Replies

• Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    synchkat wrote: »
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    For the third time I've forgotten to buy toilet paper at the store

Thankfully you live in Canada where there's a surplus of Maple Leafs and pine cones.

It's winter though

Oh.... yeah, I remember what that was like.

No maple leaves, huh?

• synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,369 Member
    Options
    I confess that while I'm an open book if you dig deep and really know me you will learn I like to keep yucky stuff to myself because my charmed life is what makes me and others smile. I decided as a child my role in life is to bring happy and that's the image I project. the song The Show Must Go On is kind of my anthem
  • LittleHearseDriver
    LittleHearseDriver Posts: 2,677 Member
    Options
    I confess that while I'm an open book if you dig deep and really know me you will learn I like to keep yucky stuff to myself because my charmed life is what makes me and others smile. I decided as a child my role in life is to bring happy and that's the image I project. the song The Show Must Go On is kind of my anthem

I feel you. We all have skeletons in our closet. I bottle everything up and give vague answers when people ask how things are going. My family and best friend dont know what is going on in my personal life. I'm afraid they would be disappointed in me and I can't stand the thought of letting them down.
  • lauamy96
    lauamy96 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I've been drinking my roommate lemonade and I said I haven't been drinking it because I take enough of her food. She thinks it's slowly evaporating.
  • Motorsheen
    Options

I feel you. We all have skeletons in our closet. I bottle everything up and give vague answers when people ask how things are going. My family and best friend dont know what is going on in my personal life. I'm afraid they would be disappointed in me and I can't stand the thought of letting them down.

Hang in there.
  • synchkat
    Options

oh I so hear that. I worked really hard 2 years ago to get ready for a competition all because I would have let several people down had I not. When I said never again after it was met with overwhelming guilt. But hey it's nice making others happy but sometimes you just gotta draw the line but I totally hear where you're coming from
  • Motorsheen
    Options

You know what, I understand this 100%; I really do.

It's difficult to learn but you ultimately need to put your own happiness first.

There will be others that will be disappointed. Such is life.

If family loves you and you know that they do, they too will be able to move past the disappointment and focus on your well being.
  • synchkat
    Options
    lstrat115 wrote: »

I know these feels

you know what while often once comes across as cold and aloof I don't mind these feels. Makes it easy to put on the brave face when facing really scary situations but you've got to go on
  • km8907
    km8907 Posts: 3,861 Member
    Options
    km8907 wrote: »
    I'm strongly considering going to the bar this weekend and drinking heavily and just having one of those IDGAF nights where whatever happens with whoever it happens with happens. I won't go through with it, but it seems almost like a good option at this point haha.

That's how our receptionist ended up with a dui manslaughter charge. True story.

is she still your receptionist?

Admin's trying to figure out the procedure for that. She's on leave right now.

That's sad.
    Her life must be upside-down.

I'm sure she's quite vulnerable right now.

Errr..... is she hot?

I'm asking for a friend.

If 66 year olds are your thing.
  • Motorsheen
    Options
    I'm strongly considering going to the bar this weekend and drinking heavily and just having one of those IDGAF nights where whatever happens with whoever it happens with happens. I won't go through with it, but it seems almost like a good option at this point haha.

That's how our receptionist ended up with a dui manslaughter charge. True story.

is she still your receptionist?

Admin's trying to figure out the procedure for that. She's on leave right now.

That's sad.
    Her life must be upside-down.

I'm sure she's quite vulnerable right now.

Errr..... is she hot?

I'm asking for a friend.

If 66 year olds are your thing.

Umm... does she have a daughter in need of comfort too?
  • Just_J_Now
    Just_J_Now Posts: 9,551 Member
    Options
    Timshel_ wrote: »

I CHOOSE positivity and happiness.
    I certainly haven't lived it.
    There are a handful of people that really know my story.
    But that doesn't matter.
    I am not defined by it.
    I don't tell it because I don't want others to define me by it.

AMAZING is what I choose.

I choose FABULOUS. Even though I don't feel like it today, I am fabulous nonetheless. B)
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options
    moya_bleh wrote: »
    I confess that two of the three jobs that I have applied for have already progressed to the telephone interview stage and I am bloody terrified as much as I am excited!

Fingers crossed for you
  • slimgirljo15
    Options
    tjiddy wrote: »
    So sorry you guys. I'll confess that I'm blessed and I need to be reminded sometimes to not take things for granted.

Me too :)
  • slimgirljo15
    Options
    mjaykup wrote: »
    I have a confession...I have been posting these past few days that it is in fact a day ahead of what it really is. Sorry to those whose lives were crushed by this

*cough @LL5lifts cough cough*

*kitten*