• courtneyfabulous
    courtneyfabulous Posts: 1,863 Member
    edited January 2017
    Trawnagal wrote: »
    Woohoo! Down 4.8 lbs in the past week!

Wow! That's quite the loss!!
  • courtneyfabulous
    Well I lost most of the vacation weight I'd gained within the first few days back, but now I seem to be a little bloated- maybe from working again so sitting at a desk a lot. One great thing about being on vacation is I was always on the move and standing/walking a lot. I bet if I'd just avoided drinking I would have LOST weight on vacation instead of gaining- oh well!

Starting weight: 165 lbs
    Last weigh in before vacation: 152.8 lbs
    Weight post vacation:156 lbs
    Current weight: 153.2 lbs
    Weight loss this week: NA
    Weight lost total: 11.8 lbs
    Goal weight: 140/145 lbs
    Starting body fat %: 29.6
    Current body fat %: 26.5
    Body fat % lost: 3.1%

• jenwil1999
    jenwil1999 Posts: 38 Member
    Forgot to weigh in yesterday, although I'm finding daily weighing is useful. I've heard so many people say all the reasons not to focus on daily weight, but recognizing that weight will fluctuate, I find it encouraging and a good reminder at the start of each day. So daily weighing works for me at this time! Also a reminder there is no one-method-fits-all.

Starting weight: 227
    Today's weight: 114.4
    Days logged this week: 7
    Days under calorie limit: 7
  • jenwil1999
    @courtneyfabulous I think our modern jobs are so terrible for us. I hate the sitting, staring at a computer for eight hours. So unhealthy. Good for you for holding steady as you return to work!
  • 1stplace4health
    1stplace4health Posts: 523 Member
    Just got another Fitbit and gonna start walking again. I haven't really done any cardio since it stopped working in September. If I can't count my steps then what's the point? So sad.
  • jenwil1999
    @1stplace4health So true! I've got that mentality too! What did we ever do without these fitness trackers?
  • courtneyfabulous
    Just got another Fitbit and gonna start walking again. I haven't really done any cardio since it stopped working in September. If I can't count my steps then what's the point? So sad.

Haha oh no!!

You can always track miles with an app like Walkmeter or Map My Walk and your phone. Or just count the time... or just go do cardio or walking because it feels good and is good for you!

I did a hike today that's about 4.5 miles but I didn't track it or even time it.

Exercise for exercise's sake!
  • Lucy17128
    Lucy17128 Posts: 55 Member
    I love my Fitbit and panic when I forget to wear it. I also have a desk job and getting 10k steps is a challenge. My husband laughs at me when I grocery shop steering the cart with one hand, so I don't lose any steps.
  • 1stplace4health
    @Lucy17128 Exactly! hahahahaha
  • 1stplace4health
    @jenwil1999 Right! I think I love counting my steps more than actually walking. lol
  • courtneyfabulous
    It's been a good week for me, down 2 pounds from last Saturday and finally beat my lowest weight which was before I went on vacation! Back on the progress train!! Woo!

Starting weight: 165 lbs
    Current weight: 151.2 lbs
    Weight loss this week: 2 lbs
    Weight lost total: 13.8 lbs
    Goal weight: 140/145 lbs
    Starting body fat %: 29.6
    Current body fat %: 26.0
    Body fat % lost: 3.6%

• courtneyfabulous
    This is My Year folks don't forget Saturday is weigh in day! If you don't have any loss to report then let us know about a non-scale victory you had this week
  • jenwil1999
    Been a mildly tough week. Was stuck in lectures for 40 hours and weather was terrible / cold - didn't get much exercise. In addition, my hormones seem to be off, so water retention. I also tried to prep my food for the week and got terribly bored of the menu. I started at 213.8 lbs, ate carefully for 3 days, then checked in at 215. That was frustrating. The end of the week I ate less strictly and ended up at 213.4. Still under calories every day, so I'll call this a success.

Starting Weight: 227
    Current Weight: 213.4
    Weight Lost This Week: 0.4
    Days Logged This Week: 7
    Days Within Calorie: probably 7*

*For 3 meals on 3 different days, I ate out and made a very rough calorie estimate. On those days I was also very close to my calorie limits, so there's a good chance I was actually over.
  • 1stplace4health
    Week 12: Today's weight is 196 lbs. This is 2 lb weight gain from my last weigh-in. It's to be expected this week. Best wishes all.
  • Trawnagal
    Trawnagal Posts: 19 Member
    Starting Weight: 199
    Current Weight: 189.7
    Weight Lost This Week: 1.9

Yay!
  • courtneyfabulous
    Trawnagal wrote: »
    Current Weight: 189.7
    Weight Lost This Week: 1.9

Yay!

Awesome!!
  • 1stplace4health
    Week 13: Today's weight is 195 lb (1 lb weight loss since last week). This is actually Saturday's weigh-in but I have been busy this week. Taking it easy this weekend! Best wishes ALL!
  • Trawnagal
    Trawnagal Posts: 19 Member
    Current Weight: 188.7
    Weight Lost In past 2 Weeks: 1. (Was away on vacation, didn't post last week... but I maintained!)

Back on track!
  • elizabeppes
    elizabeppes Posts: 46 Member
    That's awesome Trawnagal!
  • courtneyfabulous
    Had a bit of a rough patch with a week of going over calories and last week was spent undoing the damage from that- back to 151.4 pounds which is up 0.2 pounds from my lowest weight.

Aiming to stay focused the next couple weeks in order to hit my next mini goal of 150.

Have a good week everyone!