A text message I received...what do you think?

Options

Replies

• cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    Respond:

Do you even lift bro?
  • Taylor076097
    Taylor076097 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Nobody should make anyone feel inadequate. He's a dick bag. Move on . And mail the bag of dicks with a note that's says to enjoy.
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    Lounmoun wrote: »
    If you are long distance, he has been not paying attention to you lately and he says this then I would assume he is looking to break up/is interested in someone else... that you no longer fit in his world.
    He is saying you are not good enough for him and he is not proud of you after 8 years together. Not a good sign for a continued relationship.

I'll wager that he's already dating someone else and is just softening the beachhead prior to ending the relationship.

This--then he can say it's your fault for not being in shape.
  • kschwab0203
    kschwab0203 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    I hate to say it boo, but your relationship may have just entered the danger zone...you know the one with the red flashing lights and sirens...the one that comes right before the bottom drops out.

This sounds a little similar to something that happened to me only I was 15 years into the marriage with 3 kids.

Long distance relationships are difficult whether you are married or not.

It does seem like maybe he is setting the stage for a break up.

Hopefully, you all can work it out. Either way, DO NOT let this man make you feel insecure about who you are or what you need to be in order for him to be proud. You need to be proud of you.
  • CoffeeandDumbbells
    CoffeeandDumbbells Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Do it for you and no one else. He cares about your physical well being but not your emotional. Time to let this guy go.
  • Roxy_Marr
    Roxy_Marr Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Oh my...WTF
    He started dating you just the way you are. If he really loved you he would be happy with you not your outside appearance.
  • Theo166
    Theo166 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Roxy_Marr wrote: »
    Oh my...WTF
    He started dating you just the way you are. If he really loved you he would be happy with you not your outside appearance.

It's also not fair to say appearance has no bearing on a relationship, plus if he's a PT then it's natural to start urging your friends and family to get in shape.

What rubs me the wrong way is how he went about it
  • allaboutthecake
    allaboutthecake Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options
    My. You met him at 21 and gave him all of your 20s for what? Are you seriously going to wait around another 8years for someone who only wants a trophy girlfriend? And if its not fitness, then it will be wrinkles and aging. Just curious how old this boy is. Its long distance, why again are you hanging on? have you thought about cutting it off? He's a personal trainer where again? No commitment? If you were my daughter I would tell you to cut your losses and move on. You'll fee sad for about a minute, but then your wallet will be fatter and your freedom will be immense.
    Just my opinion since you asked.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    Ummm tell him to eat a bag of d!cks

Yes...d!cks...bags of them...eat them.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options

'nuff said.

I believe that if you want to date a person that's in great shape, then you go date a person that's in great shape. Maybe it's shallow to some people, but it's being honest with yourself and nothing to be ashamed of. Picking someone who's not your ideal and sending them a message about how they need to work harder to be worthy of you, well that's just *kitten*. He's a kittenhole if I've ever seen one. He tried to phrase it as nicely as possible and STILL comes off as a giant *kitten*.

You are lovely and no one deserves that crap from the person who should be loving them.

Don't chat tomorrow. Block the turd.
  • pedermj2002
    pedermj2002 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    My suggestion would be to use this service: https://dicksbymail.com/

Send him the bag of gummi dicks, and block the number. I'd call him a douche canoe, but that's too small to contain his douchiness. Maybe douchetanic? Or douchecraft carrier?
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    Timshel_ wrote: »

Yes...d!cks...bags of them...eat them.

Oh my!
  • shellyld2016
    shellyld2016 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    If you want to hit the gym and get in shape, do it for yourself and not for his ego. Don't make people a priority if your not a priority to them.

Agreed! You get in the best shape of your life, for you. I would do it without him, if after 8 years he makes you feel like you have to compete for his affection. Your time and attention would be better spent elsewhere.
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,369 Member
    Options
    Hi_jakker wrote: »
    If you want to hit the gym and get in shape, do it for yourself and not for his ego. Don't make people a priority if your not a priority to them.

Agreed! You get in the best shape of your life, for you. I would do it without him, if after 8 years he makes you feel like you have to compete for his affection. Your time and attention would be better spent elsewhere.

Correcto! Most people go to the gym and get those six pack are doing it for themselves!. Like buying that cute outfit or flaunting that booty they're doing it for themselves has nothing to do with getting other people's attention at all

But once they have the hit body and cute outfit and flaunt it ya they may get attention but it's their own ego it's feeding so they in fact are doing it for their own gratification
  • yogagirlT
    yogagirlT Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Tell him to buy a big truck to overcompensate for his small dick! What a *kitten*. You don't want to be with a shallow, ahole creep like that. I was with a d-bag for 7 years in my 20s who always commented about my weight and how I looked. Men like that don't ever change.
  • JukeboxHeroine
    JukeboxHeroine Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    I hope that if he's commenting on your appearance that he has the body of Channing Tatum and the face of Ryan Reynolds, but I'm guessing he doesn't. Those who diss others rarely do. That ugly personality seeps right through. Girl you're gorgeous. Tell him to go play in the road and find someone who truly adores all of you.
  • KiwiLifter
    KiwiLifter Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Sounds like he's very interested in what's important to him, which makes it irrelevant to you.