enough for him and he is not proud of you after 8 years together. Not a good sign for a continued relationship.
  • Thehardmakesitworthit
    Options
    ewwwww......and i bet when he is 50 he will be sporting a gold chain, fake damn tan and pot belly. Screw that. Move on.
  • Reinvented46
    Reinvented46 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Ok ok ok okayyyyy
  • JLAJ81
    JLAJ81 Posts: 2,477 Member
    Options
    Send me his number I'll text him for you.
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    MeganAM89 wrote: »
    aoibhs22 wrote: »
    I would love to hear your opinions on the following message.... I received this last night and I still haven't replied, cried a little and cant stop thinking about it.....

Of course you are important to me, how could you not be

But I want you to start putting more effort into training and getting into shape, as I am surrounded by people who are in shape and training hard all the time, and all these people have full time jobs too, and get tired but still do their training

so I'm used to seeing hard working, slim and toned girls all day, and want to be proud to show off my girlfriend as being just as hard working and in just as good of shape

Chat tomorrow

I haven't read all of the responses, but has anyone asked for more context? I'd like to know what was said that prompted this.

Because if this is all that I'm seeing, then it looks like he's being a bit of a dick but he's attempted to be "nice" about it. But if you were having a conversation about health, or about what you both feel you need in your relationship, then maybe I can give him a little bit of slack (although I'm not sure how much, because there's no way to take him basically saying "I see hot girls around me all the time, I'd like to see you be just as hot" very well).
    @MeganAM89
    pg 2? 3? yes, it's been asked and answered and flip through to read what was said so you get an idea where this threads already been and going... I don't mean that snarky in the slightest..just a suggestion so you get the gist of what's going on with what the OP's been dealing with. You can do a quick skim and you'll catch most of it.
  • ThatUserNameIsAllReadyTaken
    Options
    Tell him you are used to people who are considerate and respectful of others and you would love for him to work on his attitude so that you won't be ashamed to have him around all of your friends. That is just about one of the rudest things he could say. I am sorry you have that kind of person in your life.
  • lessismoreohio
    lessismoreohio Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    He's a control freak.........heading for trouble with this one.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,506 Member
    Options
    Send me his number I'll text him for you.

With an attachment?
  • ThatUserNameIsAllReadyTaken
    Options
    kzooyogi wrote: »
    aoibhs22 wrote: »
    What the hell does this guy do where he is surrounded by fit people all day? How long have you been dating and what were the pre-cursors to this discussion. This doesn't seem appropriate.

He has just qualified as a PT, works in the gym all day. We have been going out for over 8 years but we are currently doing long distance.

So you've been in his life for 8 years, but now that he's suddenly a PT and he's surrounded by fit women, you're not good enough anymore? Peace out, bro. I wouldn't be able to walk away fast enough.

Look at your profile picture. You are gorgeous. Big beautiful eyes, gorgeous hair, adorable smile. Girl. If he's not proud to show you off now, then you are spinning your wheels with him.

If you choose to get in shape, do it for you, not him. Your body isn't for him to show off, it's for him to love every inch of, no matter how many inches there are. Find someone who will do that for you because you deserve to be ADORED.

THIS. ALL. OF. THIS. I definitely second the motion.
  • AnAbsoluteDiva
    AnAbsoluteDiva Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    It was fine until it got to the part of him showing off his girlfriend.... You've been promoted to Potential Trophy. Ditch him!