Blood Type Diet Buddies?

Replies

• TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    stjohn8us wrote: »
    Hey you, what's a woo? :-) The BTD makes perfect sense. Why else would some people fail on a particular diet while others succeed? My roommate can't go a few days without beef. I'm nearly a vegetarian. Turns out her blood is type O (eat meat! eat meat!) and mine is type A (vegetarians rock). In the end, b, it's what works for you, yes?
    Hey you, what's a woo? :-) The BTD makes perfect sense. Why else would some people fail on a particular diet while others succeed? My roommate can't go a few days without beef. I'm nearly a vegetarian. Turns out her blood is type O (eat meat! eat meat!) and mine is type A (vegetarians rock). In the end, b, it's what works for you, yes?

Woo = nonsense.

I love chicken! But according to the "blood type diet" I am supposed to avoid it. For every single person that matches the type of food they are supposed to eat....there is at least one person that doesn't match.

The fact that you and your friend "match" is total coincidence.
  • DavidRocketts
    DavidRocketts Posts: 80 Member
    Blood Type Diet! Never heard such total baloney (excuse the meat-related pun) I'm an A- blood type and eat any lean meat as part of my diet. Lost 11lbs in the last five weeks on a lowish carb higher protein regime, but eat almost everything...
  • serindipte
    serindipte Posts: 1,557 Member
    edited January 2017
    Just going to leave this here and tiptoe my type-A-meat-eating-self right outta here:

http://www.webmd.com/diet/a-z/blood-type-diet

In summary:
    If the Blood Type Diet intrigues you, consider this: The science is stacked behind traditional recommendations for healthy eating for weight loss -- not restrictions based on the type of your blood.
  • serindipte
    serindipte Posts: 1,557 Member
    B) It's all cool!

Glad the diet is working for you, OP, but it's simply because you're eating fewer calories than you burn. If you actually like/want the things you've cut out, you can still have those as long as you keep your total intake below what your body uses in a day.
  • mph323
    mph323 Posts: 3,565 Member
    I just looked up the lists for my blood type (AB+). I would be utterly miserable on that diet.

AB- here and boy do I agree! The stupid thing about this idea is that in diverse populations blood type is basically random chance so genetic disposition to food sensitivities based on blood type wouldn't apply.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    OP=original poster or original post, depending. MFP shorthand.
  • CafeRacer808
    CafeRacer808 Posts: 2,396 Member
    If OP stands for Old(er) Person, then that's me!

OP stands for original poster, or original post. It's a term that's been used in various discussion forums for as long as I can remember.
  • Gisel2015
    Gisel2015 Posts: 4,130 Member
    OP= Original Poster not Old Person :D
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    You could create a group for BTD, and have the privacy of sharing your stories with your buds there.
  • jillybeansalad
    jillybeansalad Posts: 239 Member
    asthma does not go away either, the symptoms can and you can be symptom free especially if you have asthma that is triggered by allergies but asthma is a lung disease, its not curable(its treatable) and you can have a flare up at any time. They used to say you could outgrow it. thats an old myth.

Yup, I saw a decent number of people wash out of basic training because their "childhood asthma" reared its ugly head.
This discussion has been closed.