40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Options

Replies

• allenpriest
    allenpriest Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options

Looking forward to the games today. Fun fact: the winner of the last 8 playoff games between the NY Giants and Green Bay has gone on to win the championship.

not this time
  • kymberkaye
    kymberkaye Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Hi All!! Soon to be 49 years old. Promised myself I would get in shape before I'm 50. I have struggled with my weight all my life. I have tried everything on the market to lose weight. Some worked, some have not. The most recent thing I have found is a weight loss coffee. So far Im down almost 20lbs, but know I need to do something more to get better results. I take a lot of medications and some keep me bloated and stopped up. Ugh. What kind if diet has worked for you the best?? Just curious to find something to help me. Thanks in advance for any info you have.
  • __TMac__
    __TMac__ Posts: 1,665 Member
    Options
    Treadmill run. 30 min. Getting faster! Maybe I'll sign up for a road race this fall. :)
  • gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
    "Body Beast Bulk: Legs"=Done!
  • moya_bleh
    moya_bleh Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    Good morning from the UK, everybody!
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    gam3rguy wrote: »
    @gam3rguy Same here. Meh. :) Cant wait to see the trailer.
    ...bet we see it before we see a new "Justice League" trailer. :(

I hear April it will drop.
    well, here's to April! i just read they started "Infinity War"!!!!!

• Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    Options
    TmacMMM wrote: »
    Treadmill run. 30 min. Getting faster! Maybe I'll sign up for a road race this fall. :)
    @TmacMMM - Nothing like a race on the schedule to help with focus!

easy 5 mile run then a bunch of swim drills done last night. Speed session today will be 400s done by alternating between 5k/marathon pace laps. Just hope the track is clear of snow.
  • tojo_73
    tojo_73 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Tired today. Did a workout this morn but dragging butt.

@sdereski I love the snowshoeing pics you have been posting. We used to go a fair bit pre-kids but they jave been gathering dust ever since. There is something amazing about cutting first tracks through the woods.

Anyone else looking forward to a potential williams sisters final and a potential Nadal Federer final? Its like its 2005. The retro open!
  • __TMac__
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Djproulx wrote: »
    TmacMMM wrote: »
    @TmacMMM - Nothing like a race on the schedule to help with focus!

easy 5 mile run then a bunch of swim drills done last night. Speed session today will be 400s done by alternating between 5k/marathon pace laps. Just hope the track is clear of snow.

@Djproulx - Totally agree. I've got the Boston rowing race in two weeks and I'm thinking the Southington Apple Festival 5k or 5M for the fall. It's right down the street from my house.
  • caramelgyrlk
    caramelgyrlk Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    Morning kids, training was a little rough but I got through it. Not sure why I am having spasms. Warming up no issues, lifting no issues, but afterwards, spasms. Hope all of you have a great day.
  • mattyc772014
    mattyc772014 Posts: 3,543 Member
    Options

Looking forward to the games today. Fun fact: the winner of the last 8 playoff games between the NY Giants and Green Bay has gone on to win the championship.

not this time

Streak is over. Lol
  • b3achy
    b3achy Posts: 2,122 Member
    Options
    kymberkaye wrote: »
    Hi All!! Soon to be 49 years old. Promised myself I would get in shape before I'm 50. I have struggled with my weight all my life. I have tried everything on the market to lose weight. Some worked, some have not. The most recent thing I have found is a weight loss coffee. So far Im down almost 20lbs, but know I need to do something more to get better results. I take a lot of medications and some keep me bloated and stopped up. Ugh. What kind if diet has worked for you the best?? Just curious to find something to help me. Thanks in advance for any info you have.

I'd recommend using the site app to just count your calories. Set your goal, and stay under it. You'll lose weight. No special products or diet plans needed. Also as you get better about staying under your goals to lose weight, then start paying more attention to your macro ratios for better nutrition balance (you may need to adjust the ratios for your needs depending on what is important to you). If you are having issues being 'stopped up', try getting more fiber in your diet. For bloat, drink more water to flush your system. Those are the things that worked for me, but YMMV.
  • __TMac__
    Options
    Rowed 7,500m today. The first 2k was warmup, followed by 1500m of fast intervals (6x250m with 30 sec rest), then 4K for the MFP friends team challenge.

I was pretty pleased with the intervals. My instructions were to go all out, presuming race pace. But my race pace is 2:07 and I did the last two intervals at 2:03!
  • doriekaye
    doriekaye Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    46 yo SAHM here, looking to lose another 50 lbs. Add me and let's do it together.
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    HI all. Had a busy day that ended with a 6km run / walk. It was a bit slower than Monday's run, but my girlfriend was feeling pretty sore. I was just happy we are out and running again.

There was a hit and run in town and apparently it was a silver hatchback, which is what I drive, so, surprise, surprise, the police showed up at my MIL's door where I was parked out front, wanting to know where I had been in the previous 1/2 hour. The police officer had seen us running, so he knew that I had only been there for a little over an hour. My name was scratched off the suspect list. :)

• gam3rguy
    Options
    "Body Beast Bulk: Back"=Done!
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    gam3rguy wrote: »
    "Body Beast Bulk: Back"=Done!

you continue to get your beast on. B)
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,986 Member
    Options
    wow, sdereski....I am happy to hear the police are checking out all leads...and also happy that they went about their business once you were OFF the suspect list!

BOOM!
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    New running shoes are arriving today after almost a month on back order. SO excited. Now just have to scrape up some time to get to the gym because I hate running in the cold. This is one of our busiest times of year with our son playing basketball and super busy in scouts, it means a lot of not being at home until 9pm (which is bed time for me!).

Trying to scrounge up a way to borrow my MILs treadmill which NEVER gets used. I'd use that thing every darned day!